It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allowing deformed babies to die from dehydration, why?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that assisted suicide is legal in Oregon.
Is anyone reading this thread in or from Oregon and can tell us if the hospitals there use Death Pathways for babies born with disabilities and deformities?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Whatsreal

Don't give up hope. My nephew's daughter was born at 6 months gestation. She weighed about 1 pound and fit in the palm of his hand. The docs gave her a 10% chance of making it through the night. He went to say his goodbye and put his hand on her. She grabbed his finger. He stayed with her all night talking to her and letting her hold his finger. By morning the docs gave her 50% chance. She is now about 8 or 9 years old and very healthy.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Right! Let's blame the guy in the White House for practices that have been going on since time began. Would it be more humane to set these infants out in the woods for the wolves to devour, as many cultures have done in the past?

How about you quote my actual statement, instead of misrepresenting it?

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by Afterthought

This would not surprise me. in this country, there are places where a baby born alive, after a "failed" abortion, can be left to die, alone in a room. The guy sitting at 1600 voted in support of that evil behavior, too.

Why? Because they are evil and have no respect for life?

I stated that he VOTED IN SUPPORT of such things, not that he instigated them in the first place.

In the meantime people are actually addressing the problem, without the urgent disgust of your empty vitriol!

perinatalhospice.org...

As prenatal testing becomes increasingly routine, more parents are learning devastating news before their babies are born. In too many places, the ability to diagnose has raced ahead of the ability to care for these families and their babies. But in a beautiful and practical response, 150 pioneering hospitals, hospices, and clinics in the U.S. and around the world are now providing perinatal hospice/palliative care for families who wish to continue their pregnancies with babies who likely will die before or shortly after birth.

A perinatal hospice approach walks with these families on their journey through pregnancy, birth, and death, honoring the baby as well as the baby's family. Perinatal hospice is not a place; it is more a frame of mind. It is a way of caring for the pregnant mother, the baby, the father, and all involved with dignity and love. Even in areas without a formal program, parents can create a loving experience for themselves and their baby, and health professionals and family and friends can offer support in the spirit of hospice

So, some people are trying to help families with unborn babies that have medical issues. That has NOTHING to do with leaving babies to die, alone, or killing them brutally as they are born, etc.

In the meantime, your good ole GOP boys are plotting ways to make sure more sick babies like this will be born, or be aborted late in order to save the mother's life.

tigerbeatdown.com... iagnoses/

Legislating Lies: Kansas and Other States Pass Laws Permitting Doctors to Lie to Pregnant Patients About Prenatal Diagnoses
The ongoing war on reproductive rights in the United States is so sweeping that I’m constantly uncovering a new facet of it, appalling in its grossness and determination to strip pregnant people of all individual freedom and autonomy. Odd, coming from conservatives who claim to want smaller government; evidently tight governmental controls are perfectly acceptable when it comes to people who can get pregnant, who will clearly run into trouble if allowed to make their own medical decisions.

Or, it turns out, receive factually correct information about their diagnoses. In Kansas, there’s a clause buried in an anti-choice bill that would absolve doctors of legal liability if they lie to patients about prenatal diagnoses. That means that an anti-abortion doctor could receive test results and decide not to pass them on, or lie about their nature, which means that pregnant patients might not find out about fetal abnormalities until they become dangerously ill late in pregnancy, or until delivery, when they learn that the baby has significant health problems'

How about a link to the actual law? The supposed clause in question? Unless you can provide those, your pro-abortion story is meaningless.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Right! Let's blame the guy in the White House for practices that have been going on since time began. Would it be more humane to set these infants out in the woods for the wolves to devour, as many cultures have done in the past?

This would not surprise me. in this country, there are places where a baby born alive, after a "failed" abortion, can be left to die, alone in a room. The guy sitting at 1600 voted in support of that evil behavior, too.

I stated that he VOTED IN SUPPORT of such things, not that he instigated them in the first place.

How about if you cite the actual law, that Obama voted for, that allows living babies to left alone to die. Do that, otherwise your opinion is worthless!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

How about if you cite the actual law, that Obama voted for, that allows living babies to left alone to die. Do that, otherwise your opinion is worthless!

He voted against the Born Alive Act in Illinois in 2001, 2002, AND 2003. Look it up. What I stated is factual, whether you like that or not.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

So, why didn't you say that in your first post? Why didn't you cite the law and why you agree with it, and disagree with Obama's decision to vote against it, in the first place. Make your posts count!

Do you see how this law, "The Born Alive Act" adds to the problem of languishing infants that are destined to die?

Do you see how a law that allows pro-life doctors to lie to their pregnant patients, so that they won't abort based on a bad diagnosis, also adds to the problem of languishing infants that are destined to die?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Is it legal to let a 14 year old to water-starve to death?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

So, why didn't you say that in your first post? Why didn't you cite the law and why you agree with it, and disagree with Obama's decision to vote against it, in the first place. Make your posts count!

Do you see how this law, "The Born Alive Act" adds to the problem of languishing infants that are destined to die?

Do you see how a law that allows pro-life doctors to lie to their pregnant patients, so that they won't abort based on a bad diagnosis, also adds to the problem of languishing infants that are destined to die?

I am still waiting on you to post that law. Make the post count!

No, not leaving a child to die does not add to a problem. That law would protect lives. One person should never get to decide if another has a right to live.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Hmm, I wonder how many people really understand exactly what socialized medicine is all about. Let me guess it has nothing to do with it.

Just like granny who will not get a new knee when you put the government in control it is a bad idea. Government officials will decide your care and guess what they will decide your kids care also. How stupid can ya be.........
edit on 5-12-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

This thread isn't about that. It's about babies, and others, who are dying. What is the best way to care for babies, and others, that are dying?

I think euthanasia is the most humane way to go. Apparently, you don't.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
i just checked back on this thread..so far i havent found anything related to the op that babies are starved to harvest organs..any info cut and pasted related to harvesting organs from LIVE donors as it the organs are damaged by the time natural death has occured..im not saying its natural to starve a baby ..its pretty sick/scary
and my heart goes out to all the poster who shared

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I already posted the law he voted AGAINST, that would have prevented babies being left to die in that fashion. As I stated, he was in support of leaving them to die. Pay attention.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

This thread isn't about that. It's about babies, and others, who are dying. What is the best way to care for babies, and others, that are dying?

I think euthanasia is the most humane way to go. Apparently, you don't.

This thread is about an appalling lack of respect for human life. No, killing people that are sick isn't humane. It's uncaring and selfish. Humane is to make them as comfortable as possible, and do what we can for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join