It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Countdown to 12/21/2012. What will happen? Here is what I know.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CyberTruth

Wow, interesting how very few posters here on your thread were actually paying attention. I believe the jist of your thread was the turnabout of your professor's position regarding 12/21/12, not whether or not anything was going to happen.

On that note, is it possible you could shoot your professor an email and just ask about the change of thought? I'd be curious as well to find out the answer.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm more of a 'new-ager' but, I don't necessarily believe anything is going to happen on that day. Us new-agers live in the moment lol or atleast we try to. However, the belief that the pole shift will happen and awaken new consciousness doesn't seem so out there. I, myself, have consciously changed a lot of the past few years and recently as well along with intuition. But I do not know if that brought on subconsciously or my another force such as a pole shift. Plus I've seen some animals, a lot of birds acting a bit funny down here in ATL along with others reporting they don't seem to know what direction to go.

Most likely, I don't think anything crazy like we believe will happen. But if something does, it will most likely be a man-made false flag attempt due to the date. Perhaps, Project Blue Beam? Or an attack, war, martial law in some way or another. Fortunately, I'll be in Las Vegas.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I believe something will happen. Will it be the end of the world? No. Everything will go on as if nothing has happened, and on ATS people will be going, "I told you so!"

What I think will happen is something of huge importance, but will not be recognized for many, many years.

Perhaps in a small lab someplace, a particle is sent into the past.

Perhaps cold fusion will have been accomplished on a very small scale.

Perhaps the first alien signal will be detected, but will take years to confirm.

A paradigm changing event doesn't have to be headline news the moment it happens. I believe that in 50 years, historians will finally look back on Dec. 21st, 2012 and point their finger and say, "That is the starting point from when everything started to change for mankind".

So it will appear as if nothing has happened, but somewhere someone will make some discovery that will forever change the way we look at the world.

Either that or I die, I don't like that scenerio though.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NysgjerrigDame
Like I've said before, yet not so sarcastically... Since humans can predict the weather accurately to the day over a thousand years in advance, we must trust these people that predicted a major change in 2012.

Uhh...you are talking about the weather forecast in a desert region right..? Because in the tiny little country where I live..which is in The Netherlands where btw weather is taken very seriously...the scientist have problems to be accurate within two days.

But back on topic...

First I would like to know how this Mayan date has been transposed to our count. I mean...over the centuries our count has been corrupted. And even so...Earth is too massive and big to end in a day.....if there is something going on it will be slowly change.

edit on 26/11/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Can we get a new calendar after 12/21/12. We've been using this same calender system for a long time. Starting at zero would be so much better. Maybe we can redesign it to have three days on the weekend also.
The week should start with Monday, not Sunday.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Anyone consider that nuts and/or groups of nuts may decide to take this opportunity to cause

chaos in parts of the country?

edit on 26-11-2012 by Kituwa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
Of course the TV's will work. It's just a time zone anomaly.
Keep an eye on your compass.
Keep an eye on the color of sunlight at noon. 5780 K?

Err how could you have a timezone anomaly?... timezones are simply an offset in time for setting closk in a location based on its position from GMT line in Greenwich, London...

Nothing can effect that since its not tied to anything with substance. Especially something that could effect a compass... and if our compasses started going bonkers across the world, id have alot more things to worry about than time zone anomalies, more like oh hell the iron core of our planets playing up and our magneto sphere might be disappearing at any moment and I might be getting really really really sun burned soon...

And im quite fair skinned...

Edit: That being said I think I have an idea of what might happen, on that day all those who think emphatically something will happen will suddenly become enlightened... resulting in a large majority of the human race finally saying, wow not gonna be fooled by that old rubbish ever again. And hence humanity enters a new age where the larger majority of us no longer put stock in dooms day prophecies... maybe thats what the change is.
edit on 26-11-2012 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

Your star-count
. There i fixed it, to save you from eternal damnation.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
Here we go again, another thread hoping things will change for the better.

According to new age sites, mother Gaia has been making major changes since 11-11-2012.

i ask a simple question to all spiritual people on ATS; Have you noticed anything different that is now consistent ?

Have animals changed ?

Has the weather changed for the better ?

Are you able to see spirits without the need to meditate ?

The answer will be 'No. Nothing has changed'
which proves that this new-age stuff is all one big fat ugly lie.

Yup, all of it. Every, single, bit of it.

/Sarcasm off.

/Brain turned back on.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by talklikeapirat
reply to post by KnightFire

Your star-count
. There i fixed it, to save you from eternal damnation.

Thank You!!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
reply to post by CyberTruth

Wow, interesting how very few posters here on your thread were actually paying attention. I believe the jist of your thread was the turnabout of your professor's position regarding 12/21/12, not whether or not anything was going to happen.

On that note, is it possible you could shoot your professor an email and just ask about the change of thought? I'd be curious as well to find out the answer.

I hadn't thought of that but an excellent idea. I just sent him an email and I will post again if he is gracious enough to respond. I also sent him a link to this thread. Could be interesting.
edit on 26-11-2012 by CyberTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well, if there's one thing I can give the Mayans credit for (besides their mathematical and cosmic precision) is their ability to recognize the crash of societies for various reasons.

If anything, history proves to us that societies thrive and societies crash and burn. It has literally been inevitable in every single case. Why people refuse to see that our society will also crash and burn too eventually, boggles my brain to say the least.

Now as for our current modern day society crashing and burning on a specific date (aka Dec 21st) because of their mathematical/cosmic measurement... Well, this is where I have to laugh it off as complete bollocks.

Yes, we are at one with the universe and everything has a butterfly effect per se... but the universe doesn't cause societies to crash... societies cause societies to crash.

We are our own worst enemy.
The Mayans at least have that right.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
its really annoying the crap out of me the amount of posters in all 21/12 threads that keep saying "it will just be another one of these dates predicted that will come and go".

you just dont get it. this IS the original doom date. waited for by some for decades. its not some ats idiot who has come on here and just pulled a date out of their hat.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl
its really annoying the crap out of me the amount of posters in all 21/12 threads that keep saying "it will just be another one of these dates predicted that will come and go".

you just dont get it. this IS the original doom date. waited for by some for decades. its not some ats idiot who has come on here and just pulled a date out of their hat.

Hang in there bellagirl,

There are obviously fewer people like you and I who have known as long as we have. I only happened to know so long ago because of a class I took for credits that I needed to graduate. I think it will work out well for us either way.

If something happens we will be ready and expecting it on one level or another. It will also invigorate the mystery and knowledge that Ancient peoples were capable of. Perhaps something wonderful will happen and then again perhaps something terrible will happen.

If nothing good or bad happens we can breathe a sigh of relief that nothing terrible happened. And as you mentioned earlier - We will finally be free of the one big prophesy that has been hanging over our heads for all these years

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

Just because people have been making false claims regarding 2012 and the Maya for 30 years doesn't make those claims anymore legitimate than the predictions we see made on here every day. The Maya have zero prophecies related to 2012 and numerous references to dates that fall after 2012. Taking these two facts into account, not to mention many others, it would seem to indicate that those who have perpetuated these 2012 theories have been selling snake oil.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
very simply this.. the world may have just ended. We are on a parallel dimension. Since this is a matrix the transition is done perfectly without us being aware of it. The ones who graduated just went away to other work and other planets. The ones here now just don't see that

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I like this time change / time loss theory.
It's a refreshing twist to the standard 2012 theme.
Does this mean that European stock markets will have a 5 hour period of time to make deals without us knowing it?

Will people just blink and then in the next instant it's 5 hours in the future?
If so, allot of damage could be done to one side of the world by the other side of the world.

I like this theory. We could blink and it could be over by the time our eyes reopened.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by true-life
very simply this.. the world may have just ended. We are on a parallel dimension. Since this is a matrix the transition is done perfectly without us being aware of it. The ones who graduated just went away to other work and other planets. The ones here now just don't see that

Dude I know, I just got back from there.
I couldn't take it anymore.
Just want to hang out here and take it easy...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberTruth

Originally posted by bellagirl

Hang in there bellagirl,

There are obviously fewer people like you and I who have known as long as we have. I only happened to know so long ago because of a class I took for credits that I needed to graduate. I think it will work out well for us either way.

If something happens we will be ready and expecting it on one level or another. It will also invigorate the mystery and knowledge that Ancient peoples were capable of. Perhaps something wonderful will happen and then again perhaps something terrible will happen.

If nothing good or bad happens we can breathe a sigh of relief that nothing terrible happened. And as you mentioned earlier - We will finally be free of the one big prophesy that has been hanging over our heads for all these years

thanks mate. one of the better replies a post of mine ever. obviously we are both of the same mind set.

i dont think the world will end that day. but then again i dont know. i have taken the day off work just in case...lol...i plan on having a scotch either way.

either way im just happy to have made it this far. i remember being young and thinking if i live till then to see the day then i will be happy. didnt realise that when i got to this age i would like to think i have another good 45 years in me....lol

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Some are saying it will be the end of the world "as we know it".

The end of the world as we knew it, has already come to pass.

edit on 26-11-2012 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join