It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Republican Slams BushCo.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Here's yet another Christian conservative Republican bailing and urging people to vote for Kerry. I'm heartened by it. There actually are a lot of Republicans who see BushCo. for what they really are. Hopefully enough defections will alone give the election to Kerry.

The Last Straw - Carl Worden Makes
His Vote Official
Carl F. Worden

That's it, I've had it.

I've been a registered Republican since I pulled my first lever in a voting booth, and I've voted as a loyal Republican for Republican candidates consistently every year. I am 55 years of age. I am considered a right-wing Christian conservative and strict constitutionist who knows the Framers of the Constitution expected strict adherence to that original document unless and until it is amended.

You don't get much more conservative and constitutionally-minded than I am, and that is why I just cast my Oregon vote-by-mail ballot for Democrat John Kerry as the next president of the United States. So did my wife -- and she's a very independent thinker. I know there are thousands of lifelong Republican/Independent conservatives who are going to do the same thing on November 2nd, because they've written and told me so.
www.sierratimes.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Whoa, I know is a lot of things going around and how bushes rallies are so confined and protected but now they even thin out the audience for wearing the "wrong" T-shirts, its bush that much hated in this country that they are afraid of a T-shirt picture and worlds?

I tell you is 2 new votes in my house and they ain't going to be for bush.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Excellente'!

When our leaders are that afraid, it's time to show them the door. This administration is fascist to its core and must be removed. Otherwise, history will repeat itself.

Bush supporters should go watch "The Haulocaust" or "Schindler's List" and re-aquaint themselves with Hitler and what he did. WATCH them! Support for Bush = FASCISM. Hitler would be lovin' it. You Bushies proud of that? Do you have the balls to stand up and admit it? Stand up and be counted if you're so proud of your ethnocentricism!

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Any whacko can call himself a former Republican. ECK, you have proved that.

Democrats have been doing this for years, in fact there is training on how to do this. You see them every once in a while on talk-radio, they are called seminar callers, and no matter how good they are trained, you can spot them in a second.

I read this guys article, there is no doubt this guy is phony.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Could you please elaborate on how exactly you have no doubt of this assertion of yours?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Hey I can call myself a former Republican because I voted for Bush in 2000. Now that I'm waking up to reality and seeing what's really going on, I'm neither a Republican nor a Democrat. I just look at the fact and determine for myself who would make a good President. And right now it isn't Bush. Kerry IMO is the lesser of the two evils at this point. Yes, Kerry has made some mistakes and has called himself a flip-flopper but Bush has done alot worse.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Democrats have been doing this for years, in fact there is training on how to do this. You see them every once in a while on talk-radio, they are called seminar callers, and no matter how good they are trained, you can spot them in a second.

I too have doubts about this guy and this article. First of all, I didn't see where he actually saw the alleged incident. I don't think he was there himself at all. So, what he is spreading is hearsay at best.

Google him and you'll be surprised, or maybe you won't. He supposedly just changed his mind about voting Republican; a cursory check showed he said the same thing on 02-02-04. And probably earlier than that.

The woman in the photo holding a 5 year old at a protest rally at night? The child belonged at home at night, IMO.

He blames Nixon for Nam? A Democrat started it; Nixon merely brought the troops home.

The man is a complete and utter kooky-bird. You can do better than that, can't you ECK?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Maybe next time people wearing t-shirts with a freedom slogan should be whacked a few times and thrown into the freedom of speach circle.

It's where democracy lives right?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The most advanced nation on this planet, (so some say), with a pres. that would tell all other nations how to conduct themselves, can't seem to be able to get their act together and plan an election properly.
It is so evident that trickery will affect the outcome and the future really looks bleack for all concerned, which includes the whole planet.
I'm rather glad that I will probably not be there to witness the outcome.
At least, I can remember better days when honesty was much more obvious or trickery was not....so obvious.
Who knows?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by fromnorth
The most advanced nation on this planet, (so some say), with a pres. that would tell all other nations how to conduct themselves, can't seem to be able to get their act together and plan an election properly.

In a way I agree with you. Amen to that.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Does anyone else see the intellectual zero tactic at work?
Carseller can't handle the fact that a lot of Republicans can actually think for ourselves and might just disagree with the party line. Boo Hoo. This Republican ain't changin' parties and I will call MY party on the mat whenever they need to be. Call me what you want Carseller. It's pretty sad, though, that you can't learn to agree to disagree and have to rely on personal insults to make points. PATHETIC.

I've got a tin foil hat for you! Talk about paranoid.

You say. Anyone who disagrees with you would be a phony. When the real Republicans take back our party from the FASCISTS, you poseurs are gonna havta follow Pat Robertson & the NeoCons on outta the party into your own little marginalized militant party of sexists, racists and homophobes. Good luck.
You're gonna need it.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It's pretty sad when your own family members are pleading for Americans not to vote for them. I commend them for speaking out.

"Bush Relatives for Kerry" grew out of a series of conversations that took place between a group of people that have two things in common: they are all related to George Walker Bush, and they are all voting for John Kerry. As the election approaches, we feel it is our responsibility to speak out about why we are voting for John Kerry, and to do our small part to help America heal from the sickness it has suffered since George Bush was appointed President in 2000. We invite you to read our stories, and please, don't vote for our cousin!
www.bushrelativesforkerry.com...

new topics

top topics

join