It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sci-Fi (u decide) The Dawn of a new Computer Age is upon us.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
as in past computer developments have changed the way we do things, this new paradigm is not only advanced, it is rightfully scary as to the power it will have over your every day life. In a way, you will not exist if you are not part of it.as the system will control every aspect like a farmer manages his farm.. some call it the mark of the beast.... and yes it is, it meets every requirement set forth in the bible.
I for one do not believe it is new though - I am saying we have been here before and we choose to destroy it maybe even a number of times through out the millenia. *I believe the bible describes this system as the anti-christ system and the book describes what christ is. I do not believe it predicts the future, as we have the right to choose - choose what ? christ of coarse - the more you stray from christ the more faster the anti-christ arrives.
the mark of the beast is UPC bar code - universal product code - and if you check out RFID you will see it contains the same system and yes you are a product under Meritime Admiralty Law *banking law. which we were tricked into adopting - well this is not about that subject but what you will need to survive the coming computer age - first off we know its based in Admiralty Law - which deals in owership, so rule number one become a owner - if you buy and hold a stock certificate then you have voting rights - I would purchase and take delivery of one share of stock in every major top tier technology company, this just might save your life -
now let me tell you about it. the companies that will control this new paradigm will all be involved in cloud computing. your personal computer will be trimmed down to a thin client that does not store anything - it only accesses your account (ROTOR) looks like a cog. a computer is nothing more than a communication device and this system contains every form of communication they all will flow through this ROTO the user and OTOR the system (R+OTO+R). all credits / debits / bills / invoices / everything will instantly clear with little imput from you as all corporations are government they are one / you will not have a job per say but a specialty the more advanced your specialty is the more credits you will receive / you would think the more the merrier not necessarily because everyone will pay a different price for the same stuff.
cloud computing, since everything has to go through your ROTO .this has major implecations to humans and their existance - as we are experiencing - the property rights have been erroded over the last 100+ yrs to prevent you from owning anything including your offspring. (notice most of these societial changes are over 150 years old) - now - the technology has freed man from the land - only 2% are farmers - that 2% feeds 7 billion people -- we would expect humans to have a much easier life of liesure (most of us recall the old movies where robots would wait on us hand and foot) - well, in a way they gave us a choice and for the most part people took the bait and are now truely useless eaters, they are fat, lazy - worthless. the system now has its victims - victims you might ask - - yes - - let me explain, you see starting back around 1942 - 43 time frame was the dawn of the tactical computer, the more a computer did the less humans had too - it created jobs - it gradually matured till today - now it is killing jobs as everything gets more effieceint and automated or computerized. now if you chart the rise of population and the decline of required man power - you will see the chart crosses right here the latter part of 2012 - and now is the Dawn of a new Computer Age called Cloud Computing. I dare you to try and go a day without interacting with computers. its almost impossible to avoid, when it is impossible is when the show really begins. whats next a few years say 6 to trim down your ability to influence the system - right now you have less choice than just a few years ago and they will continue to narrow - like the mill worker of old - your credits will only be good at the company store.... and that store controls everything about you - including when you will die and soon it will control how. as this paradigm matures the system will require fewer and fewer humans and thus like a farmer the system will manage its farm - and you are his cattle - better buy a share, its better to own than be owned.
edit on 27-11-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Technology no longer serves man, man serves technology.

Man's future will be decided by whatever intelligence develops out of that technology.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Bring back the Amiga 500!

Those were the days!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
First off, a bit of advice. Break your OP into some paragraphs man, I actually got a headache trying to read that wall of text.

So from what I can gather, you are afraid of cloud computing. Cloud computing is nice and all, and should be considered for inclusion in a proper backup strategy for your data, however personally I don't believe cloud computing will ever become the norm rather than an aside. The idea that everyone will give up local access to data and instead use thin clients is not something I agree with. One needs only look at pc gaming to see how much of a struggle it would be to get people to move to it. That's only one facet of computer use.

Sometimes people jump the gun, and connect dots that shouldn't be connected, then you get paranoia. Don't worry, cloud computing will not enslave you.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Would you rather die in a puddle from starvation? Only a few thousand years ago we were worried about how to keep lions from eating our god damn kids. In the future your biggest concern is what your gonna spend your apple bucks on to eat today.

If it wasnt for all the religious doomtarding there might be a more positive attitude about the future. The only house falling apart is the one built on sand.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
cloud computing is not big here in SA as our bandwidth and reliability is pathetic. That being said, I advise my client who are considering this option to be very wary - 2 things concern me currently:

1. The alarming trend for the US to bully/cajole/buy any data from almost anybody. I notice a lot of countries (the so-called defenders of our freedom) are becoming indistinguishable from the very people they claim are taking our freedoms (another case of "staring to long into the abyss"?).

2. The obvious and ever-present threat of hacking (and a lot of the time these crimes are inside jobs).

I recommend a normal backup strategy (hot or mirrored ... hell even tape) to a secure black site but depending on the business model certain non critical data may be decentralised if a compelling business case can be made.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

I've been in technology since the early 80's. I would take cloud computing very seriously, as it solves most of the problems with todays computing platforms.
1. if all data is available then it can be used in unique ways.
2. unauthorized access - hackers and leaked information.
3. cost
4. control
5. data marrage
etc. etc. etc..... Cloud Computing is here to stay. and there is not much anyone can do about it.
and I would like to make one simple comment - when I got my social security card it stated NOT TO BE USED FOR IDENTIFICATION... well, it is now being used for identification. (I was asked today to produce it) I burned it instead of a draft card at a protest in 1972.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

I tend to agree with your assessment that people will not move to cloud computing of their own accord.

However, I also see that the Apple model of business (a toll fee type of system where you don't own anything but a license) would be able to drive whatever computing model the industry decides upon. Open source is promising, but doesn't make itself credible with stability like you get with the "commercial" stuff. I dabble with Ubuntu, but it isn't what I need when I need to count on my OS to deliver.

They have created a culture of consumerism. Now all they have to do is slowly move towards whatever it is they want. The consumerists they feed will follow like lemmings.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

can you put this text in a readable format please.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Your statement the house built on sand is the one that will fall is very revealing,
ALL CHIPS ARE BUILT FROM SAND (silicon)
In your lack of understanding you have spoken prophetically but don't even know it.
ALL ELECTRONICS ARE FRAGILE AND THE BEAST SYSTEM WILL BE TEMPORARY.
These are the creators high level systems and will be taken back SUDDENLY.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

I am unable to edit as more than 4 hours have past.
sorry --

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I do take it seriously. As part of a data backup/use plan. No serious IT professional would rely on it solely. There is no 100% uptime for the internet. It just doesn't work as the sole way to access your data, whether you are a business or a private user. Could that change over time? Possibly, but not likely. Internet has been around a long time, and it still isn't 100% uptime, anywhere.

Now that's just taking into account being able to access your data. That's not even taking into account security concerns or upkeep costs for that kind of massive undertaking (holding everyone's data on cloud servers).

Can you see where I'm coming from? Why I think the premise of the thread is just a tad paranoid?

join