It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Stan Lenic protecting citizens' rights, defending the Constitution.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13
I LOVE this officer.

Me too, I really love his protective spirit!
Did I say, this was an awesome video?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Here is an excellent write up of the situation. They like Sherriff Stan too!

www.timesunion.com...

And one more:
wnyt.com...
edit on 2-12-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

I'm right there with you. The police in my area are the "shoot first, ask later" types. The sheriff department is a lot more "by the book", which is a good thing most of the time. But, it is refreshing to see LEOs who actually find out what is going on before taking action.

(Also, the closing bracket of the original quote is missing, so your response is shown as part of the overall quote...)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Nice to see a LEO in good light for a change and actually being a public servant. His knowledge, demeanor and professionalism is commendable. I hope he suffers no backlash by the Airport representative in regards to going behind his back and complaining or getting him reassigned. I wouldn't at all be surprised if he tried.

Notice how the airport representative, tried to blow them off with a million dollar insurance policy. An attempt to quash the 1st Amendment with money & trickery. There seems to be many in this mans generation that get angry about people standing up for their rights. For whatever reason despite the 1st Amendment the older generations were taught to keep their mouth's shut and not to challenge authority. It was considered good manners to cower.

Notice too, how their name "Airport Authority implies authority beyond it's own scope.

Anyway thanks to the Op for the good story that I would have missed since the msm will probably never pick it up.
edit on 12/2/12 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
This is pretty cool. I live in Albany, and have been to the airport multiple times...

Let's not confuse Albany Police as bastions of freedom, though. For those who aren't aware, Albany is probably as politically corrupt as any city in the country. It is a significant locality for the elite, and goes under the radar more than it should.

In typical Albany fashion, I'm sure this fellow will use to publicity to completely sell out to the Democratic machine and run for office

But good job on this one.

Even though I'd say the Albany police in general are unsatisfactory.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

And that ladies and men folk is what wearing a badge means!

This is what a real hero is.

*Tuco tips his hat to the Law Man*

The Rat.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to gladtobehere

Albany Sheriff's Deputy Lenic is going to find many neato, keen, swell, boss, groovin, things in his stocking this year...we need capable officers like this deputy, setting the false authority imposer straight, and not harshing the citizens.
The Inflamed Hemorrhoid, tin badge Hitler will probably be constipated until he can feel up somebody's Gramma, or diaper check Little Miss Louisiana...he'll enjoy this...the young pageant fodder have Vicky Torria's No Secrets things which they wear just about any time they step out of the house.
I don't think that children that young should be outfitted by makers of "Exciting" clothing, but it is part of their trade craft.
I've heard one youngster explain the economy and how to fix it in 3 minutes.
These children are often the targets of child molesters who are firmly ensconced in the Pageant circuit.
Sometimes parents will drug their little girl so that the access to the beauty queen is unimpeded...I've seen it happen, I reported it, and was told the parents and the child denied any such things had happened, of course the little lady said it didn't happen...Chloral hydrate in one's orange juice renders that person insensate, she would not remember because she was unconscious.
The true story on Jonbenet Ramsey undoubtedly contains evil people who enable these perverted slime, for financial gain, and to help their daughter win the pageant.
You'd be stunned to know how deeply the network of pedophiles is hidden behind a wall of denial, yeah, I'm pointin at YOU TSA..
You could say I hate pedophiles.
All of them.
Including my sibling who is in prison for his monstrous acts...he was selling pictures and cuddle sessions with his step daughters, one 8 one 10.
I've spoken to him once in the 35 of his 85 year prison term, to tell him he was dead to me. I told him don't ask about me, don't write me, die. Die in a fire to preheat you for hell.
Every time he comes up for parole I contact the board members to plead with them to make him do his full 85 years.
That I know of he didn't start with them, I had no indication of his perverse failed psychology until he said; "Hey, look at these!.
I looked at three and called the police as he stood there shocked that not only did I not think what he had done was in any way acceptable, I was holding his evidence for the responding officer. He tried to run, but I gave his tag number and possible hide-out locations, they caught him a couple of days later...ain't been out since, I wish somebody'd use a broken broomhandle on him.
If he gets out he will molest (including full intercourse with damaging penetration to both girls).
If he gets out and I had him in my sights, I'd have a hunting accident in 340 grain 35 Remington...just the wind from that load would blow out his candle....O0opsie!
Golly Ociffer, I was just cleaning it and it went off, I thought it was empty!
I'd get "no billed" again were the grand jury informed of the horrors he visited on who knows how many kids.
I might get the key to the city, but even if I had to spend my remaining years dead since prison doesn't work for me, and self termination is a right my grandmother taught me, I spoke with her as she put herself into a fatal sugar level, it was a loving conversation, she made me swear not to call an ambulance, and let her go because my grandfather would be dead in a couple of days and she'd had enough life to say she lived and died on her terms.
It was she who taught me the "ways".
I asked her if she wanted me to pray and she was suddenly full of fire!
"You don't believe that $h1t do you?"
I told her I didn't but knew how a lot of agnoatheists sure got religion as the departed, and wanted everybody to petition the creator of the universe for them to go to "heaven".
"I knew I raised you better than that"...she had indeed, her ways were real and it included many things not in general knowledge. I had seen. I had done. I knew her way was true for us. I was immune to religion's sweet lies...SWEET?
Heaven sounds hellish if you study it. Jesus said "In my father's house there are many mansions."
He did not say you get one. Nope you will serve god for eternity if any of it were true...you'd have to never stop saying things like "Blessed art Thou most Holy, praised be your works, praised be your wisdom, glory glory unto Thee."
Not kidding.
Seems the judeo-christian god is a little too needy if you ask me...you need 100% positive feedback(would Worship Again)...sorta a bad character flaw, I'll give you a reading of the Bible which will infuriate christians.
And every word is in scripture.
I'm not here to comfort the tormented, I'm here to torment the comforted...with the cold hard facts on file.
Preachers and believers avoid me because I see error, and I see delusional thinking, and I speak truth to power.
My Grandmother's last words were "I love you."
I listened as she slipped into her departure.
As The world's premier poet (Leonard Cohen) would say...I "danced her to the end of love."
I do not fear death, and I will greet the reaper with an embrace as my liberator.
Yee shall know the truth, and the truth will piss you off.
Lovely.
So call a cop or something.
edit on 2-12-2012 by Luminaught because: Low I.Q., Birth Defects, Transformer Potential(Lou Reed), love to dance, call me, we'll catch up on some really intense sin!

edit on 2-12-2012 by Luminaught because: Rage Against The Inevitable, love for the unaceptable, disgust, Flirting with disaster, taking all bets, a killer cutie,LOL WUT?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Why isn't something like the literature and videos Oath Keepers made, used like required reading for every military/peace officer serving under our noble stars and stripes?

Blessed are the Oath Keepers for they are the defenders of the Truth, and protectors of the Meek...

And since the Constitution is,(as should be), our only Commander and/or Chief, should we not make it's understanding more readily available, and appropriately understandable to our population?

Should we not devote some of our tax and technology towards educating We The People, about We The People?!?

One of the activists, Jason Burmas, said it best, toward the end of the video when he complimented Sheriff Lenic by saying "Thanks for being informed."

That's the key here, really...isn't it? Being informed?

Imagine if you could pick up some nearby public net device and access aps that could tell you exactly what your constitutional rights were in any given situation, in an instant?
Doug Meyers might have handled the situation a little differently if he had been more educated on the activists constitutional rights, and the lines over which he himself in his capacity as airport spokesman could not cross.

In these days of the Age of Information, it is a sad testimonial to see people, who should be of greater stature, brought low by simple ignorance of our Constitutional, and indeed inalienable rights as Dignified Human Beings...

A blessing on all involved, that they should have Courage to seek the Truth of a given situation, and temper their judgement with Compassion toward the Human elements involved...

edit on 2-12-2012 by Khurzon because: added link

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

AHHHHHHHHHHH I wanted to jump up and down with joy.

This Sheriff is amazing, I wanted to hug him. The airport authority was doing everything in his power not to grab the flyers from the girl he looked so frustrated. Thank you for brightening my day, and restoring my hope in public servants.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
it's a sad sad day when a cop garners such high praise for just doing his job

something they should be doing day in, day out, in any country

(btw thats not intended as a slight against the guy or vid)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Is it just me, or does it seem that the majority of decent cops out there usually happen to be from the sherrif dept, and not police dept? Do they get different training or something? Just seems odd to me. Anyways, good for him. He should have arrested that snivelling prick for harassment too, that would have been nice icing on the cake

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
When a man is instructed to walk down the road and open fire and commit mass murder in the face of this, provisions will be made and our rights will be stripped

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
This is pretty cool. I live in Albany, and have been to the airport multiple times...

Let's not confuse Albany Police as bastions of freedom, though. For those who aren't aware, Albany is probably as politically corrupt as any city in the country. It is a significant locality for the elite, and goes under the radar more than it should.

In typical Albany fashion, I'm sure this fellow will use to publicity to completely sell out to the Democratic machine and run for office

But good job on this one.

Even though I'd say the Albany police in general are unsatisfactory.

as someone who livesvin schenectady i disagree with you wholeheartedly, thats real corrution. Albany politics is whats corrupt the police force work in a war zone for gods sake. ive lived on sherman steet, ive delpt with the cops, give respect and youll get it.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Well done Sheriff Lenic

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Bravo to the officers, and can someone work on getting grumpy over there fired and shipped to another country? Thanks, great!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
My favorite part had to have been when Lenic said "He doesn't need to show you his ID" to that idiot PR guy.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I really really really hated that old guy, but I loved that he could do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!! Loved this video, more for an old prude getting told what's up, then the pat down information but hey I love 'authority' types who actually get told their wrong. AWESOME!!!!!!!!
edit on 2-12-2012 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

Most of them are alright people, I've met a few and they've been decent. But politics and policing are not completely exclusive, you have to know that some of the political corruption finds it's way into the police force...like any other governmental department, they have to lobby for funding.

And, more likely than not some people toward the top of the chain are in bed with the Mayor, State legislators, etc...maybe the governor...

We talk about conspiracys of the "elite" a lot on this site, and Albany is pretty heavily involved in this kind of stuff. As the capital of NY, where most of the countries financial powerhouses are located, there is a lot of money exchanged for less than ethical reasons...and a lot of people who are subservient to an agenda.

ETA: And yeah, Schenectady is corrupt too. Also Troy. The whole area is....why would Albany be serving of this respect when it is the engine of it all?
edit on 12/2/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Everyone in the video did very well, even the airport authority, who just happened to have a point of view that was disputed. He kept his cool.

Many police officers and security guards (of which I was one for many years) have been in the position of the Sherrif's deputies in this video and basically acted the same way. Things can and do get much, much hotter when you are stuck between a rock and a hard place as the deputy was.

Many police and security guards don't get the credit they deserve, but the guys in the video did a professional job. Professionals don't lose their cool. They stick to procedures, where possible, and do their best to calm the waters.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Great thread OP, well done to the Sheriff here......but as someone else pointed out, this is what any policeman should have done.

Not being from the U.S. can someone explain the difference between the Sheriff Dept and Police Dept?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join