It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US and Australia won�t sign Kyoto protocol

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Money, Power And Big Business

This is a complex subject, involving stacks and stacks of details, and everyone involved is involved for money.

When I see it reduced to "Kyoto Good", "U.S. Bad", I know I'm dealing with someone who has no hope of being reasoned with.

Folks, there's a lot more to this than the Greenpeace propaganda mill is telling you.

Please, don't outsource your thinking.

The world environment is extremely important. But this is all about money, power and politics.

Please don't be a tool of people who don't give a damn about the enviornment, but want you to play patsy so they can force legislation on us that puts trillions of dollars in their pockets.

Please, Deny Ignorance.

If you really care bout this issue, check out who stands to make money off of it.

This is not the first time it's been done, and people who use fear tactics to sway you on emotional grounds are charlatans and snakes.

They can't even guarantee that all this nonsense they're pushing will do a damn thing to change anything about the global climate

I can guarantee that trillions of dollars will be made by big business.

If you insist on being somebody's servant, at least try not to put more money in multinational corporate pockets as a reward for manipulating world politics.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Money, Power And Big Business

This is a complex subject, involving stacks and stacks of details, and everyone involved is involved for money.

When I see it reduced to "Kyoto Good", "U.S. Bad", I know I'm dealing with someone who has no hope of being reasoned with.

Folks, there's a lot more to this than the Greenpeace propaganda mill is telling you.

Please, don't outsource your thinking.

The world environment is extremely important. But this is all about money, power and politics.

Please don't be a tool of people who don't give a damn about the enviornment, but want you to play patsy so they can force legislation on us that puts trillions of dollars in their pockets.

Please, Deny Ignorance.

If you really care bout this issue, check out who stands to make money off of it.

This is not the first time it's been done, and people who use fear tactics to sway you on emotional grounds are charlatans and snakes.

They can't even guarantee that all this nonsense they're pushing will do a damn thing to change anything about the global climate

I can guarantee that trillions of dollars will be made by big business.

If you insist on being somebody's servant, at least try not to put more money in multinational corporate pockets as a reward for manipulating world politics.

great post Majic

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Australia doesn't need to sign, we're below what we would be allowed to emit anyway.
And theres no point everyone signing if some countries like china have got 25 years before they have to comply.
It will be too late by then.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by llama009
Australia doesn't need to sign, we're below what we would be allowed to emit anyway.
And theres no point everyone signing if some countries like china have got 25 years before they have to comply.
It will be too late by then.

I don´t know how much pollution comes from China. I believe Australia is a very small polluter. Actually I believe it´s too late anyway. Kyoto will have too little impact. Now we can only prepare for the consequences. Freak weather and such. I bet this years hurricane season will set a new record...

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This is an old thread, I know. And the US-election is over now. Keep that in mind when you read the old comments in this thread. This just in... :

Guardian: Revealed: how oil giant influenced Bush

June 8, 2005

President's George Bush's decision not to sign the United States up to the Kyoto global warming treaty was partly a result of pressure from ExxonMobil, the world's most powerful oil company, and other industries, according to US State Department papers seen by the Guardian.

The documents, which emerged as Tony Blair visited the White House for discussions on climate change before next month's G8 meeting, reinforce widely-held suspicions of how close the company is to the administration and its role in helping to formulate US policy.

In briefing papers given before meetings to the US under-secretary of state, Paula Dobriansky, between 2001 and 2004, the administration is found thanking Exxon executives for the company's "active involvement" in helping to determine climate change policy, and also seeking its advice on what climate change policies the company might find acceptable.

"President Bush tells Mr Blair he's concerned about climate change, but these documents reveal the alarming truth, that policy in this White House is being written by the world's most powerful oil company. This administration's climate policy is a menace to humanity," said Stephen Tindale, Greenpeace's executive director in London last night.

Click the link to read the full article...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join