It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evolution of Combat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Sooo, my friends told me the Evolution of Combat is out on Runescape.
Wow it has become another generic MMO now, i mean i know it wasnt the best game in the world any way, but least it was slightly diferent.

Don't get me wrong, it has its upsides but i can't make my mind up about it.

Any one been on recently? what you think?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKiryu

I have not but, generic, instant gratification MMO are the new money maker.

The generation is changed where working toward a goal and spend time doing it seems like a waste.

I'm glad i played MMO when it was actually worth it.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Yep. Basically, they've made it so that you can actually perform different moves instead of just clicking and doing the same style of attack repeatedly. And you recharge as you hit damage, so you can do combos and get extra experience and everything. Each kind of attack has a different recharge time, but the effects are pretty cool. You can even bind the keys. But there's some stuff you have to be a member to access, just like with everything else in RuneScape.

It's nothing new, they're just catching up with the times.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Yeah, i know what you mean its all just about making money at the end of the day.
It really is a shame that there are no individual MMO games any more tho.

I don't play many any morecos of this fact, i just thought it was a shame that they have gone and gotten rid of their only USP.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Yeah i know, i just don't see why they changed everything to become just like every other MMO out there. Its more of a shame that no one seems to have individual ideas any more and that all the games just get spat out the same as the others.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

The other MMOs are that way for a reason. They're appealing to people who like to play those other games. If it works, you know. There's no use sacrificing the appeal or whatever for originality. Originality sinks in the end, because if someone else comes up with a good idea and you're too proud to go with it, then you'll be the one losing out.

Besides, it's a losing battle with the release of the Pandaria thing for WoW.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Runescape is original how? That game was best in its first 6 months, when it was a wild as hell beta. You guys probably dont even know what the cabbage patch was. Oh man, making a character and instantly getting PKed. that was awesome. After that little experiment, all they did was copy other lame ideas.
edit on 27-11-2012 by smashdem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by smashdem

Oh man, making a character and instantly getting PKed. that was awesome.

I don't call that awesome. I call that an opportunity for some real jerkoffs to ruin the game for everyone by just picking off players left and right, amassing gold and selling accounts and then killing more players for a little side revenue.

You must play some seriously whacked out games.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I like games that keep out the riff-raff, not celebrate it. So, not runescape, becuase they ruined that almost instantly.
Think about what you said. How could someone amass gold or make any money off of new characters? The only loot that ever got dropped were bronze daggers and stacks of cabbage because what else do noobs do in a cabbage patch where everyone is fighting? Also, people dont buy accounts for games in an open beta, especially when they are low level accounts. I am having a hard time coming to that conclusion myself, based on what I previously posted, so bear with me, I have no idea what the hell you are talking about.
Also, where is runescape now? Apparently, that horrible situation you described was awesome enough to forge what you are playing today.

ETA: I guess I do play some kinda whacked out games, I really love dark souls. Many people hate that game.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by smashdem

Think about what you said. How could someone amass gold or make any money off of new characters? The only loot that ever got dropped were bronze daggers and stacks of cabbage because what else do noobs do in a cabbage patch where everyone is fighting? Also, people dont buy accounts for games in an open beta, especially when they are low level accounts. I am having a hard time coming to that conclusion myself, based on what I previously posted, so bear with me, I have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

During my recent visits on RuneScape, the Grand Exchange (a marketplace developed for mass trading) is full of bots spamming websites for you to go to buy gold using real money and websites where you can buy level 99 accounts, or offering to double your gold.

People are stupid, and other people capitalize on that. Some people like killing, while some people just like skilling. I'm one of those people who likes skilling - there's plenty of other games where I can compete with other people.

top topics

join