It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Polices!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If you were the leader of a political party what would be your realistic policies. Would you do anything about imigration, taxes or the NHS.

Dont consider it off topic to ask why people would choose to do certain things or critise. With in reason.

Im from the U.K.

1 Stop imigration handouts.

2 Stop illegal imigration all together.

3 If the millions we spend on imigration hand outs are stopped then we cut taxes even if it only by something like 0.10%

4 Pull our troops ect out of Iraq!

5 Pull out of the EU

6 Teachers with more powers

7 Longer prison sentences.

O.k thats all i got for now.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by shorty]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
If you were the leader of a political party what would be your realistic policies. Would you do anything about imigration, taxes or the NHS.

Im from the U.K.

That's rather narrow... what about Law and Order, Benefits, Devolution etc

anyway you should post your idea's first... to set an example

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I was just nameing a few. I thought about posting mine ok here we go.

1 Stop imigration handouts.

2 Stop illegal imigration all together.

3 If the millions we spend on imigration hand outs are stopped then we cut taxes even if it only by something like 0.10%

4 Pull our troops ect out of Iraq!

5 Pull out of the EU

6 Teachers with more powers

7 Longer prison sentences.

O.k thats all i got for now.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
As Prime minister of Canada, here's what I would do -

- Continue to pay down the country's debt (currently at 501 billion)
- Dedicate a large amount of money to health-care reform, to make sure waiting lists in hospitals drop down
- Work with the provinces to craft incentive programs to keep doctors in Canada
- Reform public service to encourage excellence and eliminate redundancies
- Incite the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC Radio-Canada) to make partnerships with local and community broadcasters who promote Canadian content - this would cut costs.
- Seriously examine new economic development opportunities for the Atlantic provinces, in which the federal government could invest to help create jobs and cut on welfare costs
- Work with the US to improve patrol along the Canada-US border
- Renew Canada's commitment to international peace missions and development initiatives under the NEPAD (New Partnership for African Development)

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Immigration

Immigration is both good and bad for a country, it is good because it provides a source of new skilled job seekers, but it is also bad because it adds to the overall population thus putting a strain on services. Also, currently, a rapidly growing proportion of immigrants are not skilled or willing to get a job. These people come to Britain to claim off our overly generous benefit system thus sponging off the state and tarnishing the reputations of the true hard working immigrants. We need to sort out this problem desperately as it is causing growing racial tension amongst the people of Britain and causing a long term financial drain on the British tax payer. Immigrants also need to integrate into British society more, it is the major reason why there is so much racial tension in Britain at the moment, immigrants are forming their own little societies within Britain and refusing to adopt British culture.

There should be a maximum limit of 9,000 people permanently settling in Britain each month.
Immigration rights can only only be granted when the person / people are in their home country, through either a embassy or consul office.
Immigration rights should be granted via a points system (similar to that used in Canada), the people / person need a certain number of points to be granted Immigration rights, this way people will not be granted immigration right on the bias of their national or ethnic origin (a fair and equal way of doing things by not favouring certain ethnicities):
- Points should be added if family relations or friends already live in Britain, they have no criminal record, proof of job in near past, a accepted job already in Britain, a proven trade, proof of education, knowledge of the English language.
- Points should be deduced if they have a criminal record, no job history, failed asylum in past.
Those caught sneaking into the country should be immediately be deported and refused immigration rights, due to the fact they are illegally entering the country.
Those caught staying in Britain without permission should be automatically deported to their home country.
Those that commit an illegal activity should be deported rather than be housed in a jail or prison facility.
They should receive information on British culture to help them integrate into British society rather than forming ghettos where anti-racial tension is high. In Canada, Blacks, Whites and Asians all live side by side united by their patriotism and love of their country, that's the kind of thing we need to aspire to here in Britain.
Those who immigrate to Britain should not receive any form of benefits for a minimum of 3 years, this is to deter those who wish to abuse the British benefits system.

I was planning on making a political web site with my thoughts...but i never got around to it.... thats why there is so much writing for just one topic
pick a topic and i shall provide you with a policy

top topics

join