It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Wildlife Fund....BLEH

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Okay I don't know about any of you but the World Wildlife Fund sickens me.
My girlfriend decided to donate simply because she wanted the calender they were giving out,the WWF was claiming to stop the deforestation and help whatever animal they're exploiting for some quick cash.
Now here's where my blood vessels start to burst...
After my gf's ONE donation they just DON'T stop pestering her with mountains and mountains of mail trying to get MORE of her money....
Ummm I thought the world wildlife fund was supposed to help stop deforestation and here they are wasting tons of paper (I am sure they spam other donators as bad as us) don't they know it takes trees to make that paper they're wasting?!?!why not just get our e-mail and send us newsletters or something???
Seriously I don't know if the WWF is for real or not...there is no way to tell what our donations are contributing to.
Wildlife or Lavish life....

any thoughts??

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Here's a link to the Charity Navigator page which rates WWF. www.charitynavigator.org...
For financials, they're given two stars out of four, and spend about 27% of their income on admin and fundraising. Their head makes a little under half a million dollars a year.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
thanks for the reply
hmmmm still something doesn't quite sit right with me about the WWF...
Trust,I would like to believe they are using a lot of their donations towards wildlife,I really do hope they are...but it just doesn't "feel" right...
Also if WWF really cared I feel they should take initiative to stop contributing towards the cutting down of trees...
idk if you have ever donated to WWF but seriously almost EVERYDAY we get something in the mail from them asking us to donate MORE...whether it is recycled or not surely switching to mostly e-mail newsletters and notifications and rarely sending actual paper mail would be more efficient.
edit on 26-11-2012 by ArtOfTrance because: typo

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I've hated these guys ever since they made the World Wrestling Federation change their name!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

HAHAHAHA I think of the World Wrestling Federation everytime I see a World Wildlife Fund commercial!!LOL the WWF xD

top topics

join