It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: women are the secret oglers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

It’s not men who spend their time secretly ogling women - it’s women, according to a revealing new study.

And it is the fairer sex that gives their rivals’ bodies a good visual once-over, found Bristol University researchers, rather than their supposedly Neanderthal partners. Men are more likely to concentrate on a potential mate’s face.

The academics came to their conclusions after asking volunteers to examine a range of different images...

...Felix Mercer Mos, a computer science PhD student, who led the stiudy, said: “This is counter-intuitive from a sexual perspective if you are thinking about desire, but it’s not surprising if you look at it in terms of sexual competition.”

He continued: “The women might be checking out their sexual rivals, and comparing themselves with them.”

Source: The Telegraph

Interesting piece of news. I find it plausible.

Or maybe men are just better at hiding their sidelong glances to avoid the disapproval of those around them.

edit on 11/30/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

This will not come as any surprise to those of us who are not in denial of women's sexual nature

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Men are fairly obvious when they're staring at the opposite sex.
It's borderline creepy.

Sure women do it too but were just looking and most likely not going to take it the next level, like males do.
We aren't looking to upgrade or have some fun on the side.
As men or women age, they probably look even more.

Body language is a good way to tell if a female feels she is in the company of an attractive man.
She will adjust her hair. I didn't think this was true until I caught myself doing it around a very attractive man!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
It's borderline creepy.

Sure women do it too but were just looking and most likely not going to take it the next level, like males do.

Body language is a good way to tell if a female feels she is in the company of an attractive man.
She will adjust her hair. I didn't think this was true until I caught myself doing it around a very attractive man!

Here we have a glaring example of yet another new double standard in sexual dynamics, i.e. men, and women exihibitng exactly the same behaviour, when men do its wrong, but when women do its fine
edit on 30-11-2012 by hotel1 because: but removed (no pun intended)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1

It's borderline creepy.

Here we have a glaring example of yet another new double standard in sexual dynamics, i.e. men, and women exihibitng exactly the same behaviour but when men do its wrong, but when women do its fine

I think you misunderstood.
I fully admitted women stare, or that I have. I never said there was anything wrong with looking.
I did say when men do it, its creepy . This was in response to the op saying men hide it better. I said no, its obvious.

I more or less said you can look but don't touch. What is wrong with saying that ? Maybe that part was off topic, since the topic wasn't about cheating.

edit on 30-11-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

reply to post by silent thunder

This will not come as any surprise to those of us who are not in denial of women's sexual nature

Amen.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

so, it's what we all look like ogling...

EDIT:

YES! finally got to use that.....YAY!

edit on 30-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

It's borderline creepy.

Here we have a glaring example of yet another new double standard in sexual dynamics, i.e. men, and women exihibitng exactly the same behaviour but when men do its wrong, but when women do its fine

I fully admitted women stare, or that I have. I never said there was anything wrong with looking.
I did say when men do it, its creepy .

I more or less said you can look but don't touch. What is wrong with saying that ? Maybe that part was off topic, since the topic wasn't about cheating.

So now you seem to be saying that you dont consider creepy behaviour to be wrong.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

It's borderline creepy.

So now you seem to be saying that you dont consider creepy behaviour to be wrong.

I edited my post before seeing this.
Please don't twist my words.
Of course I find any form of creepy behaviour to be wrong, by whoever is doing it, male or female.
I will repeat: I did not say it was wrong to look.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Or maybe men are just better at hiding their sidelong glances to avoid the disapproval of those around them.

I'm going to have to go with this one.
Men are just pros at it.

And women only consider it creepy when they aren't attracted to the person. When they are attracted to a person and they catch him checking her out, you can bet she'll tell all her friends that this hottie was checking her out.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

The study is about women checking out other women's bodies who may be competition for male mates. The study also said that females spent little time actually looking at male's bodies. Of course one would have to read the entire study to determine their conclusions, methods of measurement, and limitations.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Of course I find any form of creepy behaviour to be wrong, by whoever is doing it, male or female.

prime example of woman logic right here.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I'll remember to never look a girl in the eyes again, thank you.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

It's borderline creepy.

Based on what you posted I do not see how you can interperet my reply as an attempt to twist your words.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Some of you might be misunderstanding the article. It's not saying that women ogle men more than men ogle women. It's saying that women spend more time checking out other women than men spend checking out women. And when women look at other women, says the article, they are "sizing up the competition" rather than perving out on them.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Based on what you posted I do not see how you can interperet my reply as an attempt to twist your words.

two words: woman logic.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by silent thunder

I'm going to have to go with this one.
Men are just pros at it.

And women only consider it creepy when they aren't attracted to the person. When they are attracted to a person and they catch him checking her out, you can bet she'll tell all her friends that this hottie was checking her out.

That is quite true but I wasn't just referring to an unattractive man ogling a woman being creepy. Not all men are creeps because they want to stare, as I said there's nothing wrong with having a look.
I meant observing a man doing it to another female, inappropriately can be creepy.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

The female's sexual rationalisation hamster spins endlessly in its wheel, but it always arrives at the same conclusion; female sexuality is always saintly, mens is always always wrong.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by djr33222
reply to post by hotel1

The study is about women checking out other women's bodies who may be competition for male mates. The study also said that females spent little time actually looking at male's bodies. Of course one would have to read the entire study to determine their conclusions, methods of measurement, and limitations.

The finds are no big shock to me.....women are always putting them selves in competition with other women....I've often said that's one of the reasons I'm not big on too many organised "girl's night out" ....who has the sexiest dress, who has the most expensive shoes, whose arse looks the smallest, whose arse looks the biggest, who has the most attractive cleavage.....and that is to name just a few and is amongst friends! It's mostly not spoken about and most women would deny it but it's there.

But i don't think that checking other women out is ALWAYS about rivalry....a lot of it can be about comparing yourself because you are insecure...........
By the way....doe's my bum look big in this?.............

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

The female's sexual rationalisation hamster spins endlessly in its wheel, but it always arrives at the same conclusion; female sexuality is always saintly, mens is always always wrong.

But, they are the ones that have to spend 9 months incubating some dude's DNA. Apart from all the social and ethical aspects of child rearing being the responsibility of both the man and the woman, biologically the female bears much more responsibility (most would say) and therefore should have greater sexual authority.

Maybe...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join