It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry getting big boost from Catholics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Although he says he is "pro-choice", George Bush hasn't confirmed whether he will make abortion illegal or not. He is being non-committal on the subject whenever he is asked.

Meanwhile, Kerry is using a "holistic" approach and saying that you have to look at the whole picture, not just aborted fetuses. He can save miliions and millions of lives by his advocating peace and not war, supporting healthcare that is affordable and supporting stem cell research which could potentially save millions and millions of lives. Christians who believe that all live is precious and some death is inevitable are turning in greater numbers towards Kerry. Of course, the radical conservatives are voting for Bush because on a higher level they believe he is "a mouthpiece of God". In other words, there is no logical argument which can dissuade them from their decision.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I saw a bumper sticker that said you can't support abortion and kerry at the same time if you're catholic, so there's one that isn't too happy with his stance on the issue

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

[Originally posted by jupiter869

Meanwhile, Kerry is using a "holistic" approach and saying that you have to look at the whole picture, not just aborted fetuses. He can save miliions and millions of lives by his advocating peace and not war, supporting healthcare that is affordable and supporting stem cell research which could potentially save millions and millions of lives. Christians who believe that all live is precious and some death is inevitable are turning in greater numbers towards Kerry.

Is this your opinion? I haven't seen any other source yet verifying that this is happening.

[Originally posted by jupiter869
Of course, the radical conservatives are voting for Bush because on a higher level they believe he is "a mouthpiece of God". In other words, there is no logical argument which can dissuade them from their decision.

I guess that I am one of these "radical conservatives" because I have not heard a logical argument yet.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
check out msnbc.com for the details on catholics supporting Kerry. Read it just yesterday.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
And now for an entirely opposite view on the matter...

Bishops Opposing Kerry

Some American Catholic bishops are "intent on throwing the weight of the church into the elections," an article in today's New York Times reports, citing the activities of Colorado's Archbishop Charles J. Chaput as an example.

The archbishop, the Times says, maintains that a vote for President Bush is the only way a faithful Catholic should vote in November.

The entire article here: Bishops against Kerry

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I believe that I found the program you were talking about.

These were only opinions given in defense of a poll that Chris Matthews was looking at, but the Catholic did not recognize this poll.

Chris "guessed" at why there was such a difference in Kerry's up swing in the poll. The "guesses" that he made are what you have quoted in your first post. There was also a discussion about the differences in Catholics who practice their faith and those who do not. Another guess was that this might have something to do with the results of that poll.

The Catholic said the poll he saw was just the opposite.

The rest of the discussion went on about abortion, just/unjust war, death penalty. Why the church does not want to punish, but to forgive the woman getting the abortion.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
And now for an entirely opposite view on the matter...

Bishops Opposing Kerry

Guess it's time for me to step up to the plate. I am a Roman Catholic. I am a convert to Catholism. So you can't say I was brain washed from the time I opened my wee little eyes.

The Catholic church is against abortion and believes life begins at conception. There fore it is a mortal sin to take this human life.

Now.... it is the business of Bishops and priests to teach us. This has been accomplished in the past in a much more discreet way. Children learn this in Church school. They grow up knowing these things. Now we are front page news. Neither the Bishop, priest, or me can judge whether John Kerry is in a state of grace to be able to receive communion.

So in the past the Catholic people have been instructed within the church as to what is a mortal sin. And abortion is a mortal sin. The Church and the Lord are willing and waiting to give forgivness to those who stumble and want to repent. But, if a person willingly commits a mortal sin and has not repented, they are endangering their own soul by receiving communion. If they are Catholic they know this. It is their choice.

This is where things started to get weird. The Bishop should have spoken to John Kerry in private to make sure he knew what the Church teaches. This should never have been in the news. It really is nobodys business but John Kerry and the Lord.

Where am I going with this? I don't think that it belongs on the front pages of newpapers, etc. As Catholics we are taught the truth, it is our duty to examine politicans for ourselves to see if they fit what we have been taught is the truth.

We Believe

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
www.catholicsagainstkerry.com...

I will not be supporting Kerry and I'm Catholic. None of
my Catholic family supports him ... including both of my
rabid democrat parents who live in Connecticut.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I wonder if those same Catholics who do not now support Kerry would support if he said that he does not support abortion, but neither does he support the morning after pill.

The same goes for Bush and his Catholic supporters, except substitute stem-cell research for abortion.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
I wonder if those same Catholics who do not
now support Kerry would support if ....

Not this Catholic. Too many other issues besides
abortion and destruction of human life at the
embryonic level. DEFENSE is the biggie ...

top topics

join