It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand's History -a radical point of view-.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
www.zealand.org.nz...

A very informitive and researched site presenting many articles most Kiwi's will be very ignorant of. A real eye opener -Conspricy in little New Zealand- Many will belive the arguments presented at this site. Maybe New Zealand should think about re-writing its history books and rethink the validity of the treaty of waitangi.

Interested in hearing some replys.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I'm not sure this is "wildly" radical, Maddas.
The Maori had to come from somewhere.
It's pretty much established that their language(s) are a branch of Malayo-Polynesian (as in Indonesia, Malaysia etc and half way across the Pacific.
Mechanics and origins ae disputed ("waves" or continuous: China or the Malay peninsula. But, they do seem to have been phenomenal seamen/sailors.
Sounds quite possible to em: at least in essence,

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It's always a great shame that such cultures lack "history" in our Western textual sense.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I say that (a) because in general, when the white man first encountered them (S.America, Africa..take your pick), the cultures were dismissed as the folly of godless primitives and either actively wiped out or left to wither on the vine.
Secondly, there has been a tendency for such work as has been done to be the focus of self-motivated Western apologists of various shades of pink with the net result that "guilt trips" are everywhere.
Or the work of indigenous people, in the conqueror's tongue, inspired as much by anger or a desire for retribution, than any scholarship.
Consequently, fair, impartial skilled historians have tended to stay away.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
It may not seem radical to some one who may not know or understand New Zealand History or the political system as it relates to The Treaty of Waitangi.

I found it especially interesting the notes on the Stone structures found in the Waipoua Forest. Structure's closely garded my the local Hapu (Sub tribe). These structures where investigated extensively, and even carbon dated. The results from this investigation have never been made public and have been locked away in the national archive's, to be released at a date that all treaty claims current and expected have all been settled.
What did these results show?, did they indicate a Geomantic Celtic link to New Zealand that greatly precedes Maori colonisation. We as children at school are taught that the Maori where the first inhabitants of New Zealand. The mori-ori being the inhabitants of the Chatam Islands.

Scientific studies show the likelyhood that the Maori are descendant from an asian group around the islands of Taiwan. Before coming to New Zealand from the island of Hiwaiki somemay have made it to South America, or were visited from parties from there, since the stable vegetable (Kumara a sweet patatoe) in the diet is not indigenous to the island's or New Zealand.
The Theory's put foward on this site dispute's many of the "taken for granted" conventional ideas of New Zealand History.
Igonorance, it is to me that we New Zealanders have not asked these questions earlier, or have made the ideas and theories wildly know in the various learning establishments of New Zealand.

I myself do not belive that if this made its way into conventional New Zealand History and acceptance that it would affect the laws regarding the Treaty.

What we can say, is there is a highly likely chance that New Zealand was inhabited at varous times before the Maori colonisation c.700A.D.; and New Zealand was discovered many time's before the conventional discoveries of Able Tasman and Capt. James Cook. That the Maori may have traded or at least have been visited by other Nationalities. Finally in conclusion, That what we New Zealanders accept as conventional is probably wrong. Here we are thinking we are a young country with very little History. Stopping there and not asking anymore questions, therefore not learning anything.

Maori legend tells us a great warrior, Tane. Fished a great fish from the sea. That fish became the North Island, the South Island the boat, and Stewart Island the Anchor. Lets rock the boat.

How did they know that the North Island looks like a big stingray any way?

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Estragon I do belive that you've missed the point.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Very interesting read there Maddas...

...I once did a thesis on the 'Great Migration' of the Maori (being one myself
)...studying the saying "No Hawaiiki Nui, Hawaiiki Roa, Hawaiiki Pamamao" which some Maori say to indicate where they came from...

...there is much evidence to suggest that the ancestors of modern Maori made an extraordinary trek through many different continents...there are numerous cultures and peoples which share similar customs around events such as birth, marriage, death - events that are common to all peoples, even similar words for concepts like God/s, love, hate, war, male, female...things and words that are unlikely to change all that much regardless of time...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 03:03 AM
link   

[Edited on 6-5-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 03:13 AM
link   
looks like a good game, whats it like?

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 06:43 AM
link   
OMG new zealand story the video game LMAO i havnt seen that in ages, the arcade game was great fun, the commadore 64 version wasnt as good but it was still heaps of fun, i loved that game

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
i forgot all about that game!!!
thanks for reminding me.
il have to go check it out now,
i remember it being kinda good for its time

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Searching through, "archeological anomalies" in New Zealand and Australia, you get the impression that the whole worlds history has to be re-written and that's before you look into the anomalies of the rest of the world. But most of all you have to wonder why the world hasn't pounced on studying the many strange finds instead of ignoring and even "burying" them.

new topics

top topics

join