It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare For Arkstorm to Hit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
(TheWeatherSpace.com) - The ARKstorm was what would be predicted as a major rainfall event that would consist of a lot of snowfall in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, followed by a tropical air mass that melts all the snow.

Such a scenario might actually be coming, with the first round hitting on Wednesday, then Thursday into Friday, another on Saturday, and then lasting through Sunday as well. A full five days worth of heavy rainfall in Northern and Central California.

This will bring heavy mountain snow to the higher elevations, but below 8,000 feet it should be all rain. This will melt a lot of the snow that is already up there and cause major flooding in the Central Valley zones.

14 inches of rain for Sacramento is in the official TheWeatherSpace.com Forecast grid with 20 inches for the foothill zones east of there.

San Francisco will get over eight inches of rainfall.

TheWeatherSpace.com will have continued coverage of this event for all of California.

www.theweatherspace.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Saw that on my Facebook last night (Haarp Status page)

Seems to be a pretty big storm. I doubt it'll be as big as they "advertise" it to be but who knows.

Always be prepared for the worst

edit on 27-11-2012 by FrankLY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

It looks like the country is getting hit from both ends, sandy on the east, this thing in the west and drought in the middle.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by taws6

There's no drought here.

We're getting snow.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
People on another website are posting that today on TV they saw an emergency broadcast reported by a Los Angeles sheriff, that Los Angeles should prepare for heavy rains. They saw these broadcasts today, and were in Ohio and Florida, and possibly other states.

So. Cal isn't even supposed to get that much rain out of this, so what the heck?

Prepping my yard here in So Cal, just in case this express swings south.

edit on 27-11-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
So,here is the official forecast,or not.

AR,not ARK.
Atmospheric River.
It happens every once in a while in Cali.

www.weather.com...

Meteorologists use the term "atmospheric river" to describe a long, narrow plume piping deep moisture from the tropics into the mid-latitudes.
One type of atmospheric river (hereafter, AR) you may have heard of is the "Pineapple Express", a pronounced plume tapping moisture from the Hawaiian Islands to the U.S. West Coast.
Amazingly, according to NOAA's Earth System Research Laboratory (ESRL), a strong AR can transport as water vapor up to 15 times the average flow of liquid water at the mouth of the Mississippi River!

Suffice to say, if an AR stalls over a particular area, significant flooding can be the result. In fact, a study by Ralph et al. (2006) found ARs responsible for every flood of northern Calfornia's Russian River in a 7-year period. That said, they're also important for western water supply considerations.

According to NOAA/ESRL, 30-50% of the average annual precipitation in the West Coast states typically occurs in just a few AR events. With that in mind, one such AR is poised to soak parts of the West Coast this week. Let's get to the forecast details

Jonny Depp,I mean the guy on weatherspace.com is a bit sensationalist at best.
edit on 27-11-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Move to AZ, its just HOT. This year we are ten degrees above normal. I STILL have not used my heater.. Last year we had about two weeks of winter, I think this year, so far one day. Weather patterns are getting freaky everywhere.!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

Ark Storm is 10 feet of rain per day for sustained days at a time

ETA: get a grip!
edit on 29-11-2012 by racer451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
For what it's worth I found these two videos
and thought they were worth a look.
I really like suspiciousobserver's 2min up dates.
Today's mentions an Ark storm possibility .
www.youtube.com...

And this is a bit from someone I don't know but
thought his take on the jet stream being broken into pieces
was very interesting.
www.youtube.com...
Yes it's technically AR storm but the K is on purpose.
Ark Storm... As in start building your Ark. Or giant cabbin on Ski's.
edit on 29-11-2012 by sealing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Im sure there is very little chance of a Super ARk
but if the current storm off the northwest coast did Frankenstein out,
California better hope it's nothing like the one that
hit November 10th 1861.
Some history from WeatherUnderground.

THE DELUGE OF DECEMBER 1861-JANUARY 1862

In 1860 the population of California was 380,000 according to the official U.S. census (this figure may not have included Chinese immigrants). There are 38 million residents in the state now. In 1861 there was no formal weather service in existence, just a handful of individuals who kept data in such places as San Francisco, Sacramento, San Diego, and Los Angeles (a small village at that time). San Francisco was far and away the largest city in the state accounting for about 50,000 of the 380,000 state residents.

The first rain of the 1861-1862 season occurred on November 10th according to San Francisco records. By the end of November 4.10” of rain had fallen, well above the average of 3.20”. The first half of December brought an additional 3.27” and then the rains began in earnest on December 23. Between then and January 22 an amazing 29.28” of rain was recorded in the city. An additional 1.35” fell the last of week of January (the calendar month of January total being 24.36” and the Dec.-Jan. total being 33.90”) and February produced another 7.53”. San Francisco’s normal annual rainfall is 22.28”. Sacramento recorded 23.68” during the two-month period of December-January (annual average is 19.87”). In San Diego 8.76” was recorded (annual average 10.77”) and estimates of 35” accumulated in the Los Angeles area (annual average 15.14”). In the Sierra Nevada foothills truly extraordinary amounts of precipitation were reported including 102” in the mining town of Sonora over the two-month period. Flooding that had begun during the December deluges increased in scope and intensity throughout January. The capital city of Sacramento was flooded by ten feet of water and the new governor had to travel to his inauguration in a rowboat.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
In Missouri, we had 70 degrees on December 1st. It is 63 degrees today. We should be seeing snow, ice, or at least 30 degree high temps.

We had a very warm winter last year and so far we are warmer than last year. Our November average was higher than last year's. One of our local news stations has predicted less than 14 inches of snow for the whole winter. Our average is like 22 inches or so. I predict even less! This is nuts.

We are also still in a "drought". Well below average precipitation. We went up a little in September, but we've dried up ever since.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Just got this in from a friend of mine where the rain is hitting. His apartment is 20 min outside of San Francisco and is now full of water

What used to be his back yard is now a river. Download and view.
edit on 2-12-2012 by winterkill because: added material

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Mt Shasta in Oregon is getting dumped on - now what, we need it to all melt off in a few days for the finale!

oh get your rubber boots on and scuba gear!

The record snowfall forecast for Mt Shasta is 218 inches which is about 18 feet of snow in a 4-5 day period!!!

www.weather.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by winterkill
Just got this in from a friend of mine where the rain is hitting. His apartment is 20 min outside of San Francisco and is now full of water

What used to be his back yard is now a river. Download and view.
edit on 2-12-2012 by winterkill because: added material

Link is dead. And his elevation must be very low or the storm is hitting harder 2 hours north, because it is not bad here. No flooding, no ones backyard is a river, that is for sure, the power hasn't even gone out.

top topics

join