It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SpaceX is planning a Mars colony, would you go?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lobbyist1
Wow , I didnt know our own orbit is considered space travel, ,,,,,,,,,,let alone to Mars!!!!!!!

It's in space, isn't it? Ergo, Space travel... At any rate, you said "you bet your bottom dollar there would be no space x, y or z", when quite clearly there is, it is successful and has actually done more for opening up space than any of the Governmental agencies that have been doing it for 50 years.

Nice try wise guy, but you know more me.

Clearly, I do

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Why would I want to go to Mars? For the sunny beaches and wonderful sunsets? Nine months of boredom getting there, a few months of novelty excitement when you first get there, followed by another several of years of boredom before you have a chance to get off that dull dry hunk of rock.

Because science and being stuck in a habitat the size of a bus with the same people for years at a time is so thrilling.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I'd sign up, but I would have to be able to take my PC and my kids....

I'd never come back either as long as I had the internet, Steam still worked and I could get the latest games

I wish Vegas would have a betting hand on this massive trick being displayed here. because i would bet every dollar,cd's,shares and bonds that I own , that there will be no Space x,y or z.

What are you chatting about?

Space X is a successful company and is in direct competition with the more established launch operators like ESA or Russia.

See here for the latest challenge from Space X against the worlds leading heavy-lift rocket, Ariane 5

edit on 28/11/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

I am glad that Space X is a successful company(super happy) ,, But please explain how their success entails to Space X (or ESA , Russia or anyone else) would/can figure out how to travel in(NOT ORBIT) hostile space. How ,,they would figure out how a human can last longer than 3 months time in space with no health issues.

I’m all ears.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Ok I didnt know I could bring stuff too?

I'll bring Johnny Cash

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I think to survive on Mars would need a constant supply of ALL goods.Perhaps the moon one day will be the lift-off point for any Mars colony avoiding the problem of burning all that fuel escaping earth gravity.The moon would have to be developed before any Mars colony is attempted IMO.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Wow , I didnt know our own orbit is considered space travel, ,,,,,,,,,,let alone to Mars!!!!!!!

It's in space, isn't it? Ergo, Space travel... At any rate, you said "you bet your bottom dollar there would be no space x, y or z", when quite clearly there is, it is successful and has actually done more for opening up space than any of the Governmental agencies that have been doing it for 50 years.

Nice try wise guy, but you know more me.

Clearly, I do

What’s the topic smarty pants?

My point exactly,, which is exactly what I was and will continue to be referring to. You want to be Johnny-Lawyer and try to discredit my valid point, go right ahead. All it shows is that my valid point has struck a nerve.

I will say it again, there will be no Space X ,Y or Z. But you Stick with your articles and 50 years of experience dealing with the government jargon. They will never go to mars. Which if this topic were to be in Vegas I will bet everything against it.

Now exactly how do you know more than me? Sure buddy

Carry on.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lobbyist1

Humans have spent far longer in space than 3 months already....

We have already sent a plethora of spacecraft to Mars already.

The technology is there, the last piece of the puzzle is Solar radiation, but there are ways around that as well, from heavy shielding to a magnetic shield.

Basically, every time Space X has set a target, they get there. I do not doubt they will be amongst the first to send a Man to Mars.

They have already talked about Moon missions. As their Falcon rocket is on par with Ariane, it is quite believable they can do it. In fact, the Falcon heavy is already chalked up for it's first Mars mission in 2018 after NASA selected it for their Red Dragon mission, which funnily enough includes test of vital technology to allow human exploration of Mars....

The Falcon Heavy can do Lunar or Martian missions. It is clear you don't know much about Space X and have simply mouthed off.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
How much back and forth travel with would there be? I think I'd go no matter what. There is not much left to explore on Earth, so Mars would a be fun place to fly off to. The lack of O2 is an issue, so claiming land would be slightly more difficult, but I think it would be worth it. I'd want to live under surface.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The guys name is Elon Musk.

Think about that, Elon Musk. I think the guy is just trying to get back Home.

I would go yes. Someone has to start the new ATS Mars chapter. Someone has to watch these people for corruption in the new government of the colony and not play by TPTB rules. I would be that guy. I would most probably be the guy to start any rebellion that's needed.

Humans of Earth need a new chance to be free from the governments such as we have now. Going to Mars could give us this chance. If this chance is not taken, Mars will be the new conquered stepping stone for the Earth Leaders to go forth to conquer more worlds.

Earth would look like trailer trash from Mars and the rest of the Universe. As a planet, we look like that now, just scan the evening news. I would go with an agenda. I would go to infect minds with with the hope of a brighter future. There is no better reason to go. If you don't go with that mind, you might as well stay home.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Do you have a space ship with 3' lead walls to provide the same protection from
outer space as Earth's atmosphere does? No. So I advise all who imagine
space trips to wise up and learn about lies by omission by the Illuminati.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

A relatively simple magnetic field will provide enough protection from solar radiation. Research has been ongoing and is proving quite fruitful in this area:

engineering.dartmouth.edu...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hell and naw.

I havent seen a pic of mars yet showing any water, any plants... hell not so much as some silly insect. Why.go.to .mars?
Besides, watching 3d simulations and brilliantly photoshopped images passed on to the public is old tired news. Yea I said it.

Not in the remainder of my lifetime. Thanks though.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I would not go. Mars has got to be one of the most visually boring places in our solar system.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Lets try to keep Religion, Race and Class away from Mars
!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Yes, spaceX would handle only the transport, not the actual colonies. And why would that be?
Because the government will want to have complete control of that part of it.

So no, as much as I would love to see it, I wouldn't go. Unless the colonists had a mutiny once they got there.
edit on 28-11-2012 by chiefsmom because: sp

It would take twenty years for the colony to become self sufficient in foodstuffs, so I hope they wait a while before the mutiny.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Ok I didnt know I could bring stuff too?

I'll bring Johnny Cash

dont forget this one how i love this

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Anyone who says yes to going is a FOOL! And here is why...
Space Pioneer To Send 80,000 People To Mars

Instead of lounging around on an interplanetary vacation, the passengers would be sent to work, carrying with them equipment to build sustainable housing on the dusty and currently barren soil for future generations, the report said.

Immediate ground work would focus on building transparent domes pressurized with carbon dioxide while possibly covered in a layer of water to serve as protection from the Sun.

In other words you would be paying $500k to be a slave on Mars! Are you willing to be a slave?

Wake up people, stop feeding the Elite!

edit on 30-11-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

reply to post by TeslaandLyne

A relatively simple magnetic field will provide enough protection from solar radiation. Research has been ongoing and is proving quite fruitful in this area:

engineering.dartmouth.edu...

What about high speed non conducting particles and radiation of all kinds that a mag
field could never defend against. A mag field protection of what is in outer space is as
imaginary as aliens using Tesla ships. Earth is our outer space probe and 3' of lead
can't be done by mag fields.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join