It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Floods November 2012 Worst Ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Things are really bad in the UK at the moment, in fact they are the worst I've ever seen them.

The video below is The River Wye in Derbyshire, UK, at this point usually my dog can walk in it in any kind of weather but now it's almost flooded and reaching the bridge, I have never ever seen it even half this high before (sorry for the effing hell word lol)....

Here are a few more videos from the past couple of days around the UK...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The floods and weather has been really extreme the past few months in the Uk, and the past few days have been really bad and wet leaving a few places flooded.

Please leave updates and post info from your area here.

I'm in derbyshire UK and right now it's wet and windy but nothing too bad.

Are you in a flood hit area? let us know here and I hope your doing OK?
edit on 25-11-2012 by lifttheveil because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Many people by me says its the worst weather since 1968.

This is the normally gentle waterfall by Rickford Lodge in the south west, it was on the verge of breaking its banks when i got there 2 days ago.

edit on 25-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

There does indeed seem to be a lot of water. It's not getting too much play in the MSM here in the states. Figures. I guess we always associate big time weather with far off wild places. It pays to remember even someplace like GB is still at the beck and call of Mother Nature.

Good luck and stay dry

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Stay safe,flooding is a big deal and has killed many people who were unaware.
We have a good flood around my parts at least once a year,and still people get swept away in they're cars trying to drive through flooded roadways.

Welcome to the new normal.

Peace,
K

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
am in the middle of manchester. Nothing at all its just gray all the time. no floods or anything, few spots of rain tonight when out with dogs tf.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'm afraid to comment, I thought the other thread was current

I can send you lots of snow instead of water if you want.
edit on 25-11-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I'm also in the Manchester area of England, a place known as Clifton, it's just up the road from Salford. It's on high ground, but I'm slightly worried because it's also directly above the old coal-mining shafts that stretch for miles from Agecroft colliery. It's been raining on and off all day.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Here's a few more videos uploaded the past few hours, the news has just been on and BBC say there is more expected, stay safe folks and be prepared as the whole of The UK is very waterlogged right now and the rain on it's way has nowhere to go.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I'm afraid to comment, I thought the other thread was current

I can send you lots of snow instead of water if you want.
edit on 25-11-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

Only if you send me some snow tyres with it

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I hadn't heard anything about this at all , I am a bit surprised!

i'm sorry you have to endure this and to everyone else who does , I'm sorry too

Stay safe !!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Hi from County Durham!

We stayed pretty dry until yesterday evening. the rain started and hasn't really stopped, rivers and streams has started spilling over and the roads and fields are getting pretty bad, but still got to get up and go to work, soldier on and all that.
Plus i feel a little bad complaining after the US got hit by Sandy.

Anyhow, Keep Safe

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I live in Teesside and today most roads are flooded and normal flood problem areas are flooded along with some new problem areas
I read in the ninteen eightys in the newscientist that the insurance companys were saying that in the next thirty odd years the weather would be more servere, either hotter drier wetter colder common sense says the insurance companys have a great intrest in the risk assesment of houses/flooding etc
One sad manmade problem is the greed of builders and councils allowing building new houses on flood planes and other high risk areas for quick money and extra local tax the size of feeder drains is another thing that has been neglected far to small in diameter in my opinion then main sewers dumping into rivers without a great deal of assesment of excess river flow or tidal problems I could go on but feel many people are reeping what lack of planning has sown

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The latest flood repoerts for the UK are on Sky News now and it doesn't look good, the whole of England and Wales is in the red for flood alert I've never seen it that bad before

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
UK Flood Water Levels Rise:

Hundreds Flee Homes

Rain-battered Britain is struggling to cope with rising flood levels after further heavy rain brought misery to thousands of residents and motorists across the UK. Since last Wednesday, around 900 people have fled their water-logged homes after deluges left many properties uninhabitable and also caused road and rail chaos. In the beleaguered city of St Asaph in North Wales, hundreds of residents were urged to pack their bags and leave their homes after the River Elwy reached record levels and surged through flood defences. The torrential downpours spread overnight from the South West to North Wales and northern England, leading to the Environment Agency issuing about 180 flood warnings and more than 200 flood alerts across the UK. There are also two severe flood warnings - meaning a potential danger to life - for the River Elwy in St Asaph and at the A55 to Rhuddlan. The Elwy, which was still rising this afternoon, has reached a record high of 14ft 3in (4.35m) at St Asaph, making it more than 3ft (1m) deeper than its previous record of 11ft 4in (3.47m) in November 2009.

Read more and watch video here: uk.news.yahoo.com...
edit on 27-11-2012 by lifttheveil because: Fixed link

edit on 27-11-2012 by lifttheveil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
reply to post by lifttheveil

There does indeed seem to be a lot of water. It's not getting too much play in the MSM here in the states. Figures. I guess we always associate big time weather with far off wild places. It pays to remember even someplace like GB is still at the beck and call of Mother Nature.

Good luck and stay dry

Thanks and I guessed that from the response to this thread. If the US was suffering this kind of flooding this would probably be on the main page but since it's The UK nobody seems to care.

It's dominating the media in The UK right now, it's very sad to see so many homes and communities swamped and under water

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
RNLI are doing most of the rescue, if you live nearby or in a flooded area and have a scanner or ham radio you can tune in on these frequencies

ukradioscanning.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
yeah its pretty bad, well it was here over the weekend. The village I live in was featured in some of those videos. It's been nuts here. No one has ever seen it like it was over the weekend and now its the whole uk is getting it.

There was so much water in the ground it literally came up through a whole in my floor, no stopping it. it really is bonkers!.

I saw a piece on the bbc saying it wasn't so much the amount that fell or is falling, its more that everything is maxed out so no where for the water to soak into. we are literally swamped here in the UK, and not just one county, its the whole freaking country!

nuts

top topics

join