It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astounding: Miss America contestant will have both breasts removed, and she doesn't have cancer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This is just a shock at the stupidity of people nowadays. Brainwashed by the medical industry in fear of 'cancer'. Well if you dont want to get sick, maybe shoot yourself and you wont get sick anymore. Its nearly as stupid as removing your breasts not to get cancer. Or taking out your eyeballs so you dont get cataracts. Or cut out your stomach do you dont get ulcers.

People the problem is not the part of your body, its doing its job. But the person is the one screwing it up. Heres some articles that also show some other causes of cancer. And you may be surprised.

www.naturalnews.com...

*warning images of exposed breasts, use at your own risk!*
www.antibra.com...

Mammograms cause cancer
www.naturalnews.com...

Microwaved food can cause cancer
www.naturalnews.com...

Top 5 cancer causing foods
www.naturalnews.com...

Cell phones and cancer (and which sex is the one using the phone the most?.....is the one most in danger)
www.naturalnews.com...

There is alot more out there check out www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com... too.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

My neighbor had complete mastectomys with no cancer. Breast cancer runs rampant in her family. If this is how she finds peace with not having to deal with the prospect of getting breast cancer, I understand.

edit on 11/29/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
lol I don't really see how it would be much worse to remove the breasts after the cancer turns up? Maybe the fear of it spreading? Still seems pretty stupid to me... irrational fear if you ask me. I'd be more scared of having my breasts removed (if I were a women).

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Sometimes it's not discovered until much too late... and it's not funny

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Call it stupid if you want, but I understand it. If breast cancer ran rampant in my family I'd consider it too. I've got a son who needs me and it's more important than my 38DD's.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
if she was donating them to a cancer patient I would say that would be noble of her, I haven't read the article yet but I doubt thats what shes doing.

Can you even transplant breasts?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

My neighbor had complete mastectomys with no cancer. Breast cancer runs rampant in her family. If this is how she finds peace with not having to deal with the prospect of getting breast cancer, I understand.

I understand 100% too. It is something I'd do without hesitation also. My family is riddled with cancer, to where its pretty much a certainty that we will all be a victim to it, I prefer to be proactive, than to be too late. (got small boobs anyways ;p) but really, if that is what helps ease her fear and lower her chances, good for her.

When you watch someone deteriorate within 3 months from healthy to skeletal,then pass away and know if they'd seen to it earlier they would have been fine, it makes you realise pretty much anything is worth sticking around to watch your kids grow up. My aunt and grandfather died of bowl cancer in their 50's, my other aunt beat breast cancer, as well as my grandmother, my other grandmother died of cancer, my grandad possibly has cancer, but he's too unwell with other issues to do more invasive testing. it's one thing to be a hypochondriac, but you can't bury your head in the sand. Only you can decide how you want to tackle it.
edit on 29/11/2012 by bkaust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

No, you can't really transfer adipose tissue like that. Breasts are basically just collections of fat.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Reply to post by LadySkadi

If a man removed his junk to prevent testicular cancer you wouldn't have a chuckle from that?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Reply to post by antonia

Ahh, well then scratch that idea, thanks for the reply. Learn something new every minute here on ATS

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

My uncle had a testicle removed due to cancer also, I don't laugh about his junk in anyway, actually try to NOT think of it :p

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Well technically you can transfer some fat to other areas of the body, but the problem is much of it gets rejected and if it ain't your fat your body is just going to reject it ( and that would be a serious infection).

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I will say I too do not understand fixing something that's not broken. But I will also add I'm not in her position. All though I know it's quiet possible for anyone to develop breast cancer, I do not have to live in constant threat and fear that some may have with close family members.

When I hear of these stories, I do wonder what patents going through this very treatment and having to make hard, life changing decisions think of these women. Fingers crossed all I ever have to do is wonder.
edit on 29-11-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Why don't we all remove our livers, kidneys, testicles, ovaries, breasts, lungs, tongues, eyes, kidneys, prostates, and hearts to prevent cancer. Let's all be torsos and heads only.

Maybe if we eliminate all areas cancer can infect, we can have cancer free lives!

In the meantime, head toward the flashing light, there's salvation in the light, disregard the screams of torture from your fellow citizens, they are screams of freedom!

Just cut your heads off if you agree, it saves a lot of time and thread posts.

edit on 29-11-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This is just self mutilation. If we were to worry about everything thing that might or might not kill us nothing would get done. This chick is a attention seeker, Here look at me am having my breasts removed because I might or might not get cancer.

Get real

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
An estimated 5 percent to 10 percent of all breast cancers are hereditary. Particular mutations in genes associated with breast cancer are more common among certain geographic or ethnic groups, such as people of Ashkenazi (central or eastern European) Jewish heritage and people of Norwegian, Icelandic, or Dutch ancestry. Particular genetic changes occur more frequently in these groups because they have a shared ancestry over many generations.
Eta: Above quote taken from below source.

[url=http://www.ghr.nlm.nih.gov...]

This site has interesting info on the rare but devastating hereditary gene that I would assume would be a reason behind such an extreme decision. Not just the threat of breast cancer alone or the possibility of someday getting it.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by feelingconnected

I'm assuming members of her family have fallen ill with the disease. People stand in judgement because she's a woman and she's removed what many see as a symbol of her femininity. You can live without breasts and if it prolongs her life then so be it. I won't judge her for it, it was her choice and it probably wasn't an easy one.
edit on 29-11-2012 by antonia because: forgot a word

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I was assuming the same thing, I've known a family to all be checked for this gene even the males after a grandmother & mother with breast cancer. I don't know what plan if any if any tested positive to the gene. I also do not know if any did. Very extreme decision that's for sure, not sure one I could make.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I don't see a problem with double Mastectomy.

Consider this: Your family has a strong history for disposition in expressing breast cancer.
Both your grandmothers got it, your mom got it, your most of your aunts on both your mother's and father's sides got it.

Considering that it's almost guaranteed given your family history, would you rather have the surgery done electively while you're healthy before you have any symptoms where you can then go for the reconstructive surgery with similar, or whatever size you want implants ... or, would you rather take the surgery under duress, while sick, where risks associated with such surgery are higher due your failing condition and health?

I, for one, if I were in that position would much rather take elective surgery with reconstruction and implant while healthy.

I don't see a problem with this.
It's barely more significant than simply getting implants period.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join