It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man caught on video making fun of girl with cerebral palsy sentenced to jail

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I'm glad he's in jail. May this case be a good example to those who lack empathy towards those with disabilities.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
...the guy's an idiot, but there is no real crime here. It is scary if you can be put in jail for this.

Take the girl out of the equation, what if it was just a father and son goofing around in that manner? Obviously the guy was in the wrong, but assholes exist and have their right to exist, this info getting out and societies reaction to him, everyone that sees it and then treats him accordingly, THAT is what the punishment is supposed to be. Not jail.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
very distasteful actions

Im sure he'd get his without jail

but hearing the ignorance thrive on this thread makes me sick

Lets fill our overcrowded jails with even more people cause they hurt someones feelings. I hope all of you that like this kind of story get exactly what you deserve.

This is obviously a ploy to work away at even more of our rights and you sit here and applaud the actions.

this is heading down a dangerous street and it will be gradual from here on out

the little girl needs to learn that there are callous retards in the world and learn to ignore the fools

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
Good.

Then we can all make fun of the way he walks when he gets out of jail...

Fudge packin' jokes are always funny of course. But it hardly seems fair sending him to jail when Justin Beiber has been caught on video repeatedly and he is still at large.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Exactly! My thoughts, too. ...yes, I did remember that quote, too

defcon did a great job with the legalities.

This is not Rush Limbaugh making fun of Michael J Fox, as distasteful as that was.
edit on 29-11-2012 by desert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
Good.

Then we can all make fun of the way he walks when he gets out of jail...

Well, we cannot, as that is now illegal..

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
reply to post by snarky412

Terrible behavior, but I don`t think jail is the answer. I don`t think it`s in the law either.

Jail is not the answer, People like this want putting down.

Dogs are more well mannered than this prick in the video.
edit on 29-11-2012 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
while i find it a distasteful action, awarding a jail term for it just opens a scary precedent.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The guy was a Muppet and deserves a smack in the teeth! But to jail him is against his human rights and ours. This is the way the world is going people! Next they will incarcerate you for your opinion. And then what???

edit on 29-11-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Evil has many faces...his is but one of them. Some people enjoy tormenting others; it is their pleasure; this man is one of those people.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

Originally posted by cavalryscout

I think he just needs a good ole' fashioned ass whoopin'!

I volunteer.

I'm next......

Maybe something like this?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I really wish I could be present just one time when a scum bag like this makes fun of someone with a disablity...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
OK it was in very poor taste to make fun of a person with a limp due to cerebral palsy. However I question the legality of sentencing someone to jail for making fun of someone else regardless of how low brow it is. Isn't that in it's self a violation of the first amendment.

I disagree completely with the sentencing. The guy was a douchbag but I don't think being a douchbag and making fun of the less fortunate is illegal. It's just a crappy way to act.

He didn't assault her n any way. So really other than being a asshole what crime did he break. And if this sets a precedent then I want to try and arrest everyone who made fun of me growing up cause I'm short.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I think a month in jail was too harsh, maybe a 3 days or a week in the pokey should give him enough boredom to think about being an ass to a child with a disability. When i was still in school, this is the kind of punk i would have enjoyed mashing his nose in and breaking it.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Aggravated menacing?

Really?
The aggravated menacing done here was probably law enforcement.

What was the judge named? Miss Manners?

We give our disabled excessive honor at times. I worked at an office that had the required handicapped parking.
Due to the type of business we were, not once in the 5 years did anyone use it. I should have been the one to park their, as I have osteo-arthritis in my hip from a gunshot. I didn't because I would have gotten a ticket.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
There are no laws against immitating people. It makes me want to do bad things to the family who impersonated the child especially because they defended themselves. It is clear which family really has the handicap. What a shame that the community allows this sort of behavior.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I would agree that this guys a jerk and he probably got what he deserved, but really? Aggravated Menacing? It's incredibly rude but I find it hard to believe it's such a serious crime in some ways. I did watch the video, but sounds like someone's feelings got hurt so this guy got sent to jail for a month....pretty harsh punishment in some ways for what could be considered real world trolling. I mean, he's a jerk, he really is... but a month of jail time disrupts his entire life just because he made fun of someone for what for a few minutes? Granted the teasing had been a continuation of what the mans child was doing...I got made fun of in school all the time when I was young, it happens. You get over it, get stronger, develop a thicker skin, and move on. Her disability is always going to exist and so are jerks. Ruining a mans life for a month, making it harder to support his family and things of that sort seems a lot more disruptive then some teasing....Have we really become so weak?

Nothing in this story makes me happy. Not what the man did the girl nor the mans punishment...the whole thing is stupid.
edit on 29-11-2012 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

If it were me I think I'd try and help my daughter develop a thicker skin and also teacher how to find things to make fun of in the boy that the insults originated from....stop crying, and start fighting back. Hell, she has some sturdy crutches, give him a good smack. I'm sure she has strong arms. I might also confront the family but getting law involved over teasing seems so petty.
edit on 29-11-2012 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2012 by GrimReaper86 because: many thoughts added

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The guy should have been sentenced to a month of working with kids with disabilities.

Pladuim

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I see this as a case of sensitivity. Both for the girl and the boy/father.

In the case of the girl -- a kid being far too emotional and hyper-sensitive to how others think of her; to the point where she apparently ceases being able to function properly. I have uncovered zero evidence of any sort of physical abuse suffered by the girl from the father or his boy. I have the suspicion that this case has been pushed because of her disability. Suggesting that she receive special treatment because of it goes against the national belief that we are all created equal.

The boy and the father are no shining pillars of humanity. They both need to develop a sense of how their actions can affect others. They are opposite of the girl. They have no care how their actions hurt other people.

I see few posters have considered the line in the article where the father stated he was reacting to insults toward his boy. It's to bad that journalists did not pursue the veracity of this claim. He could be lying. He could be telling the truth. If truth, this suggests that the girl is not some innocent little princess. According to the video there has been a neighborly feud going on for sometime now. The little information released about that issue has me wondering about the details of that.

The charges are unbelievable. Disorderly Conduct for what amounts to mimicry or acting? That took place for all of 8-9 seconds while the two were walking toward their vehicle. That warrants a criminal charge? That action did not cause law & order to breakdown. Aggravated Menacing? This is laughable. What does Aggravated Menacing even mean? The way in which the father was jailed suggests to me that if I felt menaced by a persons actions, no matter how insignificant, I could have them arrested. A charge like that is simply opening the door to having anyone jailed for their actions. Apparently, I can get jailed for hurting a persons feelings. That is simply pathetic. Is this where we are going as a country? Are we going to be a nation that is sheltered and self absorbed to the point that words and non-violent actions cause its people to breakdown? Are we going to jail people for expressing themselves, no matter how distasteful or offensive it might be?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Pladuim

While I agree with you in logic - he has shown an abject disrespect for a disabled Child. How do we know he wouldn't utilise time with disabled Children to continue his woeful behaviour? Unfortunately logic doesn't always work maybe that's the former Police officer in me speaking from experience.

All I know is some people do need to be locked up - to protect the public - sad to say but true.

Much Peace...

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join