It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese man blows life savings on ark to escape Apocalypse

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by superman2012

I sure hope he tests that out, because I'm pretty sure its top heavy.
That sucker is going to go right over then straight to the bottom.

Not if he puts me in the bottom.

My Chinese nickname is Hung Low...but, yeah, my gut does add some extra weight too.

Great!! Ballast and a rudder! We are set!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Oh boy! I am LMAO now that I've seen the pics of this guy's ark. He must think he's the Chinese Mark Twain. That thing looks like it drifted over to China after getting washed away from a steamboat museum during hurricane Katrina.

Whatever floats your boat I guess

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I'm very interested in how people around the world view the 2012 mythology...

In China, it is easy for false information to spread very quickly. For example, an Obama impressionist released a mock video doing the gangnam style dance, and not long after there had to be an official news release because so many started praising the real Obama for making the video.

edit on 11/29/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

After weeks of reviewing the data I'm going to have to agree with Defcon on this one

Explanation? I haven't heard anything about this.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
OK here is a friend of mine with an early prototype of my doomsday ark design.

I know it needs some work
edit on 29-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

BYOB of course.

Bring Your Own Boat?

I guess no one translated Genesis 9:12-16 for him?

12 And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Impressive slayer, very impressive planning without planning, building without buiding

I want a ticket on your boat.

SS
edit on 123030p://am3050 by Spike Spiegle because: (no reason given)

edit on 123030p://am3005 by Spike Spiegle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Bad investement

look at this guy below .. he made an island by recycling water bottles

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle

Impressive slayer,

What

I'll have you know we've made some impressive progress from our original Y2K Doomsday ark

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

That's quite the prototype

Does it run on dreams or rainbows?

SS

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
lol Noah Chang.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

That is incorrect.
There are prophecies that are contained the in the various Codices that do appear to predict the “end of this world”.

Could very well be misinterpretation from westerners Like I said the Mayans claim this isn't the case . It is when our solar system crosses the galactic plane . Also this is when we enter the age of Aquarius . The end of one age into another .

Most probable IMHO is the pole will shift as we change sides , Kind of how like water flushes the opposite direction from southern to northern hemispheres .

Now if possible if flipping magnetic poles could potentially generate an EMP burst and take down all our computers and electricity ect.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle

Impressive slayer,

What

I'll have you know we've made some impressive progress from our original Y2K Doomsday ark

Beer cooler under the cushions.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Impressive but...

Ours was tested for sea worthiness at one of the finest naval test facilities available in Arkansas

ebenezer.files.wordpress.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Odd my post seems to have gone into limbo...
Anyway...

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by defcon5

You have some links for me to read? As funny as some of this 2012 stuff is, I do enjoy me some doom.

Dresden Codex
The Dresden Codex contains astronomical tables of outstanding accuracy. It is most famous for its Lunar Series and Venus table.[2] The lunar series has intervals correlating with eclipses. The Venus Table correlates with the apparent movements of the planet. The codex also contains almanacs, astronomical and astrological tables, and ritual schedules.

Archaeology: Apocalypse Soon?
But a menacing scene does appear on the last page of the Dresden Codex, a Maya bark-paper book from the 14th century A.D., depicting destruction by flood. A sky caiman vomits water, which gushes from "sun" and "moon" glyphs attached to the beast's segmented body. Still more water pours out of a vessel held by an old-woman deity, who is suspended in the middle of the frame. And at the bottom, a male deity wields arrows and a spear. Verses from early colonial texts back up the flood story of creation. Curiously, contemporary prophets of doom haven't seized on the flood myth as a mode of destruction, though moviemakers certainly have. Among the vivid special effects in 2012 are tsunamis engulfing the Himalayas and tossing an aircraft carrier into the White House!

Paris Codex
The Paris Codex (also or formerly the Codex Peresianus) contains prophecies for tuns and katuns (see Maya Calendar), as well as a Maya zodiac, and is thus, in both respects, akin to the Books of Chilam Balam. The codex first appeared in 1832 as an acquisition of France's Bibliothèque Impériale (later the Bibliothèque Nationale, or National Library) in Paris. Three years later the first reproduction drawing of it was prepared for Lord Kingsborough, by his Lombardian artist Agostino Aglio. The original drawing is now lost, but a copy survives among some of Kingsborough's unpublished proof sheets, held in collection at the Newberry Library, Chicago.[5]

Madrid Codex
The Madrid Codex is the longest of the surviving Maya codices.[3] The content of the Madrid Codex mainly consists of almanacs and horoscopes that were used to help Maya priests in the performance of their ceremonies and divinatory rituals.

You might also find the prophecies of various American Indians also interesting, and pointing to this period as being the “End of the World”. Many of them claim a common ancestry to the South American Indians, and there are numerous similarities between the groups in areas such as religious practices. As you most likely already know about the Hopi's, look into some of the others. For example the creeks, who believed that the death of the everglades was the start of the “end times”:

Keeping the Old ways
We were told before Breathmaker returns we will see signs
like people changing to be disrespectful and people doing many
wrong things. You will probably see more hurricanes, tornadoes,
and earthquakes. You will probably see something you’ve never seen
before on this earth because earth is getting hotter. You’ve never seen
certain types of snakes around here before; they will probably be
here. So many things will change, you see. We must keep that and
believe that. So that’s what our people know and always believe—
something’s going to happen someday soon, and they want to make
sure we won’t be something different.

edit on 11/29/2012 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

reply to post by The GUT

Impressive but...

Ours was tested for sea worthiness at one of the finest naval test facilities available in Arkansas

ebenezer.files.wordpress.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

If that's green tea, Great Uncle Lu would approve.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Great Uncle Lu would approve.

Shhhhh...
Speak his name only in whispers.

Defcon just got informative about the story

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

He probably will be the one legendary man to survive.

In all reality the world will never end, besides when you die.

I also don't believe there is going to be a global event anytime soon

Im open to new information though.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

"I took my life savings and invested in the construction of this boat. When the time comes everyone can take refuge in it,” he told the Chinese News Service.

Oh my lord... he just told all of China that. Hope it's a big ole Ark!!!

edit on 11/29/2012 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
Like I said the Mayans claim this isn't the case .

"The Mayans" don't speak as a collective. Many different groups of Mayans and Mayan individuals have many different takes on what they think the prophecy means. This is well documented

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join