It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks Like We Made It!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN

reply to post by cody599

Oh sure, good luck dealing with a psychopathic and apathetic serial killer trying to break down a door you're locked behind. In a case like that, having a cellphone conviniently placed in your pocket will potentially save your ass.

For a slightly more probable cause though. What if you've fallen into a cravace in a mountain? What if you're rock-climbing and get your arm stuck under a one ton rock? etc etc? I'm pretty sure you'll want to have a phone in your pocket at that point.

Originally posted by cody599

Our relationships were real, not online personas where 13 year old Mary was a 45 year old hairy arsed builder called Bubba.

I'm not sure what you mean by this part. I never mentioned any relationships :p

You'd be surprised how many of the females in games actually are females nowadays, and many are actually pretty hot. Sure the majority are probably not, but still.

And what I meant with 2 lives is that we get to have an online game life + real life. best of both worlds

Edit: And to be fair, I broke my wrist snowboarding this february. So I'm equally fuked now in the 21st century, as you guys were in the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's. Just sayin' :p
edit on 28-11-2012 by ZikhaN because: (no reason given)

1. I have a land line, but must agree to the rest, I was just talking in general not specifics.
2. A relationship is any interaction between two or more people.
3. As you said probably not if they were hot and not gaming they've probably got real boyfriends.
4. Well duh I have quite a high I.Q. over MENSA's requirement to join, I got that hence the relationships bit.
5. Just explaining

6. My smiley works

edit on 30-11-2012 by cody599 because: Why not

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Why does everything in here have to take on the form of a debate and oneupsmanship...Having a land line is not going to help in the near future...many city's have started to do away with them...my IQ is 167 tested 210 untested...big deal...They assigned a number to smarts...hysterical in it's conception...the OP was merely pointing out and correct me if I am wrong Littled...that today's youth only knows what they have experienced and bellyaching about not having certain amenities would not be the case had they come from a time before these things existed...but this is cyclical...each generation only knows what they experienced and what they see is new...their parents did the same thing...my parents lived when there was this thing they called the great depression...standing in line waiting for food...so when I complained about the food I was served..I was told in our day....every generation goes through this, when I complained about the B/W tv...I was told...here is a radio...when the youth of today have children those kids will hear...yeah I remember when we had the internet and no interstellar travel....lmao

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Yes, we made it! No broken bones here and both eyes are intact.

If we go back to our grandparents day we see that a lot of them didn't have cars, flush toilets, land line phones, and a lot of other conviences we take for granted. As already stated, each generation grows up with things their parents didn't have. Each generation takes for granted the technology that is around when we are born.

It is amusing that some grumble because people in the US don't know much about the rest of the world. What they really don't understand is that we have such a diverse nation. We basically have 50 different cultures we can visit along with interesting landscapes we can enjoy. The way I see it, I would like to get to know my country before hopping off to foreign lands. If that makes me pathetic...so be it.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33
Why does everything in here have to take on the form of a debate and oneupsmanship...Having a land line is not going to help in the near future...many city's have started to do away with them...my IQ is 167 tested 210 untested...big deal...They assigned a number to smarts...hysterical in it's conception...the OP was merely pointing out and correct me if I am wrong Littled...that today's youth only knows what they have experienced and bellyaching about not having certain amenities would not be the case had they come from a time before these things existed...but this is cyclical...each generation only knows what they experienced and what they see is new...their parents did the same thing...my parents lived when there was this thing they called the great depression...standing in line waiting for food...so when I complained about the food I was served..I was told in our day....every generation goes through this, when I complained about the B/W tv...I was told...here is a radio...when the youth of today have children those kids will hear...yeah I remember when we had the internet and no interstellar travel....lmao

You are correct! My kids have never understood that when I was a child when we went to visit my great-grandparents we had to use an outhouse and if we wanted a drink of water we had to pump it by hand. Their children will never understand that when they were small children they didn't have cell phones, CDs or internet service. Who knows what conveniences the great-grandkids will have that will make it look like we lived in the stone age! Something tells me that they will still think they have it tough- but they won't have a clue.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join