It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depression can effect a persons sex drive !!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
www.netdoctor.co.uk...

Sex and performance We don't know enough about the chemical changes that occur in the brain during depression and little research has been done on how these changes affect sex. From a clinical point of view, however, it's clear that a depressive illness tends to affect all the bodily systems, dislocating them and often slowing them down. This effect is most marked with regard to sleep, which is invariably disrupted. But there can be adverse effects on any activity that requires verve, spontaneity and good co-ordination – and that includes sex. So, many people who are depressed tend to lose interest in sex. www.netdoctor.co.uk...

www.webmd.com...

Chronic depression affects every part of daily life, including sex. It curbs sex drive, yet sex can boost your mood and is important for relationships. And some depression drugs can curb your libido.

as to what causes the depression it could be that you re with the wrong partner that you really want to be with .
or your unhappy with your life as it currently is and are secretly praying for any kind change ..

anything can cause it .

so make the changes that are needed to make your self happy .. get rid of tthat partner . or job or move whatever it may be .. the answer is always within you..

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

Really ? i've never needed a scientific study to tell me that !!, but at different times, i will say, it can go either way.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Many anti-depressant drugs prescribed by Doctors have this as a side-affect. Google the drugs real name with the words 'side effects' and check. Forums are a good start since they are not controlled by big Pharma.

This sounds to me like an much needed excuse by big pharma to avoid the very real negative affects of their drugs. My advice before you take drugs prescribed by a doctor is to do your homework.

The side affect is an inability to orgasm or to ejaculate and it is very serious. The last thing a depressed person needs is problems in this area to add to their situation.

P

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy

Really ? i've never needed a scientific study to tell me that !!, but at different times, i will say, it can go either way.

regardless i find it interesting. as iv been trying to figure a few things out for my self over this past year ..
but i do agree with you on your assessment as well..

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

thanks for the advice but im not the one suffering from depression, a dear friend of mine is however .. and well im bored too. so here ya go have a new thread to read ..

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
This is true.

I find that you need to just enjoy life's moments. The problem with a poor sex drive, IMO, is when you don't believe in yourself and your ability to make others happy.

When you do believe in yourself you are very aware of other people´s feelings, their emotions in general, and so are more aware of what is pleasing to them.

I think empaths are better lovers for this reason.

When you are doing well mentally, you become a champion in the sack. It becomes about making people happy, rather than pleasing yourself, which is more enjoyable for everyone.

Poor sex drives are a product of many failed attempts at actually enjoying yourself by pleasing others.

When you can focus on the other person's body and mind, you can then commence to rock their worlds, and so be rocked a little yourself....

edit on 30-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: fix, add

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
This is true.

I find that you need to just enjoy life's moments. The problem with a poor sex drive IMO is when you don't believe in yourself and your ability to make others happy.

When you do believe in yourself you are very aware of other people´s feelings, their emotions in general, and so are more aware of what is pleasing to them.

I think empaths are better lovers for this reason.

When you are doing well mentally, you become a champion in the sack. It becomes about making people happy, rather than pleasing yourself, which is more enjoyable for everyone.

Poor sex drives are a product of many failed attempts at actually enjoying yourself.

When you can focus on the other person's body and mind, you can then commence to rock their worlds....

truth be told i am an empath , well im more then that on a psychic level... prob why i never had a complaint in that department ... lol but its true all of it and the drugs are sometimes not the cause for it either .. tho they dont help in the least. i dont think their the cause .. to be honest ...

oh well.. life sucks on many levels its just figureing out what works best for you to keep you happy.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Aye, it can indeed.

Though one or two slices of my favorite aphrodisiac, Bacon can really work wonders.

It's always worked for me, and I invited you all to try

SS

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel
reply to post by pheonix358

thanks for the advice but im not the one suffering from depression, a dear friend of mine is however .. and well im bored too. so here ya go have a new thread to read ..

Then help that dear friend by checking it for them. Or post the drugs name on this thread and I will check for you. No problem at all.

If you can say it is a side affect of the drug they will have that critical understanding. It's not me thank goodness, it's the medication.

P

edit on 30/11/2012 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Well, that's no big surprise.
But once during a stressful time, I started taking anti-depressants, and they made me lose my sex drive even worse, so I stopped taking them immediately.

When you're down, it's better to have a super romantic affectionate partner who can get you in the sac even if you aren't feeling up to it at first.

Whenever I have any sort of ailment, my husbands answer is "I know what you need......."

Funny thing is that he is almost always right! He's convinced me sexual healing is better than any drugs. (and he works for a pharmaceutical lab, so that says something)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
Aye, it can indeed.

Though one or two slices of my favorite aphrodisiac, Bacon can really work wonders.

It's always worked for me, and I invited you all to try

SS

did you say bacon?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
In other news, Twinkies make you fat

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Yeah, my dig was not with you .angel...... merely at the simple layman studies done sometimes that come out from day to day,

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
ummm DUH
who wants to have sex when they don't even want to live?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ArtOfTrance

ummm, DUH, thats what prolly saved me, great sex makes you feel euphoric, a reason to live, a feeling of need, respect and pure awesomeness lol

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

if you could get if up,you probably weren't depressed
just a little sad
not the same
when you hate life,sex isn't going to get you turned on.
nothing does until your pulled out of depression.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I believe that you may be inferring that we are all not individuals. Different strokes for different folks, i agree with you somewhat, but depending on the moment, depends on the outcome, yeah ?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Yeah, depression can cause a lot of side effects; like ceasing to live, the treatments can also cause all the same issues as depression does. It's best to work those things you can't out with a close understanding friend; some of it can be from food allergies; or all the processed foods etc. You rarely meet unhappy veggie, vegan, or natural food dieted people.

I mean look up the side effects of something as simple as food coloring...each one carries horrible side effects. Look at what is in the local water supply, Chlorine, Fluoride trace amounts of 100's of pharma drugs. A lot of times when a person can't pin point why or where the depression is coming from; food is the main culprit.

Another often over looked area of a cause is climate...personally, I belong on Hawaii...I hate all cold weather, my joints hurt, my bones ache, and my muscles spasm. I just want to hibernate; until the upper 60's pop back around. Not a fan of humidity either; yay I just showered and now as soon as I step outside; I am soaked with sweat woo hoo. But...it is better to me than cold; I just feel like if I fell down I'd shatter like a fine China, although I am probably over estimating my value...how about a wine glass on a floor. I do drink it a lot and tend to whine a lot when the climate doesn't play nice. Global warming? Bring it on!!! My smile would be larger than the Jokers 24/7/365. Selfish? Not really I can't control the weather; no back stage pass to HARRP or anything like that.

I don't know everyone seems to have a drug of choice if they have ever done those; most of them are natural so why not just prescribe those; the only time they become unhappy is when they run out anyway...I mean shopping is a drug of choice; how about hiring those people to be product models or demonstraitors...new stuff yay!

It's the simple things I suppose; the depression from emotional scars, and toxic families. Shutting down becomes a coping mechanism is it a good one? In the situation youre trying to avoid? Hell yeah, but you get used to that feeling and can slink back into it easily; the best thing is surround yourself with experience and people you've always loved and enjoyed, to pull yourself out of it, whats the opposite of self loathing? Yep treating yourself and close loved ones like that's all that matters, in the world. Eject the things and people that bring you down in life. It's yours, depressed you may not want it but changing it is just a choice away.

The best people to consult for mental health is really old people that appear happy; if you can make it to 80 and still have something to smile about they know whats up, more than anybody...and sadly most of them sit alone rarely seen by any family; and most of their friends are dying or dead. If you know one, sit and share coffee from time to time and just chat...talk about a change in perception of the world around you...

I guess what I am saying; is depression and other mental issues aren't natural but learned disfunctional coping mechanisms; trying to replace the chemicals, you would naturally get when out there having experiences that release them; is more psychotic than any DSM label ever contrived.

I mean look up what the chemicals are the brain releases during sex...would you rather get them in pill form; with no sensual stimuli causing their release? Um, doubtful...yay pharma; trying to solve problems; that experience and wisdom can cure if given the chance. It's a funeral; why are you smiling? Can't help it Prozac. This just creates a disconnect with appropriate emotions in a given situation; eventually leaving one emotionally flat experiencing everything with the same mood. Woo Woo ima robot sorry I meant beep boop.

Humor works as well

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy

Different strokes for different folks, i agree with you somewhat, but depending on the moment, depends on the outcome, yeah ?

too true
I was only comparing to my experience with depression,it was hellish/nightmarish
and something as simple as sex wouldn't pull me out,trust me,my gf had offered many times to cheer me up

after awhile it was my own thoughts and change of perception that pulled me out.
deep depression SUCKS

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Don't forget what depression really is: anger turned inwards.

True on the bacon. Fats are needed for the production of hormones.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join