It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solid jolt in Apple Valley Ca.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Maybe it's just me, but I gotta ask since you're a fellow Apple Vallian, but doesn't it seem that (locally) we have been very light on earthquakes these past few years? I'm not complaining, it just seems like they used to be a bit more frequent around here.
reply to post by ZombieJesus

I hope im wrong but maybe thats the calm before the storm

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

LOL wife thought u were on ATS again thus slamming doors at yet again another mindless attack on you and not your thoughts in cyberspace. ATS is a better place for the likes of you Randy.... As my ole Drill Sarge Pace used to say, "Put your Arse* to the blast!" * insert three letter word saying the same thing.....

Having flown home 24 hrs before the 89 SF earthquake I had just got across the GG Bridge and was on the Madera / San Rafael flyover. The flyover when constructed sank some 13 pylons before hitting rock to secure the fly over. I was listening to KFOG classic rock station to which the DJs were going crazy. My Englander wife said this is serious. We felt nothing I look at the driver next to me and we both shrugged our shoulders. I said to my wife that LOL this is Orson Wells "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast Ver 2. As we were on solid rock we did not feel anything for those who may not know the 06 quake shook rock this 89 shook clay and thus we were ignorant of the 7.1 quake. We got to Terra Linda the highest mountain whereas a great friend was holding a party for our visit and of course the World Series Oakland against San Francisco. To this day I feel that this World Series was a God Like Intervention. The quake hit at 1701hrs whereas most people would be quiting and joining the rat race to get home the commuters night mare. Only that day had the largest Blue Flu that ever hit the Bay Area, There were so little deaths and injuries because people were home watching or preparing to watch the World Series. When I got to the "Hawks" house (overlooks Lucas Valley Road and Skywalker ranch) Tom looked at me wide eye and yelled did you feel it? I laughed out loud whilst giving my friend a big hug as its been 2 years since I last saw him I said you are listening to KFOG too. He said no no it happened and yes I was. You should have seen the computers jumping up and down on my ping pong table. Tom n I were people who help changed the computer world. Long story short he said go out and see my hot tub as the swimming pool has stopped. Sure enough the hot tub still had waves. I looked at Tom and said how could y'all have an earthquake without me being present.

Watch out for the after shock Randy. Star n Flags your way and thanks for the news otherwise we would never have heard of this here in Englanderville!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IceHappy

Thank you Happy ! What a delightful post!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yeah we had a 4. something quake here a few years back up here in washington state, and it shook the heck out of us, and my friends not too many miles away barely felt anything. Scared me worse than I ever think I was scared in my life lol. Fear has never been a big thing in my life, so it was not well received by me lol Now I watch the west coast quake threads diligently when they pop up here and there.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

As I do also my fine member, with the cool, canine Coop moniker. ATS is a faithful servant of quality real time information. And wading thru the muddy waters of hype, is an essential task that can be mastered quite easily
even for a member with zero journalistic experience as per my experience.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join