It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inwards to eternal contemplation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
/just here making music, don't mind me, we're all chatter boxes

In the real world there are no separate things. There's no separate events as we like to define. Perhaps the frustration comes from leaning on the unspeakable world with our definitions.

You don't really exist as a separate self, all which is happening is at core you. You are it. But we don't really feel that, instead we feel separate. We feel that our heart beating is something that happens to us. Our bodies growing is viewed as something which happens to us, and we are all separate agents in this body.

Well all that is an illusion, there are no separate things. Where does the self end and other being?

The things which seemed under my control and the things which happened out of my control are no longer separate. Everything happens spontaneously of itself.

TLDR; Wind is blowing, grass is growing.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I like to think that there is no self, and that I am just my environment, perhaps checking itself out in it's own reflection.

I tend to be putt off by people who spend too much time inside "themselves"

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Eternium

Eternal contemplation - Ouch , sound like so much suffering. Feeling confused and always longing for more and more answers...

Although, if a question interest you and you want an answer, and it is easy to find, why not, but to be longing eternally for questions seems to be suffering.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Eternal contemplation - Ouch , sound like so much suffering. Feeling confused and always longing for more and more answers...

Although, if a question interest you and you want an answer, and it is easy to find, why not, but to be longing eternally for questions seems to be suffering.

The OP did not say he/she was longing, confused or suffering. The Op seems to have found the answer.
Everything happens spontaneously of itself, eternally.

edit on 29-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Contemplation does not necessarily mean 'thinking'.
I looked the word up and on wiki it says this:

In Christianity, contemplation refers to a content-free mind directed towards the awareness of God as a living reality. This corresponds, in some ways, to what in Eastern religion is called samadhi.

And this:

In Eastern Christianity contemplation (theoria) literally means to see God or to have the Vision of God. The state of beholding God, or union with God, is known as theoria. The process of theosis which leads to that state of union with God known as theoria is practiced in the ascetic tradition of Hesychasm. Hesychasm is to reconcile the heart and the mind into one thing.

Theoria (θεωρία) is Greek for contemplation. It corresponds to the Latin word contemplatio, "looking at", "gazing at", "being aware of," and it is an important term in theology.

edit on 29-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

The answer does not need 'finding'. No question needs to be asked.
This is it.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Just here making music guys, don't be all serious, there's no high purpose with these writings of mine

Your personality is an illusion and no more real than a telephone number. It's useful for us to communicate, but the ego, the persona, has nothing to do with how you circulate your blood, work your thyroid gland, blow the wind, grow your hair, shine the sun.. The same way you can't strangle someone with a telephone number, you can't "straighten" it all out with the ego. Perhaps the problem arises with trying to straighten everything out. Everything that we think we are is an illusion compared to the "concrete" patterning world happening of itself. So this personality I use to navigate the world is great, but I don't get it confused with the real self. Therefore one doesn't get caught up and develop anxieties, fears, figures..
edit on 29-11-2012 by Eternium because: (no reason given)

TLDR; Pointing finger at lake.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I find no error. Maybe you did.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The Buddhist philosophy originates from the Hindu cosmology. That you are all that there is, the self of the universe. It is seen as a drama of the self. You are playing every part in this existence only you forget that you do that. If you knew everything you would be tremendously bored. So you go out and forget that you're it.

The cosmos, it is seen as vibration. This vibration is resonance. If we had no resonance we wouldn't have a sense of self. So things that appear separate are only resonance of self. Which is why you can't have black without white, space without form, sound without silence. But in between white and black there is the whole spectrum of color.

So this drama of self is like everything else. It births, grows, matures, and dies. Then it begins all over, only it always feels like now.

If you knew everything you would get rather bored, so you'd start dreaming. And soon you'd want to forget you're dreaming and see how far out you can get. And pretty soon you'd be dreaming of where you are now, reading this.

TLDR; You're it.

top topics

join