It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New science upsets calculations on sea level rise, climate change

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I have a question, why is there a debate about the evolution of our planet's climate? It has done so since its "birth". Warm periods. Cold periods. Moderate periods. Why is this a debate?

As for polluting the only home we have in the 'Verse? Why are we still using pre 18th century means to power the world when we are in the 21st century? Why do we still pump goo & gas, dig rocks from the ground to burn to create power? Why are we allowing such things to be done, crapping the sheets of our bed?

Beyond entrenched monopolies not wanting to lose their profit cows I mean?

Look what's been done to the Niger Delta. Look @ what was done the the Gulf of Mexico.

We need to do better. Pigs in a sty, that's what our existence will be like if we don't do better.

Derek

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viesczy
As for polluting the only home we have in the 'Verse? Why are we still using pre 18th century means to power the world when we are in the 21st century? Why do we still pump goo & gas, dig rocks from the ground to burn to create power? Why are we allowing such things to be done, crapping the sheets of our bed?

Beyond entrenched monopolies not wanting to lose their profit cows I mean?

Because it is easy, cheap, and readily available for you and me & we don't like the inconvenience, cost and/or other downsides (nuclear fright factor) of eth alternatives.

<< 1  2   >>

join