It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Skyscraper Reaches Milestone At WTC Site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Adorned by an American flag, the final steel beam was set in place on Thursday, completing the steel frame for the new skyscraper that will replace the WTC building 7, that was destroyed during the terrorist attacks on 9/11/2001.

www.cnn.com
The last steel beam of the 52-story building to replace what was known as 7 World Trade Center was placed at the top of the 750-foot tower in an afternoon ceremony attended by New York Gov. George Pataki, Mayor Mike Bloomberg and several hundred construction workers.

The beam was adorned with an American flag.

"Three years after terrorists brought down 7 World Trade Center, our strength and resolve is putting it back up," Bloomberg said.

Construction has been under way for two years, and the building is slated to be ready for occupancy at the end of next year.

It rises across the street from the northern end of the 16-acre WTC site where the Twin Towers stood.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

No. 7 WTC was the last of the complex's buildings to be built in the 1980s, and was the last to collapse on September 11 after burning for seven hours.

The narrower, new 7 WTC, which could yet be renamed, will include 1.6 million square feet of office space with a 45-foot high lobby with a glassy facade to let in light. It is estimated to cost $700 million.

The first 10 floors will be occupied by a Con Edison power substation replacing one that was there before.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I hope they remembered to prewire it for explosives before they start the build out.

I hope they name it "Cortland."

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Building 7 was the last to fall. And the first to be built.

I wonder if floors 21-24 are going to be reenforced, like 6 months prior to 9-11.

new topics

join