It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer idiot needs advice, tips, tricks for building a website and sales page.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by ecapsretuo

I wonder if it's also possible with Joomla and my web hoster, to build the site "off-line"

Joomla has an offline mode in the backend so you can put your site offline while you build it, people who visit the site see "performing site maintenance" message while you can see the site as an admin

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Cheers for that, that's good info! im going to have a crack!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
ive done it mate, its pretty simple

1) sign up with "bluehost" or "just daddy"

2) when signed up...choose from the many types of websites you want to build, from their easy to use control panel.

3) if you want a shopping cart/ online store.....then before you choose a "type of website", click on "zencart" and you will have a shopping cart website, ...then choose from the templates and build your site from there

peace dude

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Watchfull

Thank you.

Product development is going to take me up to six months or more, and I was wanting to organize content for the site and start building the ad copy in parallel to that, so the solutions offered in this thread will work well for me, and I really wanted to build up my techie abilities at the same time because if I'm to run and lead a .com initiative it would probably be best if I'm not a total computer idiot. When I get to the home stretch, at that time I can hire in some help and have someone in mind already, someone I can trust to be my webmaster.

The key for me is to find the right Joomla template/theme because I want a magazine type of layout with all roads leading to the sales page (and shopping cart).

Graphics
I wonder what's the best place for finding graphics and even logo design? I understand there are places on the net filled with graphics designers who'll even engage themselves in a logo selection process where you don't pay for what you don't select. Anyone got an ideas as to what the best solution would be for graphics content, other than just combing the net for non-copyright protected images?

edit on 29-11-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Question: Does Joomla have extensions for eCommerce ie: shopping cart functionality, or would I need to plug something like Zen Cart into it?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

It has 29

extensions.joomla.org...

Some free some commercial

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join