It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harmonic Resonance - Paranormal Events

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
First off, I want to say that I prefer the idea of a "hole" in space time that allows us to communicate with people in the past on a sub-conscious level instead of communicating with actual spirits of dead people. Taking that in mind, it appears that there is some correlation with a paranormal event and EMF. While every person has a magnetic field around them, I thought that maybe it was possible that a resonance between environmental EMF and personal EMF may be a trigger for some of these events. Therefore I postulate that if we find the frequency of environmental EMF and the frequency of the personal Magnetic Field around a person that we may find a correlation between individuals and paranormal events thus allowing us to possibly get closer to duplicating results. So then I invite people to respond with both ideas on how to test this theory as well as general discussion along those lines.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Look and see. Listen and hear.

What you postulate is not new and in fact stares you in the face. The human system of sense has been broken.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Myth024

quantum entanglement could play a good part in this as well.
i've been watching a show 'Fringe' where they explore this concept via alternate realities - multiverses.. and tech that makes it able to transverse / communicate between them...

what if someone hadn't died in a parallel universe... and you communicate with them ... could be synonymous but not exactly with 'speaking with the dead'

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I truly believe science holds the key to explaining the paranormal. Your idea is an intriguing theory, it does seem that the "spirits" are able to increase the EM fields when they interact with our dimension, for a lack of better wording.

I too feel the paranormal may be time slips or inter-dimensional glimpses. Hopefully new tech is being researched more into this.

S & F friend.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Join the ATS LIVE crew for a jam packed episode discussing the hot topics of today, including this threads topic which will be on this weeks Turbo Topics segment of the ATSLive radio program

LOW BANDWIDTH STREAM NOW AVAILABLE - We now run a 32kbps stream for those of you with slower connections. You can connect to the low bandwidth stream by clicking here.

www.shoutcast.com...

We are still running at 256kbps through the ATS Player, and there are also options to listen via other players on our relay site at www.illustrial.net...

Hope you'll listen in!
Johnny

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myth024
Taking that in mind, it appears that there is some correlation with a paranormal event and EMF. While every person has a magnetic field around them, I thought that maybe it was possible that a resonance between environmental EMF and personal EMF may be a trigger for some of these events.

I think your onto something.

I have a long runny thread on just this topic:

If you broadcast EM waves into the brain you can induce alien/angel/God/Devil/ghost visitations:

Some research has suggested certain frequencies might even be the explanation for ghosts:

Suggested relationship to ghost sightings
Research by Vic Tandy, a lecturer at Coventry University, suggested that an infrasonic signal of 19 Hz might be responsible for some ghost sightings. Tandy was working late one night alone in a supposedly haunted laboratory at Warwick, when he felt very anxious and could detect a grey blob out of the corner of his eye. When Tandy turned to face the grey blob, there was nothing.
The following day, Tandy was working on his fencing foil, with the handle held in a vise. Although there was nothing touching it, the blade started to vibrate wildly. Further investigation led Tandy to discover that the extractor fan in the lab was emitting a frequency of 18.98 Hz, very close to the resonant frequency of the eye given as 18 Hz by NASA.[32] This was why Tandy had seen a ghostly figure—it was an optical illusion caused by his eyeballs resonating. The room was exactly half a wavelength in length, and the desk was in the centre, thus causing a standing wave which caused the vibration of the foil.[33]
Tandy investigated this phenomenon further and wrote a paper entitled The Ghost in the Machine.[34] Tandy carried out a number of investigations at various sites believed to be haunted, including the basement of the Tourist Information Bureau next to Coventry Cathedral[35][36] and Edinburgh Castle.[37][38]

Infrasound

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

I was actually thinking that the EM field is an independent event that is the result of a change in the space/time of a localized area and that it's that change that allows the communication to occur instead of the result of an "entity" attempting to communicate.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

I have heard of a theory similar to this where a small electrical voltage is applied to the temples and the people reported seeing "alien grays". It's also been shown in recent years that high EMF from malfunctioning fans or other appliances can cause feelings of being watched, uneasiness as well as making people physically ill. As a side note, I had also wondered if paranormal events are more likely to happen in older houses with plaster walls. Many plaster walls have a mesh of chicken wire embedded in them to hold the plaster and I wonder if they may increase harmonic resonance with EM fields.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I agree with you. What I like to do is identify the things that are relatively certain about ghosts, and work backwards, attempting to find a theory in which all of these things are explained. For instance, after much research, I have come to believe that there is sufficient eyewitness testimony, often involving a group of people, to conclude that a hefty percentage of hauntings are caused by the spirits of a person or people who actually used to be alive, but have since died. A percentage of them did die tragically, although not all.

It seems that some had a very strong connection to something on earth that somehow caused them to stay, or allowed them to stay. This is just an example of identifying certain occurrences. It seems there is some correlation to spirit activity and water, and also the ionization/charge of the air itself. Activity is claimed to increase when a thunderstorm or lightning storm is near or in progress. So there is definitely something going on with electromagnetic radiation, or EMF.

There is a small bit of evidence to suggest that standing sound waves can cause visual hallucinations and other phenomena, but the sound waves are not audible to humans. The problem I have with anything involving hallucinations is that there are too many hauntings that are experienced by multiple people, and that are actually connected to a deceased person. If these events were just imagined or hallucinated, this consistency would not occur.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Harmonic responance can be a tricky subject for audio fans learning physics and molecular expansion and contraction types and amounts, sometimes I still hear the keyboard..

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Please note that I do have a legitimate mental illness, which I will admit upfront, but I do notice these sorts of things.

I often sense what I call "presences" which have different sorts of "frequencies" associated with them that I can detect in the sheer silence. There's at least two different ones that have very drastic different frequencies. One with a "low," or "heavy" hum to it, which is the "bad" one, and one that has a "light" kinda ringing almost machine-like quality to it. Other things do happen around me when I hear these differing frequencies, which is why I tie them to "presences."

I think if I listened carefully enough I might be able to "hear" other people's frequencies too. I know it sounds nuts, and quite frankly, I do have a disorder and all. I just like to think about the possibilities as a lot of strange sort of things happen and rather than just dismissing it as "I'm just crazy," I like to wonder if there's any truth to it.

Hopefully if there is, someday I will find some evidence.

top topics

join