It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Pyramids Discovered in Italy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
On the Farshores website, Marco V. of Varese, Italy writes, "You may be interested in a discovery which has been recently made: three pyramids were discovered thanks to satellite and aerial imagery in northern Italy, in the town of Montevecchia� They are the first pyramids ever discovered in Italy and the dimensions are quite impressive; the highest pyramid is [500 feet] tall. They are stone buildings, as recent excavations have proved. However, they are now completely covered by ground and vegetation, so that they now look like hills.

www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Thats what it said in an article I read on www.earthfiles.com. An Alien spoke to a man about that.
Incredible, He said that 3 new pyramids would be discovered.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I read that article Months ago

[Edited on 5/2/2003 by FoxStriker]

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Good find daragonrider!

This is extremely interesting to me, I had no idea there were pyramids in Italy.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Africans were in Europe too??? geesh, they were everywhere.

Something a lot of people don't understand is cities built upon cities and those cities built upon civilizations. We think of ancient civilizations and ancient cities but we dont think about the ancient cities that are built upon even older civilizations/cities.

Example: There is a book called The Four Cities of Troy. It shows how archeologists were delving in the ruins of the ancient city of Troy. So when they were digging in the ruins they digged more than they intended to and they discovered ruins of another civilization under the ruins of Troy. This city they determined was alive way before Troy, it was a lost city under the sands.

When these archaeologists were delving into the ruins of the ancient city they learned that there were ruins of a city more ancient than that. So they started frantically digging onto that one and dug some more until they found another one and before they got through digging they had dug down and they had discovered that civilizations in that area had been there so far back into history that at different times in history some of the cities had been destroyed, had become completely covered up with sand and dirt, until another people came along and didn't even know it was there and built another
civilization on top of it. This happened four different times, hence the title of the book.

[Edited on 5-3-2003 by Illmatic67]

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Africans were in Europe too??? geesh, they were everywhere.

Something a lot of people don't understand is cities built upon cities and those cities built upon civilizations. We think of ancient civilizations and ancient cities but we dont think about the ancient cities that are built upon even older civilizations/cities.

Example: There is a book called The Four Cities of Troy. It shows how archeologists were delving in the ruins of the ancient city of Troy. So when they were digging in the ruins they digged more than they intended to and they discovered ruins of another civilization under the ruins of Troy. This city they determined was alive way before Troy, it was a lost city under the sands.

When these archaeologists were delving into the ruins of the ancient city they learned that there were ruins of a city more ancient than that. So they started frantically digging onto that one and dug some more until they found another one and before they got through digging they had dug down and they had discovered that civilizations in that area had been there so far back into history that at different times in history some of the cities had been destroyed, had become completely covered up with sand and dirt, until another people came along and didn't even know it was there and built another
civilization on top of it. This happened four different times, hence the title of the book.

[Edited on 5-3-2003 by Illmatic67]

Yes, he's right.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Strange ... they must be very old ... Even the one's in South America aren't covered like those one's and they're in the middle of a jungle!

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
that's pretty cool. i don't know much about the ancient history of italy, but i know my people had connections all over. and they might have been part of the egyptian empire? i'm going to europe in june, i might check it out this summer

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
"Ancient Pyramids Discovered in Italy
02-May-2003

On the Farshores website, Marco V. of Varese, Italy writes, "You may be interested in a discovery which has been recently made: three pyramids were discovered thanks to satellite and aerial imagery in northern Italy, in the town of Montevecchia� They are the first pyramids ever discovered in Italy and the dimensions are quite impressive; the highest pyramid is [500 feet] tall. They are stone buildings, as recent excavations have proved. However, they are now completely covered by ground and vegetation, so that they now look like hills.
"The inclination degree of all the three pyramids is 42/43� and there is a perfect alignment with the Orion constellation (there are a lot of similarities to the Egyptian pyramids). Their age is still undefined although they are surely older than 3,000 years. Nothing was found nearby which may help to date the structures and in the area there was not any civilization able to build similar structures at the time (the people who lived there were mainly gatherers and hunters)."

To see photos of the pyramids, click here.

This is further evidence for Robert Schoch's fascinating theory that an early civilization traveled around the world building pyramids, which is why they're found in so many different places."

500 feet!!
So are they going to dig these up and look for artifacts?
Maybe there will be a mummified E.T.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This makes me wonder if there are pyramids somewhere in N. America? Maybe in the mountaneous areas?

I'll certainly keep my eyes open for strange shapes.

top topics

join