It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu Shot: How many have gotten them? And Why? Any Problems?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
How many of you have gotten flu shots? And why? Any Problems?

I just got mine. Im a Peds Critical care transport Nurse and get exposed every year.

[edit on 10/22/04 by FredT]

[edit on 10/22/04 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I don't think I have which is lukcy because i read a book about a teen spy stopping the badies when they used a technology called invisible sword and how it works is: there are tiny microbes in the flu shots covered by a gold coating filled with poison and when a terahertz beam is activated the gold dissentergrates and the poison is released. The author insists the technology is real.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Did the FluMist thing, second year I've used this prophylactic vice a conventional flu shot. No needles, greater efficacy and since it's only approved for healthy 5-49 year olds it doesn't impact the high risk groups and the current shortage.

I'm a healthcare worker.

p.s. The "tiny microbes" in FluMist are Platinum covered, added "Bling, Bling" for the vaccine conscious.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I get mine every year because the government sets up extended hour clinics and provides it free, no questions asked. I really get annoyed with people who say things like "I had one once and was never sicker" Thats not the shot's fault.

There is a larger reason to get a shot people, its not so YOU don't get sick, its so YOU don't become complicit in an epedemic.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I did not and will not get a flu shot. My 3 year old twins, who were healthy, were given one. The Pediatrician recommended it and when I asked her about the shortage she said there wasn't a shortage YET and that was why they should go ahead and get one.

Within 48 hours of getting the shot both twins came down with the flu. Of course, when they had their vaccination for chicken pox they both came down with that as well and the chances of contracting chicken pox from the vaccine is something like .001%.

I'm not getting flu shots for my other 2 children. I don't want to take any chances of them having the same reaction from the vaccine that my twins had!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Everybody I know that gets the flu shot ends up getting the flu anyway, whereas I've never had the government needle b4, and I never get the flu. Touch wood....no not that wood.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Zero Point]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I've never gotten the flu shot myself...it's always been available, but I don't see the point...I enjoy a good cold every once in a while
Get some time off work...make some home made chicken soup...watch a movie....

Seriously though...I was actually watching 60 minutes the other night and they interviewed a group of women against giving any form of vaccinations to their children - One lady said something like, "Well, if my child gets the measles we'll just take our chances, I'm sure he can survive..."
...I'm sure she thought of better ways she could have put that after it aired....

I don't think everyone needs the flu shoot - only those at risk - those who suffer from AIDS, are elderly, or infants....other vaccinations, of course...as deevee said:

There is a larger reason to get a shot people, its not so YOU don't get sick, its so YOU don't become complicit in an epedemic.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I have never had the flu shot, I will never get the flu shot. CHENEY GOT HIS THOUGH!

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I haven't. I just got some Zinc though. The thing that keeps the flu away is jogging two miles everyday and living in a warm place. Also, washing your hands is an enormous help.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by ktprktpr]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
I have never had the flu shot, I will never get the flu shot. CHENEY GOT HIS THOUGH!

Bill Clinton got his, what's the difference? They are both high risk individuals, and should get their flu shots.

Just think, your personal sacrifice (or failure to "Deny Ignorance", depends on your perspective) provided one of these men with the opportunity to get their flu shot... Patriotism at its finest.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I usually get the flu shot, but I am passing this year due to the shortage.

My father was recently diagnosed with CLL(leukemia) and was told he needs to get the flu shot, but there's nothing to give yet. I work for a Hematology/Oncology dept. and we haven't received anything yet. I read that 50 people have died already in NY due to the flu. Capitol Hill has no problem getting the shot delivered. Why is it that patients who have cancers and such are not getting first dibs?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I never get a flu shot, I just hope everyone knows that the shot contains MERCURY
Sure lets put heavy metals into my body no thanks...

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
I haven't. I just got some Zinc though. The thing that keeps the flu away is jogging two miles everyday and living in a warm place. Also, washing your hands is an enormous help.

Time to "Deny" people. I know it's a lot more fun to snuggle in the warm bosom of "anecdotal evidence" than the harsh light of "Super Science" (thanks Dr. Venture
). Being healthy (exercising, proper diet, and rest) will ensure a strong immune system, and help ward off a myriad of infectious diseases, but you can still get the flu. Likewise, living in a warm environment does nothing to reduce the likelihood of the flu, epidemics are more closely related to population density, and travel patterns of people in that area. Washing hands is great, nobody does it enough, the problem is Influenza is an airborne infection.

Couple of links about the Myths (there are a bunch).

www.lungusa.org...

www.drdonnica.com...

top topics

join