It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Rise of the Machines...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The problem with experimental systems is that there are problems that are yet to be programmed to complete, and a myriad of errors that are left unchecked due to the software exceeding the processing powers of the hardware.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Originally posted by SLAYER69

The Real Rise of the Machines...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e7c11a644421.jpg[/atsimg]

Cambridge to open 'Terminator centre' to study threat to humans from artificial intelligence
*Centre will examine the possibility that there might be a ‘Pandora’s box' moment with technology *The founders say technologies already have the 'potential to threaten our own existence'
Its purpose will be to study the four greatest threats to the human species -
artificial intelligence, climate change, nuclear war and rogue biotechnology.

THE ANSWER TO THE RISE OF THE MACHINES?

= YOU will become a real-life NEO...

In the Matrix, Agent Smith kills Neo. Trinity, standing over Neo's body in the real world, whispers that the Oracle told her she would fall in love with the One. She kisses Neo, restoring his life. In the Matrix, Neo revives with new power to perceive and control the Matrix. He effortlessly destroys Agent Smith, and returns to the real world in time for the ship's EMP weapon to destroy the attacking sentinels.

In the Matrix, Neo makes a telephone call, promising the Machines he will show their prisoners "a world where anything is possible". He ends the call and flies into the sky.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AscendedGodMan2012

I've been looking but I haven't spotted the white rabbit yet. Unless of course you count beezzer but all he does is push his "Special" Oatmeal and raisin cookies...

edit on 17-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The REAL RISE OF THE MACHINES

I get a call on my cell phone.
It is a call from the computer robot who works for my auto insurance provider.
It tells me that I have 3 payment options, pay installments or pay in full or, don't pay and be cancelled.
I chose to pay in full so I pressed the button to pay in full. Because It is the cheapest option.

Something got glitched with the transaction. I ended up speaking to a human being anyway.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Wanted to add this vid, as it is more recent. Watch in HD.
While viewing this my eyes were playing tricks on me, or having tricks played on them by my mind adjusting to the merging paradigms.
I thought part of it was cgi, because it is so unnaturally natural. The way the machine re(self)composes itself while falling is freaky looking and is quite illustrative of the potential for humanoid machines to match or surpass our dexterity, coordination, balance and shall we say grace?
Anyway, fascinating..

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I'm going to bump this thread.
I've seen the video of the atlas robot doing the obstacle bit before but didn't really follow up on it much.
Well today I was reading the Daily Mail online (british tabloid) and came across this article.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The robot's 28 hydraulic joints can replicate most human moves and its hands, provided by iRobot and Sandia National Labs, can surpass them.
A light-based radar stereo camera in Atlas is the same detection system used by autonomous vehicles such as Google's self-driving car, according to ExtremeTech.

tbh I find this pretty scary, especially that cheetah robot. the way it moves and the speed of it. can you imagine being chased by that *arghhhhhh* i'd be up the nearest tree, if I didn't die from fright!

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I thought I'd pop in and ad this small update.

Enjoy...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join