It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AZ. Gun Store owner - Bans People who voted for Obama -

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I can;t believe I'm the first person to flag this thread.
I find it hilarious and very shrewd on the part of the owner.
Politicians milk it for everything it's worth, why shouldn't he?
(Where's the ACLU lawsuit over "discrimination" about this?)

edit on 26-11-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I expect backwards non informed ignorance from Arizona.
More with every passing day. Just like I expect members who applaud
Ahole behavior to be as backwards as the state itself.
There are so many things that are just plain wrong in most of the above posts
that there is no sense in disputing them. Enjoy your backward lives.

Let's look at two of Arizona's best, and learn why they are the undisputed heroes of ignorance.

"Sheriff" Joe Arpaio; Papers please if you are brown law.
Especially if you're brown and president. Birth of the birthers.
I'm betting Joe & his buddies at the Arizona ATF will be found to have false flagged
the whole FAST AND FURIOUS scandal. As well as the current voter fraud investigation.
Funny how anti Obama scandals are always
Arizona Florida Ohio or Wisconsin .

"Governor" Jan Brewer; yes, papers please...oh, why?
Because brown people are cutting the heads off of decent much lighter skinned
legitimate citizens and we are finding them in our deserts.(look it up she said it,
never happened though) but it'll sell more guns and scare them into supprting draconian
laws that don't effect them because of their preferred color.

Arizona is hands down the WORST.
And that's saying something when Florida is in the running.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
And how does he KNOW who voted for Obama?

Do they have a mark on their forehead or something?

No, they're easy to identify. For starters they have that kind of far away look; like the lights are on but no one is home. Generally they need help with everything, like it's too hard to do it on their own. They blame everyone else and never accept personal responsibility. Their entire life is a bumper sticker slogan. Finally, they'll try to buy their gun with "Obama money" - food stamps, welfare check, government phone etc...

See, it's easy to pick an Obama voter out of crowd once you know what to look for.

On a serious note - this is a private business and he retains the right to do business with whomever he chooses.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I can;t believe I'm the first person to flag this thread.
I find it hilarious and very shrewd on the part of the owner.
Politicians milk it for everything it's worth, why shouldn't he?
(Where's the ACLU lawsuit over "discrimination" about this?)

edit on 26-11-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

It is a private business and therefore not subject to laws governing "discrimination" with exception to employment. He retains his right as an individual to engage, or not engage, in commerce with whomever he so chooses.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by jimmyx

That really doesn't make sense. I know just as many Obama supporters who own firearms as Romney supporters. People exercising the right to bear arms is one of the biggest things that both political parties have in common.

The biggest difference being whose are registered versus whose are not and which have been used in the commission of crime.
KIDDING!

But I have to disagree with you here. Who enacted the last weapons ban??? Whose elected officials are once again touting another weapons ban? Nope, the Democrats have ZERO interest in people's right to bear arms! They've demonstrated this countless times through their political under-takings.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Idk I think it's funny.
3rd party voters should get 50% off. Ha.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

The sign read: “If you voted for Barack Obama, your business is not welcome at Southwest Shooting Authority. You have proven you’re not responsible enough to own a firearm.”

That's awesome

But let's get real here people who voted for Obama like free stuff.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

you have a point - if your getting free stuff you cant afford a gun... so, by default Obama's under gunned - in more ways than one - yuck yuck yuck....

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well, maybe the owner of the store figures if he limits the population to a certain group he can draw people in from that group to buy his overpriced products. It is just an advertising gimmick, one that could be very dangerous. He wins if someone comes in and says they voted for Romney even if they don't. Chances are that Obama voter will definitely spend money just because they think they are getting away with something.
Why can't I think of scams like that, probably because I am honest. Oh well, I guess I am not destined to get rich.....except for my name

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

I supported Obama and I could afford to buy a lot of guns if I wanted to. Do you think that people who didn't agree with Romney's policies have to be poor? If the Republicans had chosen someone that was not a puppet for big corporate interests in exporting our jobs and giving corporations even more power I would have definitely voted for him. I know Obama does the same thing, but Obama was the lesser of two evils in my book Maybe next time the Republicans will choose a real candidate for a change, those puppets are just not real.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

That's funny, because everyone I know owns firearms, and about half of the people I know are Democrats.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
do people who didn't vote at all get free ammo?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

So for the Democrats who own guns I have a couple of questions:

Do you all think it is ok to make people wait 6 months for a silencer?

Do you think it is ok for government to tell you how many rounds your guns can hold,what it looks like, and how many rounds it can fire with the pull of a trigger?

For those class 3 weapons having to waiting months to get approval to get a full auto and paying 200 bucks ontop of the already thousands of dollars for that weapon??

And then should there be a limit on how many rounds of ammo can be bought online?

edit on 26-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You would have to ask them, as I am a Republican and I don't feel the need to purchase a silencer or a fully automatic weapon.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

Hm guns at Walmart.......I want an AR15 or an AK, NOT at walmart(they don't sell Assault rifles).You know, one thing I have noticed about politically correct liberals is they DO NOT shut up.Conservatives sit there quietly but progressives jabber.That would be an easy way to tell(or if they hold the gun by the barrel.)The other thing I have noticed is when you hand one of these people a gun,particularly those from higher income origins, they are frightened of the gun and handle it like it will explode.Then once they have fired a few shots almost every human being I have ever met gets an evil smile and fires off a volley of rapid fire shots and giggles or laughs. Every single time I have been shooting with anyone for he first time this is inevitable.
My point is guns are fun,liberals don't like that,so they wouldn't seek to buy them anyway.
It is funny though.

edit on 26-11-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: misspelled

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by jimmyx

That really doesn't make sense. I know just as many Obama supporters who own firearms as Romney supporters. People exercising the right to bear arms is one of the biggest things that both political parties have in common.

how dare you imply that Obama does not want to repeal the 2nd amendment hand force everyone to hand back their firearms!!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

I have a question for Republicans that own guns...Do you recognize the reality gap between Fox News and ...well...reality?

Despite the perception is that Mr. Obama is anti-gun rights (gun shop owners say fear of his policies drives strong gun sales), he has repeatedly reaffirmed the right to bear arms.

Indeed, the only gun-control laws he has signed as president have been to expand gun rights – allowing guns on national park lands and Amtrak trains.

www.csmonitor.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Want to try agian?

Just because you have an individual right doesn't mean the state doesn't have the right to restrain.

Calling like it is without any facts.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Want to try agian?

Good grief - and I even included a wink on my post!!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Do you all think it is ok to make people wait 6 months for a silencer?

Do you think it is ok for government to tell you how many rounds your guns can hold,what it looks like, and how many rounds it can fire with the pull of a trigger?

For those class 3 weapons having to waiting months to get approval to get a full auto and paying 200 bucks ontop of the already thousands of dollars for that weapon??

And then should there be a limit on how many rounds of ammo can be bought online?

edit on 26-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Since there technically isnt any such thing as a "silencer" as propelled into our imaginations by hollywood the question is somewhat moot. On the flip side, as someone who was in the 10th mountain div. I think suppressors are cool as hell and would love to have one on every weapon in my safe. I think a 6 month wait is kind of excessive as long as everything else is in order and your stamps/permits are up to date.

All of my guns only hold one round in the chamber so I'm not quite sure I follow the 1st part here. As to what my guns look like, no i find the the fear mongering over "military" looking weapons is just that, fear mongering. as to what looks like a question on semi vs full auto... I have no issues with my semi auto rifles. and you can legally buy a fully auto rifle or machine gun. as long as it was made before 1986 and you have the appropriate permits and paperwork filed.

As for ammo limits online, I go to a lot of gunshows and don't see a huge difference between buying supplies there as opposed to online. The only issue I've ever run into online is due to living in NYS and we've got some wonky legislation regarding preban mags but no issues with ammo and I'd like to see it stay that way personally.I've got enough preban mags in various caliber and configurationsto tide me over so it's not something I've given a lot of thought to.

In the end as far as federal guidelines/legislation I've got no qualms. NY's gun laws are pretty overreaching and would like to see them dialed back a notch. With that said, I live within an hour drive of Massachusettes which under Mitt Romney passed such insane gun laws that it made NY look like a bastion of freedom. If you think he would've been in favor of less stringent legislation than Obama you're kidding yourself.

My 4 year old has been running in and out of the room jumping on my lap every 30 seconds so if I missed something or you want me to clarify something further, just let me know.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join