It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incomplete data on bible prophecies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
A lot of Christians seem to have a very clear idea about end time events and prophecy, almost as if its been presented in an easy-to-understand sequence. Christians are rather confident with regard to the sequence of end time events. Their understanding of end time events is derived by putting together various pieces of the scripture from various books, mainly Revelations, Daniel, Ezekiel etc.

However, we see prophets / apostle were sometimes instructed not to write down or "seal up" a revealed vision

And when the seven thunders spoke, I was about to write; but I heard a voice from heaven say, "Seal up what the seven thunders have said and do not write it down."
-Revelations 10:4

“The vision of the evenings and mornings that has been given you is true, but seal up the vision, for it concerns the distant future.”
-Daniel 8:26

But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.”
-Daniel 12:4

I heard, but I did not understand. So I asked, “My lord, what will the outcome of all this be?”
He replied, “Go your way, Daniel, because the words are rolled up and sealed until the time of the end. Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.
-Daniel 12:8-9

Clearly, the data we have on future events is incomplete.

This has a rather profound impact on as to how we evaluate biblical prophecies. Given how some very important prophetic information was "sealed up" and not written down for us to know, can we honestly say we have a full understanding about prophetic events? And when those events that were not written down takes place, how would we know?

If we suddenly got to know that which was not written down / sealed up, how would it affect our understanding of the end time events? Could it change the way we see and understand biblical eschatology? Possibly. All I can say is our knowledge about future events is incomplete, and there would be plenty of surprises coming our way. It might be something that's right there in front of our eyes or it could be something new that would change the way we look at the subject... in other words, there would be a "twist" at the ending.

Just something to ponder about.

edit on 28-11-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

This is the end (of the past) and this is the beginning (of the future). You are the always at the end. And you are always at the beginning.
You are before and after all things.

There is nothing beyond now. There is only presence.

Yet man seeks elsewhere. Man is lost in thought - lost in time.
edit on 28-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
the answer is in the very scripture you quoted!

Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand. -Daniel 12:8-9

i'm not christian,but i guess you have to 'be wise to understand!'
i guess your wicked,and going to hell!!

this is how christians work. they jumble around a bunch of biblical quotes,from many different books,and use them to get 'their' point across!
i can string together quotes from war and peace,animal farm,2001,and a line from 2 1/2 men,and get the same results!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

You are very correct that we cannot connect the dots fully until we can look back, but God prompts us to look forward. This is why the future is drawn into the past for us to be aware that it is coming. Taking a larger look across the territory, we can refine our map. Each of us have a map of the territory, but none of us have the territory down perfectly. God is above the fourth dimension, so he sees it in totality. We collapse the wave in moments of time, so we can only see a map as we arrive and depart.

The seal on Daniel's prophecy was torn in the first century when the veil was torn. Jesus told us the timetable with two events. First, the temple is destroyed and it would be two days to revive it and a further day (of the LORD) to raise it. Jesus said it would be three days to raise it. He told the experts that the only sign they got was the sign of Jonah (3 days in the belly). Hosea says this:

6 “Come, let us return to the Lord.
He has torn us to pieces
but he will heal us;
he has injured us
but he will bind up our wounds.
2 After two days he will revive us;
on the third day he will restore us,

We can clearly see that we all rise on the third day. We now have witnesses to verify these things as true. Here are 15 witnesses. The Bible indicates we only need two:

Witnesses to 6000 years of History Unfolding.

It was sealed to the end. Now is the end.

Further, we know that Jesus enters the temple when the Money Changers tables are turned and the peace makers have no rest. TODAY!

Global Meltdown Foretold

edit on 28-11-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

6 “Come, let us return to the Lord.
He has torn us to pieces
but he will heal us;
he has injured us
but he will bind up our wounds.
2 After two days he will revive us;
on the third day he will restore us,

Now is the end.

The lord is now but man separates himself into past and future - man is divided. Only when he returns to presence will he be one with the father.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

My point is that there are some blank spots in the record of prophetic revelations, such as Revelations 10:4 and the verses from Daniel.

We know that the writer heard or saw something, but was asked to not wrote it down. So we would never know what it was that he was asked to not write down. This is what may have a profound impact on our understanding of the end times... it may even change the way we look at prophecy. We think we know it all, but we don't.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by EnochWasRight

My point is that there are some blank spots in the record of prophetic revelations, such as Revelations 10:4 and the verses from Daniel.

We know that the writer heard or saw something, but was asked to not wrote it down. So we would never know what it was that he was asked to not write down. This is what may have a profound impact on our understanding of the end times... it may even change the way we look at prophecy. We think we know it all, but we don't.

I agree, but the letter is not needed if God chooses to reveal a fact. It's there somewhere and already written on our hearts. I assume God has it tucked away somewhere for the right time. From what I can see, all seven continents hold a key or two. The search cannot be narrowed to one book. The Bible is the historical context and determining factor to rightly divide the rest. Take Rumi for an example. Rumi lets us in on many facts we would otherwise not know. This is true for many sources of information that we can search. Bits and pieces reveal the whole story.

top topics

join