It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN votes today on Palestinian bid for state recognition

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Oh, wow...It passed: 138-9

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Here is the breakdown:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

Ahead of the vote, Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch filed an amendment to a defense bill that would eliminate funding for the United Nations if the General Assembly changes Palestine's status. "Increasing the Palestinians' role in the United Nations is absolutely the wrong approach, especially in light of recent military developments in the Middle East," he said in a statement. "Israel is one of America's closest allies, and any movement to strengthen one of its fiercest enemies must not be tolerated." Khalil Ebed Allah, 57, who lives in the Aida refugee camp in Bethlehem, worries that Israel, which gives the Palestinian Authority a percentage of taxes Palestinian workers pay to Israel, will keep its promise to withhold their money if the United Nations upgrades the Palestinians' status.

so does this mean that the united states is now going to add sanctions to Palestine as well as "eliminating" funding to the united nations now? if so this seems that it will cause them more grief then good at-least in the short term

weaselzippers.us... i THINK this is the bill in question that evidently passed last year?
edit on 29-11-2012 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas
www.usatoday.com...

Ahead of the vote, Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch filed an amendment to a defense bill that would eliminate funding for the United Nations if the General Assembly changes Palestine's status. "Increasing the Palestinians' role in the United Nations is absolutely the wrong approach, especially in light of recent military developments in the Middle East," he said in a statement. "Israel is one of America's closest allies, and any movement to strengthen one of its fiercest enemies must not be tolerated." Khalil Ebed Allah, 57, who lives in the Aida refugee camp in Bethlehem, worries that Israel, which gives the Palestinian Authority a percentage of taxes Palestinian workers pay to Israel, will keep its promise to withhold their money if the United Nations upgrades the Palestinians' status.

THAT is so messed up man. the US doesn't want Palestine to have any semblance of democracy or freedom so it can justify it's hate partnership with Israel.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If anyone missed the live feed you can view it at the following link. It auto plays the vote and to the right you have the option to scroll down through a list of speeches. I find the Israeli and Canadian ones difficult to watch for obvious reasons, if you watch them you will see what I mean. Abbas spoke well in my opinion and so did a few other delegations but I'm not sure if all vids are available but most of the important ones are.

webtv.un.org...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Ah,another domestic defeat for Netanyahu this is not gonna look good for his reelection campaign in Israel.All the PM's have always vowed to fight this but it has finally happened.There will be a 2 sate solution one way or another it seems.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join