It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Startling image while Dozing off, what does this mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Lately i have been working on my spiritual self, i have been sensing true progress and i think i am close to enlightenment. So the other night i was in bed and i was falling asleep and i hit this state that i cant describe, it was like the exact state right before you go to bed. Anyway, i have a vision where i was in a garden (first person view) and everything had a bright and pleasant hue and i felt perfect. Immediately i pair of hands came over my face and i woke up. This vision lasted like 1 or 2 seconds. What happened?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Well...when someone says their "close to enlightenment" I have little alarms going off in my head for some reason. I don't mean that in a negative way and not a slam to you, it just doesn't sit well with me. The garden bit is interesting and may mean you're tapping into alternate states of consciousness or ate too much spicy food. I'd really be guessing based on the info in your OP wouldn't I? Good luck with "enlightenment"

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MbretM

You almost found out who you really are.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt
[m Can you Elaborate?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MbretM

Think of what you saw as a feedback loop to the person you really are, in the place you really live.

It's a theory I have about our "reality". If you saw "Avatar" or "The Matrix", it's along those lines without all the fantasy crap.

This is the real deal. We are being prevented from living as our true selves for some reason. Whomever is in charge doesn't like it when we get that close to reality. They shut us down immediately.

I saw the room I was sitting in once. It was pink and peach colored. Then it was as if a hood was pulled over my head.

I don't understand the why, but it drives me nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
reply to post by MbretM

Think of what you saw as a feedback loop to the person you really are, in the place you really live.

It's a theory I have about our "reality". If you saw "Avatar" or "The Matrix", it's along those lines without all the fantasy crap.

This is the real deal. We are being prevented from living as our true selves for some reason. Whomever is in charge doesn't like it when we get that close to reality. They shut us down immediately.

I saw the room I was sitting in once. It was pink and peach colored. Then it was as if a hood was pulled over my head.

I don't understand the why, but it drives me nonetheless.

edit on 29-11-2012 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

Could it not be that we are so entrenched in our present reality that when faced with an overwhelmingly different vision we would recoil as a protective measure? It may not be a power not wanting us to know and hiding the deal but simply a protective measure of the psyche.

edit on 29-11-2012 by minkmouse because: Because look at the mess I got into with my reply!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

I can't speak for the OP, but my experience was so real I felt as if I could have popped right into that "alternate reality".

I don't see it as a psychological phenomenon. I see what happened as a spiritual journey of some kind, and I don't say that lightly. Until very recently I was not a spiritual person.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I can't speak for the OP, but my experience was so real I felt as if I could have popped right into that "alternate reality".

I don't see it as a psychological phenomenon. I see what happened as a spiritual journey of some kind, and I don't say that lightly. Until very recently I was not a spiritual person.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply it was a psychological phenomenon per se. I think many states of awareness are possible but to achieve them one has to let go of the present notions one has of reality if you will. It's sort of like if you put a kitten in a sealed box in your living room, take it on a roller coaster, then open the box on the first hill. The new reality will make the kitten pull back into the box in horror. Do it enough times and the kitten will be pining for the ride just for the fun of it. Not a great analogy but there it is

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I see weird stuff like that all the time when I am just starting to go to sleep. Things that make absolutely no sense. I just figure our brains are getting ready to go into dream-mode, and we all know how weird dreams can be at times.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MbretM

When I read your post, I immediately remembered that a week or so before Thanksgiving, someone grabbed me by the shoulders in a dream where I was in a sunny park listening/watching a band on a stage. I struggled and some people in the crowd came and made a protective circle around me.

I remembered the dream when I first woke up because it felt so real. Then it faded from my mind, as they sometimes do, and I could not recall it just a few hours later. Only the emotions from it.

Weird that your post made it fade back into view. I didn't like that dream at all-- even though the people helped me. I didn't like that someone could sneak up and lay hands on me in my dream, and it feel so real.

Don't want to go to sleep now, LoL...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I heard once, M. C. Escher used to doze in his studio in a wing-back chair. He would loosely hold a small bell in his hand, and he held the bell in such a way, that he would drop it as soon as he drifted off to sleep. The sound would wake him and he would analyze his visuals and start to sketch.

A friend of mine, many years ago had a "Dream Machine". If you don't know what that is, there are threads here about them. My friend said when he used it for daytime naps, he would start to dream and occasionally go lucid. By that he meant he could be aware of himself, sitting on his couch dreaming, and also still have the dream, and control it! He said every time this happened, it always ended with him thinking his wife, or his kids, or someone had entered the room he was sleeping in. Sometimes they would even speak to him or touch him as if to wake him up. He would snap out of it and look around to find an empty room.
edit on 29-11-2012 by tanda7 because: sp

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

reply to post by MbretM

Can't have that now can we?

Oh man...it's a shame to be honest.
The truth is stranger than any fiction.

- Lee

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

reply to post by MbretM

Can't have that now can we?

Oh man...it's a shame to be honest.
The truth is stranger than any fiction.

- Lee

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
You have just seen the world through the eyes of another. You happened to chance upon a very happy person. Embrace it, and remember that the moments before sleep is when you are most open to premonitions. Same goes right after you wake up. I have trained myself to not fall asleep until I am ready and keep getting whatever info I can. In the morning you have less control due to grogginess. But it is also when you get the most complete premonitions. If you concentrate on a specific subject, you may get lucky vs random tidbits. You can find out many wonderful things. But also be prepared to experience bad things such as death. To experience a persons last thoughts and breath is horrifying. Especially when they first realize that they will be dying. Their final moments are more peaceful as they say their goodbyes to the world and accept the inevitable.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Thanks for the reply. I personally think that it was a paranormal force trying to hide my true self. I truely hope that "the hands that blinded me" will soon be lifted.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Dreams are very difficult to interpret, and it is easy and pleasant just to opt for something that appeals to one's ego or vanity. You say you feel you are approaching enlightenment, and in the dream you say you "felt perfect". This is saying quite literally, that you FEEL perfect, that is to say that it is NOT that you ARE perfect, but just that you FEEL perfect.

The truth is that you, we, the human race, are very far from perfect, and you should start from there, start from knowing that you are far from perfect whenever you attempt to interpret a dream. A grasp of reality is essential for dream interpretation.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MbretM

Oh Lordy, you remind me of my ego. Wow, I am embarrassed now.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

It's sort of like if you put a kitten in a sealed box in your living room, take it on a roller coaster, then open the box on the first hill. The new reality will make the kitten pull back into the box in horror. Do it enough times and the kitten will be pining for the ride just for the fun of it.

EPIC explanation

I enjoyed that one.

It is similar to making your way through the rabbit hole and back out the other side. Once on the other side you are relieved (somewhat). You start to get comfortable with the newly discovered "reality".

Then..

The white rabbit shows back up.

Do we journey down the rabbit hole again?

I think we do.

top topics

join