It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alkalosis to combat cancer--scientific research included

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I've done a search on this, but I couldn't find any thread on this particular subject.

So, I've heard a lot of how people are eating baking soda as a cancer cure. That got me to searching the interwebs for alkalinity and cancer treatments.

That's when I found a NIH study from 11 years. The study, which is thick with scientific jargon, suggests that a tumor that is attacked with NaHCO3 (sodium bicarbonate) and then followed up with a basic (ph) cancer drug, the tumor growth was suppressed in mice significantly longer.

Link: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Here were my search terms on Google: experimental cancer treatments alkalosis

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jawnaw2000

There are studies out there that suggest that if we keep our bodies alkaline, no cancer can develop. Apparently even virus' can not survive in an alkaline body. The problem is most, not all, most of the food that is affordable to those who are on a budget makes your body acidic.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Yeah I've read up on this.
Basically if you live on a cave man diet cancers go away.

And there may be some truth to that.

Some people that live in the Mediterranean. Live very long with little disease.
I read an article about one guy with cancer who went to basically die at his parents house on some small island around greece. After living there, exercising, eating goat milk & cheeses, drinking lots of wine and other natural island foods. all cancer was gone.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R

There are studies out there that suggest that if we keep our bodies alkaline, no cancer can develop. Apparently even virus' can not survive in an alkaline body. The problem is most, not all, most of the food that is affordable to those who are on a budget makes your body acidic.

Nice, I want to know what you know o_o

Ya feel like posting a link?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

An alkaline body allows the oxygen in you body to be spread more efficiently. Apparently cancer hates oxygen.

here's a quick link to Acidifying and Alkalining foods
Info on Acid Alkaline Balance
Alkaline Diet
Info on baking soda
Dr. Burzynski

edit on 29-11-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Damn, 1 hour and 48 minutes. I skipped around a bit and ended up watching about 45 minutes. The message of that video: 'f*ck chemo'

Ok in a nutshell: FDA is part of the government. FDA says chemo is good. It's proven to be bad for you. As humans, where do we go from here? I mean, if our government 'controls' us, what can we do?

You got the 1% and the 99% of us right? Obviously, 99% are sheep. Right?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R

It's not so much a study as basic human physiology.
Cancer, viruses and bacteria can't develop or flourish in an alkaline body.
The bad thing is though, neither can your "normal" cells. I.e. you'll die if you're body is too alkaline.
Or too acidic for that matter.

If your blood and therefore your body's pH range goes above 7.5 or below 7.3 you will be ill.
Further out than that only by a fraction and you will be critically ill.
Still further (albeit still only a fraction) and you will die unless you receive very urgent medical intervention.

The acid/alkali cancer hypothesis falls flat on its face because of what is called homeostasis.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Pardon?

What about the dude in this link going to 8.0+

phkillscancer.com...

I realize what your saying is generally, always true......However, these stories; and this is not the only one, surly makes a chap or chapette scratch their head in wonder.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey
reply to post by Pardon?

What about the dude in this link going to 8.0+

phkillscancer.com...

I realize what your saying is generally, always true......However, these stories; and this is not the only one, surly makes a chap or chapette scratch their head in wonder.

I can't see where he says his blood or tissue pH was above 8.0 so I can only guess it was probably his urine.
If so, pH measured from this have no bearing on the body's pH levels at all.
After all, urine is waste material. It's what the body flushes out as it cannot use it.

If his body pH was above 8.0 he would be dead, end of. In fact he's be dead before it went that high.
The highest I've ever seen was on an intensive-care unit post op and the patient's pH was 7.85. I don't believe that patient recovered as there was too much damage done on a cellular level.

Eating foods cannot alter your body's pH, it's impossible.
From a physiological viewpoint you can consider your alimentary canal to be effectively "outside" of your body. It's main purpose is to prepare food and drink to be swallowed then broken down into compounds which are then absorbed through to the bloodstream to be used and processed. The alimentary canal also acts as a screen to separate what we can or can't use.
Anything acidic or alkaline gets neutralised as best as possible mainly in the stomach and what's left gets expelled. Your body likes a neutral pH. It needs a neutral pH to function.
Your urine can reflect the pH of what you've ingested, in fact your urine pH varies quite markedly over the course of a day. But like I said this is what your body is expelling because it can't use it.

edit on 7/12/12 by Pardon? because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

join