It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gangnam Style tops Bieber!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well, good news everyone! The silly and vastly entertaining Gangnam Style video has become the most viewed video on youtube, beating out a Justin Bieber video. It is over 800,000,000 views and will most likely be the first video to recieve 1,000,000,000 views. Thank you, you crazy little Korean guy.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

What? No link?

Here ya go!

I showed it to my daughter, who is buried in her career, for the first time over Thanksgiving!

We laughed, and then she said what I thought that little Korean was saying all along:

OPEN CONDOM STYLE!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I think they both suck! God Bless America (Korea?).

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Lydia Callis got even more style then both singer together
and she dont even have to say a word .. her signs are enought

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I dont under stand this s#^t

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Wooooooooooot

Spiegle has been a fan of Gangnam since day one!

Heyyyyyyyyy sexy lady, opan gangnam style!!!

SS

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
this is a sign of a demented generation. if you look really hard, you can just see it; the cartoonish version of everything where kids are plugged in 24/7 to a mobile hub device, 3d headsets etc whatever tech... all drooling and drinking pepsi and eating macdonalds and red bull.

Next time you go for a drive, check how many different model cars you see near the shops. Where I am, Holden, Ford, Toyota, and Mitsubishi. A rare few others but this I noticed.. like clones, each one with an emblem of it's owner on it's bonnet.

and the day it makes news that bieber has been defeated by a korean guy who pretends to ride an invisible horse and then do crazy legs.. i ever said the words.. to what can .. you can't call it music.. it's just a beat. groovy to some, irritating to others, it motivates you to move either way. Just try not to be in the way of each other if you happen to have opposite effects.

oh frabjous day...

Ps I hear that in Canada they boo'ed him, ehh?

Ahh that also made my beak chirpy.

edit on 27-11-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Well at least it's funny and entertaining. It's so much better than this one. Remember how bad?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

hahaha. my children helped in this cause, one day when i was doing the ats thing my little ones came up and said what u looking at dad. i responded with, "researching". they asked about what?. i then started to explain and almost instantly the lost interest since i was talking ats stuff. i saw that they were looking to interact with me so i said "hey do u want to see a funny song. and sure enough they were all about it. so i hit youtube up and pull up gungnam style. they were stoked. a couple days later they come up a little before bed and say, dad can we watch gungnam style. i said sure, brought it up on my phone and let them watch. they sat on the couch and watched it, then they replayed it and watched again, and then again. at this point i wanted to see when they would lose interest, so i let them be. after the 13th time i relized they would not stop, so i sent them to bed. that music video is probly one of the best music videos of our time, it has everything from humor, to drama and almost everthing in between all rolled up into a one music video, i believe that video alone has destructed the attention span of many around the globe and looked good while doing it

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
i lovet hat song

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
what am gangname style?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Not sure where you're getting at. Normally, I don't even listen to pop, or much modern music at all. Gangnam Style is catchy, so what? Also, the whole song is a joke making fun of the kids that hang out in the Gangnam district of Seoul. Either way, it's more entertaining than that Bieber guy. PSY knows he's rediculous, that's the point.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

I haven't even thought about that song in years, now it's stuck in my head, just from the mention of it. I hope you realize, this means war...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch

I haven't even thought about that song in years, now it's stuck in my head, just from the mention of it.

Awe, I'm so sorry about that.

I hope you realize, this means war...

Take this! Bwaahaha.

That oughta wash the Macarena out of your head!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Don't make me Rick Roll you...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

WOW! That's too cruel. You do mean war, don't you!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Will this be the shiny bauble that distracts everyone before, Bam! sudden distruction?

Oppa Gangnam Style!

I do like the the video Gangman Style though. There might be a spiritual side to the song, I do wonder about that if there is something to it relating to its popularity.

I have looked at the lyrics. PSY himself in interviews has said he was making his video as rediculous as possible. MTV interviews PSY

I think concealed in the fun of this song is a deep serious message of committed love.
Here is how I would sing the lyrics in english if I were to make a parody.
Areumdawo sarangseureowo -- Beautiful and adorable,
Geurae neo hey geurae baro neo hey -- yes you are, hey, oh yes you are, hey
Jigeumbuteo gal dekkaji gabolkka -- Now we'll be together til the enddddddd! - (My Lyric Version)

top topics

join