It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man caught on video making fun of girl with cerebral palsy sentenced to jail

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The girl is 10 years old and can not help her physical problem. The man is 43 years old and was caught mocking her by making fun of the way she walks.

A northeast Ohio man caught on video apparently making fun of a young girl with cerebral palsy has been sentenced to a month in jail.

William Bailey, 43, was sentenced to the maximum sentence after pleading no contest Tuesday to reduced misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and aggravated menacing, court officials said.

Bailey was caught on cellphone video at a school bus stop making fun of how the 10-year-old disabled girl walks. The video was then widely disseminated on the Internet and local TV news, the (Canton) Repository reported

www.theindychannel.com...

I saw this earlier on the news and could not believe how cold and uncaring this man was. It was disgusting to see a grown man do this to a 10 year old.

Aren't we as adults supposed to look after young kids, not bully or mock them.

Shameful.......

I don't know if jail was the correct answer, more like Mannerism 101 classes....on how to be a decent human being without being cruel.....

ETA: Add video

edit on 28-11-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Terrible behavior, but I don`t think jail is the answer. I don`t think it`s in the law either.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma

Terrible behavior, but I don`t think jail is the answer. I don`t think it`s in the law either.

I don't think jail is the answer either.....definitely in need of some serious counseling IMO.

+22 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I think he just needs a good ole' fashioned ass whoopin'!

I volunteer.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Obviously jail was the right answer if there is a maximum sentence for the charges he was arraigned on.

Slippery slope though. I feel like Romney was menacing 47% of America with 'caught on video' comments.

Where is the line?

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Good.

Then we can all make fun of the way he walks when he gets out of jail...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
This young Ohio girl Hope Holcomb has regularly been bullied by her nine-year-old neighbour, but recently the boy's father has also begun teasing the young girl with both being captured on film mocking the limp Hope suffers as a result of her illness.

"It started last year we had trouble on the bus, she was miserable she didn't want to ride the bus, cried every morning," Hope's mother Tricia Knight told Fox 8 News.

"He treats her like crap, and most recently the dad got involved."

Hope's father was outraged when he watched the footage and questioned why a grown man would take aim at a young girl with a disability.

"It makes me sick too, to think that a grown man would tease a 10-year-old disabled girl that has never done a thing to any of them for no reason, and now she doesn't want to get on the bus to go to school," he said.
--------------

It makes me sick too.....

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

I volunteer.

I'm next......

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Obviously jail was the right answer if there is a maximum sentence for the charges he was arraigned on.

Slippery slope though. I feel like Romney was menacing 47% of America with 'caught on video' comments.

Where is the line?

wherever we want it to be

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Jail was the wrong answer. It is not against the law to make fun of someone no matter how you feel about it and it is not right to use the law against him. To make up phony charges for a sense of rightessness is still wrong. I have seen people charged with creating a riot when all they were doing was defending themselves. It is actually the same thing. In the case I am talking about, one of many I have seen, the LEO's found it easier to charge the victim then all the perps rather then doing the right thing. In this case they chose to make up charges to satisfy their feelings of what is right. In both cases they subverted the law which is bad for all of us.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

I volunteer.

Too right. I'm the most non confrontational person in real life unless someone I love is in danger - and thats pretty much saying I've got no reason to get involved with anyone so.. - but watching the video I felt a feeling inside me that told me it would be 100% ok in my mind to snot the crap out of that pratt and his kid. I'd have no problem with answering to the law or society for it either.

It am disgusted by people like him.

Maybe I just don't understand them.. I simply cannot comprehend what sort of person could find that funny or become involved with their own children in the harassment of a disabled child.

Lol you try and exist in a world where you don't have to deal with the vermin of humanity but it's just encroaching more and more into my world, reality is supporting my anti-social tendencies and the law does nothing until it's merely a counter measure against repeat offences...

The worst part is everyone is right, jail isn't the answer. You cannot punish stupidity when it's the result of something entirely incapable of anything but being stupid.

But you can break it's nose.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Maybe some time spent with other scumbags like himself will improve his attitude.What a loser.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well, incidents like this certainly explain why as each generation comes along we are getting more and more desensitized and inhumane towards our fellow mankind.

This a-hole's kid is being raised in such a way that scares the hell out of me. And of course the kid is looking up to daddy like a hero and eating it all up.

Parenting should require a license, just like what you need to own and operate a vehicle... providing proof that you can handle it with the maturity and responsibility in an adult-like mentality level.

At least in my utopian world that's how it would be.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
May I suggest a solution? A civil lawsuit alleging intentional infliction of emotional distress. The settlement agreement could include counseling for the offenders, a little money for the kid, maybe a written apology. You can get very creative in a civil suit.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Take a ball bat to his knees, then make fun of the way he walks. Things like this enrage me, so I would happily inflict the punishment myself.
No type of sensitivity counseling would fix idiots like this.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
Good.

Then we can all make fun of the way he walks when he gets out of jail...

Send him nothing but rope-less soap.

Seriously I'm glad he was held accountable. What's wrong with people? Nobody has control over how they were born or what nature does to us in life.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well all his information is out there. I guess he will be sleeping with his eyes wide open.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Ok, that would explain the charges aggravated menacing and disorderly conduct. This is beyond a a thoughtless jerk thinking he's being funny one time. His sentence should reflect the length of time he had been doing this. What an ass! I hope his son learns something from this, too.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

That I agree with.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

I seriously doubt it.

If people are that twisted and heartless they're probably ignorant enough to blame everything on the girl for being born that way in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join