It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a UFO this morning in the BROAD DAYLIGHT.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Seems the local media have no information about sightings of a UFO today:

News Daytona Beach

Daytona Beach News Journal

Seems unusual that a BROAD DAYLIGHT sighting in an area with a city population of 61,000 (SOURCE), and an additional 430,000 in the surrounding metropolitan area (SOURCE).....and no other witnesses?

edit on 30-11-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceBoyPluto

I saw one of these spheres in 2006, I was also in a car. It was hard to judge the size because it was so high up. It just sat there in the sky, in broad daylight and the sun reflected off it. I remember feeling watched, then we turned a bend and I lost track of it.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gavron

They hide in plain sight. I was on a very busy road when I saw one. Car's weren't pulling over to look at it because I don't think anyone spotted it.
edit on 1-12-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I wasn't thinking, honestly.. I was so amazed I didn't know what to do but just watch.

I was the same man, I was speechless. I didn't even tell my mum who I was with at the time. I was just in awe. Seriously, seeing is believing.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Just a question.... is there such a thing as NARROW daylight?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Becuase I was driving, I couldn't take out my phone and start recording, and because I didn't want people honking at me

*sniff* *sniff* anyone else catch a whif of that?! Pee-Yoo!!

C'mon, dude...

Things I do before I give a rat's ass that someone honks at me in that situation...
- get a ticket
- hit the car in front of me
- get rammed by the car in back of me
- drive off the road, over the median, down the wrong way... Go to jail.

Look, I'm not saying you're full of sh*t... But, if you ARE, in fact, being 100% honest about your sighting, well then I would say you chose poorly.

Just sayin'.

edit on 12/1/2012 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
according to the map there is an aerospace industrial park across the street from the airport and directly next to the airport ( and basically connected to the airport) is Embry-riddle aeronautical university.
It might have been something that the university was experimenting with, like remote controlled type thing.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Thanks for reporting this incident.

I am not here to dissect your information, to try and make sense of it, to call you out, or to pour cold water over your excitement.

I can fully appreciate that you may have handled the situation better, and, had you been of an artistic temperament, then you could have described the sighting, and distances much better.

But this was your sighting, and your are doing right by your fellow members here, by reporting it, well done.

Having witnessed my own sighting, years ago, I have no reason not to believe you. This may be due to my own experience, but it does give me a wider perspective.

I have no fear of keeping an open mind, when info like this has zero chance of hurting me, so I find the negatives position strange.

It does happen, but ask yourself, what would drive somebody to wake up one morning and say, I'm gonna write a complete BS post on ATS, and risk destroying any credibility I once had there?

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Just a question.... is there such a thing as NARROW daylight?

I have thought this myself, it is entirely possible that an image is projected in one direction, that is not seen by anyone else even a fraction of a degree away.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Interesting. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Could it have been a spruced up version of this?

No offense, but that is not a sphere. Its a propellar based drone inside a roughly spherically shaped CAGE.

If it was a covered sphere, it would never fly.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Embry riddle is a flight school. In fact its the flight school that trained a couple of the highjackers of 9/11. My dad lived right down the road from it. Most of the roads in the area have curbs on the sides of them so pulling off the road to observe an object in the sky would in fact cause one to stop traffic dead which in this area is a considerable amount of traffic. Especally at that time of day.

Also right in the same area is the daytona motor speedway. To the west of this area it's somewhat open territory, meaning undeveloped.

Daytona International is an incredibly small airport as airports go. You can drive around the whole thing in five minutes.

By the way, S&F for posting your sighting.

There are very few tall structures in the area so you can get an unimpeded visual of anthing that is in flight in this area. I think the tallest structure I recall was at Embry Riddle and that was maybe four stories.

Many of the roads in the area have higher than usual speed limits because of the space between cross streets which is considerable.
Just a few notes that may help the readers understand why the op was hestant to do what many here think should have been obvious.

edit on 1-12-2012 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I have seen a sphere although it was gold not gray, I know of others that have seen similar craft. Thank you for sharing your experience. I am not too bothered when people don't have video because I know they have a tendency to show themselves when they know they can't be recorded. This experience was likely meant to wake you up a bit more than you currently are. Wouldn't be surprised if you see more in the months to come.. and different types, not all the same. Let us know will you?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

I have seen a sphere although it was gold not gray, I know of others that have seen similar craft. Thank you for sharing your experience. I am not too bothered when people don't have video because I know they have a tendency to show themselves when they know they can't be recorded. This experience was likely meant to wake you up a bit more than you currently are. Wouldn't be surprised if you see more in the months to come.. and different types, not all the same. Let us know will you?

I've seen one which was a silvery-gold. It had a pearly luster, reflecting sunlight in a diffuse specular highlight. When I initially spotted it, it was flying over a jet airliner on approach to Vancouver's airport. It was initially travelling at least ten times faster than the jet, coming to a very fast stop some distance in front of the jet, after a smooth deceleration. I don't know if the flight crew noticed it, but they took no evasive action. The sphere seemed to be about 100 feet above the jets flight vector. After the sphere stopped, I was able to get my binoculars so I got a really good look at it.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Come to think of it. Why wouldn't you stop traffic if something so amazing was in the sky? I would stop every car and politely ask them to all pull out their phones and start recording.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I have never seen a UFO wish I could. That is really cool!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Broad daylight.. in the morning? Do you mean dawn? Certainly different lighting conditions. What do you mean by "spinning in all directions?" And what highway / road were you on? The name of it please.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Could it have been a spruced up version of this?

No offense, but that is not a sphere. Its a propellar based drone inside a roughly spherically shaped CAGE.

If it was a covered sphere, it would never fly.

Erm, correction, it would never fly with conventional technology

The UFO phenomena at it's truest point is not conventional tech.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceBoyPluto

Originally posted by DJW001

What direction were you looking when you first saw the object? How high in the sky was it? Was it near the horizon? If you spread your hand out at arm's length, how many "hands" high was it? How large did it appear to be compared to the Moon? Larger or smaller? How many time larger or smaller? Could you cover it with your thumb? What direction were you driving when it was on your left? What sort of motions did it make that led you to believe that it was intelligently controlled? What airport were you driving past? How long was it between the time you first saw it and the time it "lit up?" What color were the lights? Did they blink? Was there a pattern. How long did you observe the object while driving? How did it go away?

I know that is a lot of questions, but that is the bare minimum of information necessary to start an investigation. Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer them.

When I first saw it, it had to be a few thousand feet up, I'm really not that good at determining height by just looking at things, but that would be my first guess. It was not near the horizon. It may have been one or two hands. It was extremely tiny, maybe a little bigger than the size of one of those big beach balls. So much smaller than the moon. I could cover it with my thumb. I was driving North. It was just turning a lot when it was up in the sky, then it started to fly downwards, then back up, then going down again. I'm really not sure what airport it was, it wasn't a big one. It was about two minutes I was looking at it until it lit up. The colors were blue. They did not blink. There wasn't a pattern. I observed it for maybe about four minutes. I'm not sure how it went away, because I had to drive past it, so I'm not sure how to answer.

I hope these help you.

There is no way to tell how high an object is without knowing its size and several complicated mathematical equations, or having the object on radar. We like to think we can estimate but the sad truth is that we cannot. We can only guess.

But thanks for your post. I always like hearing about sightings. Please write yours down, go to the MUFON website and report it. In fact you may discover that you were not the only person to see it.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
If it was sivllver grey and reflective it's probably an orb possibly from another place.dimension,planet,galaxy who knows the one I saw was higher in the sky it was no ballon.if you see it again get pictures the one I saw in 2005 good luck.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

don't look to others to validate what you saw. keep it for yourself and use it to learn for your self

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join