It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Torture Television - Animal Cruelty Warning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Oh my, I am normally a pretty level headed person. Even when people tick me off, I remain pretty calm, have done most of my life as well. But I am mad as hell right now.

So so mad...
I do warn you of this video before hand. How this actually got the rubber stamp of approval for TV is beyond me..?? I'm really mad, mad at myself mainly. Why? Because I laughed. It was pretty funny to watch.
Then afterwards I felt like a dirty street worker, reduced to the lowest denominator for a cheap laugh.

Those snakes are suffering against their will, crammed in a bucket which would be making them warm and highly active, then plunged into freezing water. Those animals are freaking the fudge out.
They are in fear for their lives, not just the girl trying to get her obligatory 5 minutes of TV fame, but those animals who should never be allowed to suffer that type of trauma ever again. Especially for us to laugh.

I'm really cross with myself over this, and have thought deeply on it since I saw the video the other day. I felt if at least I have some courage to admit my momentary enjoyment it might go some way to think before I chuckle next time. Especially at american TV shows.

By the way, why are INTELLIGENT educated people not given the host job on TV these days, it seems the fouler the person the better. GRrr! Steve-O made a movie about how much drugs and booze he consumes. And he is the host... It's disgusting, there is so little hope for our children when this sort of bull is our entertainment. Are we not supposed to be civilised?

(EDIT)
The "funny" just keeps going!

Those animals are again being trapped, exploited and tortured. This is going way too far beyond decency now.
edit on 26-11-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Who the hell watches this garbage anyway?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

Me!
Well, I was linked to it via the web anyway.

I was amused, then appalled when it sank in. I feel so dirty.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I see what you mean, I laughed too but I do feel a little bad for doing so.

On a side note, those looked like cool snakes. I want one.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
hopefully one day, the show will live true to its name.

2nd.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Glad to know I'm not the only one to feel that way!

Those really are cool snakes (pun not intended, I'm guessing it must feel like a heart attack for them). I'd be far more interested to see the buckets handed over to David Attenborough and lets learn something about them. Surely we are beyond torture for our amusement as a species.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Cheers to you OP for not only being concerned about the "cute" animals.

I experience blood-boiling rage when I see those undercover videos of animal abuse from meat processing plants, puppy mills, circuses, farms etc. etc.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
What a great example of the kind of television that is devolving the population.

I'm sure only drug-users and mental-cases watch that.

Surely.

Please, God, surely.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I wont watch the video. I cant do it,can someone summarize for me? i like snakes....

I cant stand animal abuse. One of my routes is a delivery to a meat plant. They treat the cattle nicely and have banned electric prods, they use rattle paddles to unload the trucks. Cattle think its a rattle snake and start running. Makes me feel a little better about eating meat, but.....the place smells horrible.

Point is if i witnessed abuse at that plant i would probably blow the hell up.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I detest this type of abuse of both animals and people.
What gets me is how people get all up in arms and want to protect wolves and wallabys.
Yet snakes, amphibians and other life forms are treated as if they weren't living creatures.
To survive as a species we need to find value and beauty in all animals, not just the cute cuddly ones.
Each has it's role to play in our ecology and without them we will eventually destroy the planets ecosystems.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

I do apologize, I did not put a summary of the video (although thought I gave a rough idea) as my reaction to seeing it was integral to the point I was trying to convey.

But the video is basically a person a has to sing karaoke whilst they are forced to undergo torture, hosted by one of the Jackass crew. Although, in the video they are torturing snakes (pigeons/skunks etc) in the process of entertainment.

top topics

join