It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confidential Nassau County police documents used as confetti in Macy's parade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Confidential documents from Long Island end up in Midtown Manhattan as parade confetti. How can something like this happen?

I can't even come up with a believable scenario of this happening by mistake. Maybe Nassau County PD always sends it's shredded documents to Macys for some reason?

Can somebody think of any way this can be just a mistake? Because to me it seems like it was done on purpose, but I can't think of a reason some one would do it.

NY Post

Red-faced Nassau County officials are investigating how confidential police documents — which contained arrest records, social security numbers, and information about undercover officers — was tossed from windows as confetti during Thursday's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in Midtown.

edit on 25-11-2012 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Spitting in the face of the oppressors?

Damn I hope so.

Peace

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It's a lesson in the old wisdom that nothing is ever truly secret.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I would assume they devised this as a foolproof way to dispose of them without having a dumpster full of shredded documents. What better way than use them as confetti at an event with millions of feet to trample them beyond hope of recognition. The odds that we'd even find out about it have to be slim at best.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Well, the people in those offices eat the same food as they have us eat. Food that compromises our perception. It's not just the food, it is a lot of things combined that is causing this problem..

new topics

top topics

join