It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was next to the Moon Lastnight?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I was driving to get a sandwich for my pregnant wife (Albany, NY area) and the moon was huge and bring. I noticed, looking at it, off to the left about an inch or two (if i was to measure it with my fingers held in front of my face, who knows how far that really is, was a very bright star or satellite, but it was "odd". I had to pull over to take a good look to see if it moved to be honest, it freaked me out as a moon lover I never noticed it before. It might have been just weird looking because the soon was SO BIG AND BRIGHT. Really awesome to look at.

Anyone know what that was? Anyone notice it too? I'm guessing it was just a star i never noticed, it was so strange i had to stop trying to look while i was driving to keep from swerving on the road. Imagine explaining that one to the cops. "Sir do you know why I pulled you over" "Yeah, i was driving and looking at the moon!" "Sir, can you step out of the vehicle."

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I saw it too, but I have no idea what star or planet it was

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It was Jupiter.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

I believe it was Jupiter, was a great sight last night, very clear

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I noticed it too and im in the UK. The moon has been big and very bright the last 2 nights. Even as the moon movies over the sky "jupiter" never moves from its position.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Its Jupiter's time..to dance with the moon now....

Should i risk taking my telescope in this weather.. /sigh...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Simple, I saw it too.

Believe it or not....

Scratch that...

Jupiter or Venus.

edit on 29-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I saw it last night too. I live in San Luis Obispo, Ca and the sky cleared up for a bit from the rain last night, and thats the only thing i saw. It was brilliant too.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
yes, jupiter. looked very cool but my phone camera failed miserably at capturing the scene

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
What you saw was Nibiru my friend. The end is near!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

I believe it was Jupiter. noticed it last night and my new age hippie friends told me it was Jupiter

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

courtesy of stellarium.org...

Jupiter in Taurus with the full moon...beautiful sight.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
You might have seen Aldebaran. The position to the moon and Jupiter changed depending on the time. Aldebaran was the orange/red blinking star. It is a red giant star known as the "eye of Taurus".

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

Jupiter. It was to the upper left of the moon. about two inches to the lower right, if you looked really closely, Mars was barely visible as well. I know, it was really cool. We were out staring at it for a while.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
or what it a unknows planet
?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Jupiter! Oh somebody beat me to it

I was relaxing on the patio during my 'wine time' last night and saw that. I no longer own a telescope so I quickly downloaded some other star tracking app.

The thin clouds were low and moving fast, the breeze was strong, the moon was bright, and the other stars are around it were beautiful. Made for a lovely evening.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Last night it was indeed a really nice clear nights sky, last night at 11 PM I could see the Moon, to it's left was Jupiter really bright, but closer to the moon at 11 PM Hubble Telescope was there really easy to see, and it had a flicker to it too, really was the first time I have seen it myself.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Definitely, without a doubt, Jupiter.

Next subject?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Drops of Jupiter...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If it was directly above or below, depending on what hemisphere...it was Jupiter...Aldebaran is going to be off to the side at a distance 5 times greater than Jupiter. You would see both if conditions are right.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join