It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside administration sources suggest classifying all semi autos as NFA items

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
FWIW:

"According to confidential information," he said, "forces linked with the administration suggest the government classify semiautomatic firearms and multiple capacity ammunition feeding devices as Title 2 National Firearms Act items under the Gun Control Act of 1968.
link

Clinton did something similar in 94 independent of Congress reclassifying several shotguns as destructive devices.

This would make all semi autos and high cap magazines susceptible to the $200 transfer tax and a 6 month wait.

Seems unlikely. Way too many semi autos out there to keep track of and mags generally dont have serial numbers or any other identifying marks and are ultra numerous out there.

They cant even keep up with NFA transfers in todays figures. I can only imagine the massive failure that would be form 4ing every semi and every "high cap" magazine.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
While i don't want to see it happen, I can't imagine that it would ever effect me. I don't shoot for capacity. I shoot for bullseye. I can't think of a situation where I would want to discharge rounds faster than my finger can squeeze the trigger, short of taking on a zombie hoard or something.

Ammo isn't cheap.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Three gun matches would really suck if everyone had to stop using AR15's and 30 round magazines.

A good number of the "it doesnt affect me" gun owners let Clintons AWB pass with little noise. Bill Ruger was one of those types and testified before Congress that no man needs more than ten rounds for any purpose.

It starts with semis. Next thing you know that bolt action Remington 700 is labeled as a "sniper" rifle. A so-called "weapon of war" and you're in the same boat as everyone else.

There is no Goldilocks zone for those working toward gun bans. Everything is too something. Too small, too big, shoots too close or shoots too far. Too inaccurate or too accurate.

If it fires a projectile somebody wants it banned.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Well, as a Freedom Fundamentalist, I truly believe that if it exists, it should not be banned. Unfortunately, this viewpoint kind of starts to break down when you get to nukes. But nevertheless.....perhaps humanity would benefit from the lessons learned by a random madman on the loose with a few nukes. Like not to build them in the first place.

But once a government has a weapon, its citizens should not be disallowed that weapon (not even "for their own good"). That is tyranny.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Unfortunately, this viewpoint kind of starts to break down when you get to nukes.

Nah it doesnt. Nuclear devices are cost prohibitive. If it were announced today that Walmart would carry nukes tomorrow they wouldnt sell one single device.

Not to mention that wanton destruction of life or property is a basic wrong.

So if Bill Gates wanted to drop a few million on a nuke and evaporate some private rock he owned out in the Pacific and he's prepared to make good on any law suit coming his way from all over the world relative to the potential hazards that explosion could create than by all means he should be able to.

He would be held more accountable than any government ever has been for all the testing that has been done all over the world.
edit on 27-11-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Just part of the disarm the US plan, UN gun control treaty. Obama has the list he is checking it twice, M1, M1a1, pistol grips, more the one shot, detachable clip, folding stock, and bi pod capable rifle pistol shot gun. Ammo will be next, deem them Mil and police use no more Privately owned owner ship. Just in time for Xmas, old st nick will bring the turn your gun in now slip.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I just posted that on the recent gun confiscation thread (gun confiscation - how they will do it). I have felt this for years....they will use it for revenue and try to make the added cost and registration a factor in discouraging gun ownership then they will use that registration to confiscate when the time is right (from their frame of reference).

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

AND (more important) they will try to do it via Executive Order bypassing the Congress. BUT (listen up NRA and GOA legal eagles) it will be a modification of the Gun Control Act of 1968 which is an Act of Congress so the legislative branch not the executive branch is the one to modifiy it.

edit on 27-11-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I tripple dog dare them to try this, there will be riots on the streets, in recent years semi-autos have been wildly popular, kids these days want the guns of Call of Duty and go with their daddy to shoot a .22LR AR-15 clone.

Besides, all the semi-autos on the "street" would have to be either grand-fathered in or by charged a tax, either way it would be a nightmare for them to track.

If they try this, i'll be picketing the white house lawn!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

The first rifle my son ever bought with his own money was a .22LR built as an AR15. We bought it the night before a .22LR shooting contest over the summer. It now sits in my gun case, needing to be repaired. A round misfed, the pin struck wrong, and now i have a breached round jammed in the chamber. It is mangled quite exquistiely.

Until i feel like paying a gunsmith to repair it, it will stay put up and will will fire the trusty bolt and lever actions that make up the rest of our collection(s).

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
That's easy enough to fix, just insert a rod and hammer it out.

Don't pay a gunsmith, look it up on youtube and do it yourself! become self-reliant.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I will not comply. Period.
This level of tyranny goes into effect and its war.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It is my fervent hope, and really my feeling, that a lot of this is pandering to the lefty support sicophants (sycophants?) so they can watch everyone to their right squirm as much as possible. This has become the game of politics and is what has kept many from participating in running the country by way of submitting their vote. Hence we have a bunch of sock puppets in the highest places. I suggest keeping your eye on other places and treat this as a gun banner's wet dream diversion.

This is not Australia. Even the craziest gun banners know if they try going house to house confiscating firearms or opening up turn-in sites like the big cities try to run after legislating it will have blow-back beyond their wildest nightmares.

There are so many semi-autos being bought right now it has crashed the FBI's servers twice already since, I believe, the election. The price on black rifles has skyrocketed and even the revolver I've been trying to buy my wife has gone up $600 to $1000.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Looking at this guys homepage (John Snyder) he hasn't been correct in hardly any of his 'predictions'. Claiming his latest 'intel' comes from 'confidential insiders' reads like another pro-gun propaganda piece. Honestly, doesn't anyone question sources anymore? Do you really believe this guy, John Snyder, has an insider with the Obama administration? Of course not, he's making BS up and the gullible are eating it up.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

If it were announced today that Walmart would carry nukes tomorrow they wouldnt sell one single device.

Absolutely wrong. There would be terrorist organizations, and some underdeveloped countries, and even some smaller developed countries that would be willing to pay hundreds of millions for a nuclear device.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
FWIW:

"According to confidential information," he said, "forces linked with the administration suggest the government classify semiautomatic firearms and multiple capacity ammunition feeding devices as Title 2 National Firearms Act items under the Gun Control Act of 1968.
link

Clinton did something similar in 94 independent of Congress reclassifying several shotguns as destructive devices.

This would make all semi autos and high cap magazines susceptible to the $200 transfer tax and a 6 month wait.

Seems unlikely. Way too many semi autos out there to keep track of and mags generally dont have serial numbers or any other identifying marks and are ultra numerous out there.

They cant even keep up with NFA transfers in todays figures. I can only imagine the massive failure that would be form 4ing every semi and every "high cap" magazine.

Fool me one, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. This is the exact same stuff that was making the rounds at this time four years ago. Nothing happened. And nothing will happen this time either. Obama has bigger fish to fry than this gun-nut paranoia.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

I am risk averse.

join