It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West ham fans accused of Anti-semetic taunts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
This is disgusting and I believe each and every one of those so-called fans should be arrested and banned from soccer matches for life. Its one thing to taunt opposition fans, its natural in some cases but to use the Holocaust is wrong.

A section of West Ham's support was reported to have mocked the gassing of Jews in the Holocaust and chanted about Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler during the London derby, which Tottenham won 3-1.

Tottenham have a significant fanbase in the Jewish community and an FA spokesman said it was "likely" that the governing body would launch a formal investigation once the match officials' reports had been received.

With that another event took place days earlier in Italy when Tottenham played Lazio in the Eurpoa League. A Totenham fan was stabbed and apparently the Anti Semetic taunts were also used in the incident. The West Ham fans apparently used that incident to incite their own taunts during the game against Tottenham.

West Ham supporters also sang "Viva Lazio", "Can we stab you every week?" and hissed on several occasions, mocking the mass execution of Jews during World War II.

The Community Security Trust (CST), an anti-Semitism monitoring charity, said it had received complaints from members of the Jewish community, including people who attended the game.

"The days of English football crowds making massed monkey noises are thankfully gone, but massed anti-Semitic chanting about Hitler and gassing was clearly heard yesterday from a loud section of West Ham fans," said CST spokesman Mark Garder.

I understand a lot happens with opposing soccer fans outside the actual game itself. But to belittle the Jewish communtiy about the Holocaust and who were most likely amongst the Tottenham supporters is below the belt. West ham supporters need to take a good look at themselves.. This is a case where I believe "Anti-Semitism" is the right term.. Or maybe even West Ham have got nothing better to do considering European football isn't on the cards any year

Link here

Spurs Fan attacked in Rome

Viva Manchester United

edit on 27-11-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Some football fans are f&£@ing idiots. I really have lost interest in the game recently, from the racism , the player over reactions, the diving, the lack of loyalty, the greed, the ownership of clubs. The whole thing is rotten and will eat itself if it's not careful.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Every teams got a group of retards, watch any Liverpool V's Man Utd and there will be airplanes and chants about the 96/Heysel stadium, surely it should be easy in the modern age with most teams now having databases for the season tickets to just look at a video of some incident and go section-4/row 6/seat 7 = Ivor Nobrains, living at.... and then just send around plod and once a few fans of each team have gotten a fat ban from a judge it'll soon lose its appeal

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
This sickens me.

It's a football match, people get called names.

"Oh no, oh no, we were called names. Don't they know that our great grand parents had a bad time once and that we need to pretend it still affects us all today?"

GROW UP and pay attention to your own generation's wickedness before you even dare to complain about being called names.

p.s. go to a football match one time, any time, notice EVERYONE gets called names and that it's all just a big joke, no one gets gassed, no one gets oppressed.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

When i was a kid, we were taught.

"Sticks and stones will break our bones, but names will never hurt us"

Wouldn't it just be easier to tell everyone to grow the # up?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Obviously not, but I don't think taunting people about the Holocaust and worshipping an Italian club for stabbing a supporter is the right way to go about things either. If West Ham want to start a fight, tell them to go pick on Millwall or something
maybe then they can make another movie also.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Particularly bad behavior. It has to be said though that Spuds fans do not help themselves by referring to themselves as the "Yid Army". That opens themselves up to abuse about their Jewish heritage.

It doesn't make it right or offer an excuse for it but it does mean that they have opened the door for chanting about it. On the other hand, there are plenty of songs to sing to the Spuds about their heritage that are more "jokey" (ok, still offensive but in that sporting banter way).

This is very wrong but it is rival fans singing at a football game, a derby at that. I cannot help feeling that wrong as it is, this is being blown out of proportion.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

If I was to say the same on facebook or on any other social media site, I would be hunted down arrested and most likely put in jail. I understand the fans love to ive each other sh!t, I would be one of them lol, but I think the Jew taunts are going a bit overboard. As for the Viva Lazio, do West ham actually think they would be sitting there sinking pints with Lazio fans if they were to ever make the Europa league and play against them?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Totally understand your viewpoint and can't honestly say i disagree...........at the same time, being totally honest, i would have to admit to being involved in a bit of Spud baiting over the years with a bit of the old classic "He's only a poor little yiddo" ( i have a Jewish mate that weirdly loves that song
).

I have to say though that these chants were of a different order entirely. I do not mind insulting chants at sports grounds, provided they are at least slightly funny. These though were just nasty and fully intended to cause offence and anger. That crosses that old imaginary line.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
It is shame that a small group of people have to spoil it for every one like!
Not all football fans are like this but the ones that do give every one a bad name, im just glad to see that West Ham are dealing with them properly.
Good on them for doing whats right.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
No to racism including religious goading.
England is multicultural.
Why cant some accept this?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Feyenord Fans also sing " Hamas Hamas Gas the jews " to Ajax fans because Ajax was a predominantly Jewish town prior to world war 2 when it was practically flattened and millions died.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

edit on 20-1-2013 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join