It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Corporations That Still Get New Gov't Contracts, Despite Alleged Misconduct

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well, this is interesting.

I doubt this will come as a surprise to anyone, but I think it is still worth noting. We see no shortage of Govt. corruption in the US, be it lobbyists in backroom deals, or that well placed administrator who just happened to work for one company or another that was fortunate enough to get that big payday contract from one department or another.

The ones that come to mind quickest for me are Goldman Sachs' revolving door through the Federal Reserve and the US Treasury, and the tendency for Monsanto employees to end up working for the USDA and key Congressmen and Senators.

Over the past 10 years, BP has paid tens of millions of dollars in fines and been implicated in four separate instances of criminal misconduct that could have prompted this far more serious action. Until now, the company's executives and their lawyers have fended off such a penalty by promising that BP would change its ways.

Reminds me of Oshkosh and the faulty welds on the M-ATV's.

But many companies with federal contracts have been cited for misconduct. Apparently you just have to be really, really bad—like, 26-people-dead, Gulf-ecosystem-destroyed, lying-to-Congress bad—in order to get barred like BP did. The government regularly blocks companies from getting new contracts; there were 5,838 suspensions, proposed debarments, and debarments in 2011, an increase over previous years, but most of them are much smaller companies.

Link

Here is the Top Ten List.

1. Exxon Mobil
2. Lockheed Martin
3. Boeing Company
4. General Electric
5. Honeywell International Inc.
6. ChevronTexaco Corporation
7. Northrop Grumman
8. Fluor Corporation
9. Royal Dutch Shell PLC
10. GlaxoSmithKline

One can only speculate how these corporations are allowed to continue to rake in tax payer money.

I like this site.
Contractormisconduct.org

So, what are your thoughts?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Thanks for that link!! I lol'd when I looked at the Government of the United States!!!!! Not a darn law has ever been broken by them......

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Great thread idea.
It makes me a bit ill knowing what these giants get away with.
Well and some not giants..how about Black Water or Xe' or whatever the hell they call
themselves now? They've flat out killed innocent people and still get
the lions share of security jobs in the ME.
edit on 30-11-2012 by sealing because: punctuation

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Ooh, that is also a good one.

But, that was Blackwater. They no longer are allowed to conduct operations for the US Govt.
Xe, on the other hand, has done no wrong.

It's no different than Napalm. Napalm has been banned.

Now we use Incendigel. Same thing, new name.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The list, including the automotive industry, are the backbone of America currently and it unfortunately makes all too much sense to continue to cater to them.

Right or Wrong, corrupt or not, these companies keep the wheels spinning, not only the companies themselves but all the peripheral companies that are supported through them, which are many.

The companies as listed have been around, with the current name or not, for so long they have spread throughout the US infrastructure almost like a cancer.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Doesn't Xe have a new name now??? I am sure they do, I just can't remember it....I am sure, someone on ATS knows it.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Unfortunately, you are correct.

Without those companies most of US industry would collapse, and what jobs are left would disappear quickly. But with that being said, sufficient punishments should be administered and alternative US based companies should be used whenever possible to send the message home.

reply to post by seeker1963

You are correct.

Academi

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Surprised Halliburton didn't make the list. I guess when they had Bechtel in the top ten it covered for Hali. Edit: I guess they came in at number 13.
edit on 30-11-2012 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Peruse that database and you'll see some very interesting "violations." Boeing, for example, spilled some fuel in the Duwamish waterway. Violation! Many of the so-called violations are lawsuits brought by interest groups alledging discrimination or violations the Americans with Disabilities Act, etc. When you look through these misconduct lists it amazes me that any company would agree to do business either with the US government or even in the United States itself. It's an utter nightmare of regulations and compliance.

But what really gets me is the rock and a hard place we place these companies in. On the one hand we scold them and say they must realize foreign countries are not like the United States so you have to comply with local customs and respect their culture. Never be ethnocentric, you big bad Americans!

which includes bribing local officials for contracts, so if you actually DO that and respect the local culture, which everywhere else is rife with what we call "corruption" (local customary best practices) then you're in trouble for THAT. Meanwhile other countries, not hidebound by our version of morality, go in and sweep up the contracts.

So we are damned if we do and damned if we don't. So I think often times fines are appropriate, but I do not think these companies should be banned from dealing with government contracts. (Have you ever seen a US government procurement contract? They are amazingly detailed.) Who is going to build our tankers? Airbus?
edit on 11/30/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I can't find fault with your comment.

Many regulations in effect in the US are completely absurd. Also, there is no shortage of organizations waiting in the wings to sue for any kind of wrongdoing, real or imagined.

This country has become a gigantic steaming pile of red tape. I'm in the military and I probably break 4 laws every day just trying to get stuff done.

I have had the misfortune to read a Govt. contract, it took me about two weeks. I kept nodding off every 3 or 4 pages. It was very painful.

I guess the moral of this story is that when the Govt. is involved with big corporations, No one wins.
edit on 30-11-2012 by watchitburn because: Spelling and grammar.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Exxon Top 5 Holders
VANGUARD GROUP INC
STATE STREET CORP
BARCLAYS GLOBAL INVESTORS UK HOLDINGS LTD
BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON CORP
NORTHERN TRUST CORP

Lockheed Martin Top 5 Holders
STATE STREET CORP
CAPITAL WORLD INVESTORS
MASSACHUSETTS FINANCIAL SERVICES CO /MA/
CAPITAL RESEARCH GLOBAL INVESTORS
VANGUARD GROUP INC

Boeing Top 5 Holders
EVERCORE TRUST COMPANY, N.A.
CAPITAL WORLD INVESTORS
STATE STREET CORP
PRICE T ROWE ASSOCIATES INC /MD/
VANGUARD GROUP INC

General Electric Top 5 Holders
VANGUARD GROUP INC
STATE STREET CORP
FMR LLC
CAPITAL WORLD INVESTORS

Honeywell International Inc. Top 5 Holders
STATE STREET CORP
VANGUARD GROUP INC
GRUSS & CO INC
WELLINGTON MANAGEMENT CO LLP

Chevron Texaco Corporation Top 5 Holders (Cheveron and Texico merged - Sept 7 2001)
STATE STREET CORP
VANGUARD GROUP INC
CAPITAL WORLD INVESTORS
FMR LLC

Northrop Grumman Top 5 Holders
STATE STREET CORP
CAPITAL WORLD INVESTORS
VANGUARD GROUP INC

Fluor Corporation Top 5 Holders
JPMORGAN CHASE & CO
FMR LLC
WINSLOW CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC
VANGUARD GROUP INC
BROWN ADVISORY INC

Royal Dutch Shell PLC Top 5 Holders
CAPITAL WORLD INVESTORS
FMR LLC
CAPITAL RESEARCH GLOBAL INVESTORS
PRICE T ROWE ASSOCIATES INC /MD/
FRANKLIN RESOURCES INC

GlaxoSmithKline Top 5 holders
DODGE & COX
GRUSS & CO INC
ROYAL BANK OF CANADA
FMR LLC
FISHER ASSET MANAGEMENT, LLC

Common Holders
VANGUARD GROUP INC (8)
STATE STREET CORP (7)
CAPITAL WORLD INVESTORS (6)
FMR LLC (5)
BARCLAYS GLOBAL INVESTORS UK HOLDINGS LTD (4)
MASSACHUSETTS FINANCIAL SERVICES CO /MA/ (3)
CAPITAL RESEARCH GLOBAL INVESTORS (2)
GRUSS & CO INC (2)
PRICE T ROWE ASSOCIATES INC /MD/ (2)
BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON CORP (1)
BROWN ADVISORY INC (1)
DODGE & COX (1)
EVERCORE TRUST COMPANY, N.A. (1)
FISHER ASSET MANAGEMENT, LLC (1)
FRANKLIN RESOURCES INC (1)
JPMORGAN CHASE & CO (1)
NORTHERN TRUST CORP (1)
ROYAL BANK OF CANADA (1)
WELLINGTON MANAGEMENT CO LLP (1)
WINSLOW CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC (1)

Top 5 "collective" Holders

VANGUARD GROUP INC = $1.7 trillion in declared assets (Key players William McNabb, President; John J. Brennan, Chairman; John C. Bogle, Founder

STATE STREET Corp = $216.83 billion in declared assets (Key palyer Jay Hooley (President, CEO, and Chairman))

CAPITAL WORLD INVESTORS = $1+ trillion in declared assets (key player David I. Fisher, Chairman)

FMR LLC = $1.5 trillion in declared assets (key player Edward Johnson, III (Chairman & CEO))

BARCLAYS GLOBAL INVESTORS UK HOLDINGS LTD = £1.564 trillion, (key players Sir David Walker (Group Chairman); Antony Jenkins (Group Chief Executive))

From here the lines can be drawn..... you may notice the connections... you may not.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Ha ha.
Well, isn't that interesting. I'm seeing a trend here.

But isn't that how it always goes? If you look hard and long enough, you will inevitably come to the same small group of individuals.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

What is that website that connects everyone together in a graph?? I bet you would find a hundred more connections right there.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

No wonder good people can't get any jobs.
The company way:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

ooops nevermind. eyes going bad. LOL

edit on 1-12-2012 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

ooops nevermind. eyes going bad. LOL

edit on 1-12-2012 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

Up in flames

Our future is in their hands.
Obama can't care and neither will any president, congress, law department or wall street.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Exxon Top 5 Holders
VANGUARD GROUP INC
STATE STREET CORP
BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON CORP...

Wow, nice job.

Maybe they *are* the government.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
... just as John F. Kennedy and President Eisenhower had alluded to - the military-industrial complex.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I found some related links:

The Large Families that Rule the World
www.thetotalcollapse.com...
english.pravda.ru...

Some people have started realizing that there are large financial groups that dominate the world. Forget the political intrigues, conflicts, revolutions and wars. It is not pure chance. Everything has been planned for a long time.

Some call it “conspiracy theories” or New World Order. Anyway, the key to understanding the current political and economic events is a restricted core of families who have accumulated more wealth and power.

We are speaking of 6, 8 or maybe 12 families who truly dominate the world. Know that it is a mystery difficult to unravel.

We will not be far from the truth by citing Goldman Sachs, Rockefellers, Loebs Kuh and Lehmans in New York, the Rothschilds of Paris and London, the Warburgs of Hamburg, Paris and Lazards Israel Moses Seifs Rome.

Many people have heard of the Bilderberg Group, Illuminati or the Trilateral Commission. But what are the names of the families who run the world and have control of states and international organizations like the UN, NATO or the IMF?

We can see that now there appears to be a nucleus present in all banks: State Street Corporation, Vanguard Group, BlackRock and FMR (Fidelity). To avoid repeating them, we will now call them the “big four”

To finish, a look at some of the companies controlled by this “big four” group

Alcoa Inc.

Altria Group Inc.

American International Group Inc.

AT&T Inc.

Boeing Co.

Caterpillar Inc.

Coca-Cola Co.

DuPont & Co.

Exxon Mobil Corp.

General Electric Co.

General Motors Corporation

Hewlett-Packard Co.

Home Depot Inc.

Honeywell International Inc.

Intel Corp.

International Business Machines Corp

Johnson & Johnson

JP Morgan Chase & Co.

McDonald’s Corp.

Merck & Co. Inc.

Microsoft Corp.

3M Co.

Pfizer Inc.

Procter & Gamble Co.

United Technologies Corp.

Verizon Communications Inc.

Wal-Mart Stores Inc.

Time Warner

Walt Disney

Viacom

Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation.,

CBS Corporation

NBC Universal

The same “big four” control the vast majority of European companies counted on the stock exchange.

In addition, all these people run the large financial institutions, such as the IMF, the European Central Bank or the World Bank, and were “trained” and remain “employees” of the “big four” that formed them.

The names of the families that control the “big four”, never appear.

Translated from the Portuguese version by:

Lisa Karpova

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Federal Reserve Cartel: The Eight Families

So who then are the stockholders in these money center banks?

This information is guarded much more closely. My queries to bank regulatory agencies regarding stock ownership in the top 25 US bank holding companies were given Freedom of Information Act status, before being denied on “national security” grounds. This is rather ironic, since many of the bank’s stockholders reside in Europe.

One important repository for the wealth of the global oligarchy that owns these bank holding companies is US Trust Corporation – founded in 1853 and now owned by Bank of America. A recent US Trust Corporate Director and Honorary Trustee was Walter Rothschild. Other directors included Daniel Davison of JP Morgan Chase, Richard Tucker of Exxon Mobil, Daniel Roberts of Citigroup and Marshall Schwartz of Morgan Stanley. [2]

J. W. McCallister, an oil industry insider with House of Saud connections, wrote in The Grim Reaper that information he acquired from Saudi bankers cited 80% ownership of the New York Federal Reserve Bank- by far the most powerful Fed branch- by just eight families, four of which reside in the US. They are the Goldman Sachs, Rockefellers, Lehmans and Kuhn Loebs of New York; the Rothschilds of Paris and London; the Warburgs of Hamburg; the Lazards of Paris; and the Israel Moses Seifs of Rome.

top topics

join