It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD officer giving winter boots to barefoot homeless man Read more:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Is it really important to be concerned with the hows ands whys of a pair of boots making their way onto the bare feet of a homeless person - by a police officer?

If it is a stunt - then all I can say to the nasty hardened hearts commenting within this thread - who cares!!!!! A person with no shoes in freezing cold weather now has shoes and socks from what I can see.

If this is a stunt then bring it on - let's have heaps of these becoming viral on a daily basis. We have reached a point in time where it doesn't matter any more about the politics of kindness - as long as we still have some - kindness that is - let's just be happy for the homeless man. All we need now is to let all the homeless people live in all the empty houses - oh but that might be a stunt - who cares!!!!

Much Peace... to all the homeless and those who are in need while many of us have more than is necessary...

CX

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187

but how is this propaganda and staged just because the homeless man was sitting outside a shoestore?

I think curious and skeptical minds are groomed on ATS, hand reared from the birth of our introduction post. You find me any other subject here that had two, as some would call it, "dubious aspects to it", ie; The guy with no shoes sat outside the right shop to be outside, and someone from the sheriffs office taking the photo.....and you can guarantee these would raise questions.

Any other subject.

Again, i'm not doubting the act. Cops do things like this more than is publicized, i'm just saying this is a site where you will have differing curious minds.

I'd love to see.....and i'm not talking at you directly joyride.....more acceptance of differing opinions on ATS.

People throw their teddys out of the pram for the slightest thing lately.

CX.

CX

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Or failing that.....if you don't want skeptical minds answering......don't stick it in the sections of the forum where the rest of the conspiracies are discussed....maybe in People down in BTS?

CX.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Touche...You got me on that one. I seemed to forget that this is a conspiracy message board. It is just amazes me that many people think this is automatically a PR incident to make the cops look good without posting any evidence. There used to be a time when stuff like this was not news. No where near enough people doing things like this. What a world we live in.
edit on 29-11-2012 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2012 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

Yeah i know what you mean.

It's all good though, one thread or a different opinion won't spoil my day, and shouldn't anyone elses. We come here day in day out, we are aquaintances, friends, adversaries, but we spend time with each other. It's like a dysfunctional family at times, but you love em.

If a few words affects people too much, it's time to step away for a while.

However.....i love you all in your own special ways.

Have a good night.

CX.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I know it does, this world is litterally falling apart due to a lack of caring.

I thought the story behind it all was heartwarming and seasonally appropriate. Something just didn't seem quite "right" though.

I hate how cynical I have become, and I'm not even 30.

CX

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

I hate how cynical I have become, and I'm not even 30.

I wouldn't beat yourself up over it, everyone here is cynical at times.

When it suits.

CX.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This happens more than most people realize, unfortunately the press will not print or air it, and chose to expound on only the bad stories to gain better ratings.

Before I retired, I did this every year, I would hand out coats and blankets to the homeless, shoes that I've collected all year, and teddy bears for the children.

I headed up the gift drive and would travel neighborhoods of the less fortunate, passing out gifts to the kids from horseback. ( mounted unit).
It was unbelievably rewarding.
Now I volunteer to build homes for the homeless in spare time. I wish we had more volunteers, it's sad how few we do have.
edit on 29-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Cops are people just like all of us. Some have a heart, some don't. Seems as if this one is one of the good ones. I lived in NY for about 6 years. You see the homeless everywhere, and most simply glide right on by. I would like to buy that cop a coffee and a danish. Was going for the doughnut joke, but just could'nt do it.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Although this gentleman is dressed in a police uniform, I see this as a good person doing a good deed. Although I tend to be on the more anti-law enforcement boat, people seem to separate cops into another group of humanity all the time and this time I don't see it that way.

This is a worthy act of humanity for ANY person, not just a LEO. I'm just posting this to say that it should touch you no matter who is doing the giving. Its not a special case because its a cop. This is beautiful. That is all.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This is great.

"Here look, a Police Officer giving some poor man some boots! Awwwwww"

What a huge load of crap.

At least the police officers give you some clothes before they beat the living crap out of you and kill you.

Wake up from your law enforcement fantasy already.

Look at the comments section. Notice how many people are cheering on the police. This behavior towards police brutality is just plain weird! People supporting authority and police brutality? What the hell is happening? Looks like social and chemical engineering is working. It seems like the people of the US are becoming more obedient, more docile and apathetic.

This is the perfect Empire. An obedient, docile and apathetic population that will blindly follow until they finally receive the hard awakening.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Not to mention the picture didn't come from someone's facebook and then went viral. It was sent to a p.r. page created specifically for this kind of thing. So someone on vacation there is out walking the street in the freezing cold, caught this moment and researched the perfect place to send it to rather than just posting it to facebook.

Again.. sorry, maybe it's real, but I can't believe it. Especially of the NYPD (they shadiest police force since LA in the 90's).

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph
This happens more than most people realize, unfortunately the press will not print or air it, and chose to expound on only the bad stories to gain better ratings.

Before I retired, I did this every year, I would hand out coats and blankets to the homeless, shoes that I've collected all year, and teddy bears for the children.

I headed up the gift drive and would travel neighborhoods of the less fortunate, passing out gifts to the kids from horseback. ( mounted unit).
It was unbelievably rewarding.
Now I volunteer to build homes for the homeless in spare time. I wish we had more volunteers, it's sad how few we do have.
edit on 29-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

It is sad. And what's worse is that in this society, if a person does help volunteer for things like this that police departments sponsor, they're labeled as sympathizers for all you "jack-booted thugs."

It's just another case in point in how gullible and impressionable people are to the things the media shows us, and how quickly we're apt to jump on the bandwagon that has the most riders. In this case, the bandwagon of cop-haters.

I'll bet anyone any amount of money that the good officers outnumber the bad one's ten to one, but since the bad one's get the most press ( If it bleeds it leads), the gullible public will believe there are more bad then good. Based solely on what they see in the press and on You Tube.

God forbid they step outside and take a look at how the real world operates and form their own un-biased view on things.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
if it was so heart warming and not a stunt it would just be a man gives homeless man free boots. but instead its"NYPD officer giving winter boots to barefoot homeless man " from a random tourist. what? this person who just gave you an ultimate heart throbe winning shot of good guy cop doesnt get a mention, usually when a person doesnt want to be mentioned, it says name with held.

"A tourist from Arizona captured a heartwarming photo of Lawrence Deprimo kneeling down to give a barefoot homeless man a pair of winter boots on a cold night on November 14."

oh but wait if you dig a litter deeper

"Jennifer Foster of Florence, AZ was visiting Times Square with her husband Nov. 14 when they saw a shoeless man asking for change. She writes, “Right when I was about to approach, one of your officers came up behind him. The officer said, ‘I have these size 12 boots for you, they are all-weather. Let’s put them on and take care of you.’ The officer squatted down on the ground and proceeded to put
socks and the new boots on this man. The officer expected NOTHING in return and did not know I was watching*. I have been in law enforcement for 17 years. I was never so impressed in my life. I did not get the officer’s name. It is important, I think, for all of us to remember the real reason we are in this line of work. The reminder this officer gave to our profession in his presentation of human kindness has not been lost on myself or any of the Arizona law enforcement officials with whom this story has been shared.”
Our thanks to the Fosters for their attention and appreciation, and especially to this officer, who remains anonymous. "

wow law enforcement for 17 years........ kaka what a crap story.

im glad the guy got some nice shoes out if though. ^^ and really , if you are giving anything to a homeless person are you really expecting something in return other than maybe some weird disease? j/k

pro sport players do nice things to. usually after they get caught beating their wives or children, using drugs, gambling illegally, caught saying racist comments. lol

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You don't see many good public relation articles by any police department these days in any country. This brings warmth to my eyes to see such an act of good deed. God bless THAT police officer.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
What's truly sad is that the actual brainwashed masses who hate law enforcement of any kind, find it impossible that ONE COP.. just one guy out of the some 800k to 1 million law enforcement officers in the U.S., could do a good deed. Pathetic.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
What's truly sad is that the actual brainwashed masses who hate law enforcement of any kind, find it impossible that ONE COP.. just one guy out of the some 800k to 1 million law enforcement officers in the U.S., could do a good deed. Pathetic.

Someone needed to say it. People are so filled with hate and fear they can not even see the good things anymore.

Ya gotta love irony the very thing these posters hate about the police, they have become themselves. They are filled to the very top with hate.

The truth is the police are just like everybody else and the ranks are filled with good and bad people. They have a very tough job and a thankless one at that. I have had to deal with the police many times and I have never been beaten up. They were very professional every time I have dealt with them.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Many on ATS: "Look a bad cop doing something wrong, proof all cops are bad."
A critical thinker: "No this is proof that there are bad people in every line of work."

Many on ATS: "Look a good cop doing something good, proof this is staged to make cops look better."
A critical thinker: "It is not worth it replying to you, you are a bias troll."

I read about this earlier today on reddit. I found it to be a very heart warming story. Like another poster I am reminded that I need to step up more often than I do.

Raist

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I'm glad the man got a pair of boots, don't care who gave them to him. His feet had to be freezing and i can't imagine what he lives through everyday.

The only thing is, if he lived here. The cop would have arrested him for loitering in front of the shoe store.

Strict
edit on 30-11-2012 by Strictsum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

It's OK, go volunteer somewhere. There are always places like soup kitchens in dire need of help. That is what I do now that I don't have any money to donate to my favorite charities. Donate time instead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join