It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation & Purple

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Forgive me if this has been discussed in past threads.

I am seeing purple during meditation. It comes and goes and it is not anything directly. More of just a blur of purple that fades in and out.

I was told this has to do with the third eye. The color for the third eye chakra is purple.
Previously I was seeing blue and that would be in relation to the throat chakra. I worked on speaking more clearly with my truest intentions during that time.

It seems as though I am moving upward and am now at the third eye Chakra.

Would any of you have a different take on this?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think you nailed it.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
purple is red and blue and it don't take much to see the importance of that pair.

my words from brain meats:

when peter pan the gold for hook
and the meter man hold the book
then red and blue schism from purple
forget forgiving for living in circles

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicole101

Yeah, I do have a different take on it Nicole.

Do whatever your teachers tell you to but,

The purple is probably related to a gentle release of phosphenes deep inside your eyes. They are commonly found to present the colors purple and blue.

It's one of those things that you are supposed to ignore during meditation practice, otherwise, you are looking at the pretty purple lights instead of meditating.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicole101

Same boat. Every once in a while my vision will turn purple, or I'll see a blur/blob of purple for a short bit.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

That makes sense as well on a logical side.

We can easily get confused in meditation with random tid bits of sudden focus without even realizing it.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
According to Deepak Chopra (speaking on seeing colors in meditation) ; "...while colors might be pretty to look at, they are merely the result of the refocusing of perception..."

But then again, one can easily slip down the rabbithole of occult correspondences and psychological archetypes, depending on the nature of your private reality-tunnel...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It's easy, you've been staring at my avatar while you meditate

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Colour is perceptual.

anyone remember that crazy guy shake a spear and that other ones da vinci i remember thems both they says it doesn't matter but they still wrote a lots about it.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Im not very experienced with meditation but the times I actually started seeing visions, and when I had an OBE while sleeping I definitely see the purple haze. Starts off black with my eyes closed and then the purple color starts to sort of wave in and out. When Im getting this, from my experience this is that getting deep into the meditation.

After this I usually will either see my room with my eyes closed, or this is also the point where my thoughts become visual. Ive been told I have an violet aura so I always wondered if thats what I was seeing. After googleing it though it seems a lot of people also see the purple, so not sure its aura related.My advice is that seems like your pretty close to breaking through at that point keep it up.
edit on 25-11-2012 by BDIDDY425 because: Edit: spelling correction

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
I think you nailed it.

just keep fading deeper towards sleep and let the purple do its thing. a portal will appear if u can maintain consciousness.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
everytime I see this thread pop up, I keep thinking it's about me

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
OOOPS LOL

Sorry didn't realize it was an old thread
edit on 4-12-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
When I enter a trance it goes purple
when I start to move around in the trance it goes green

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hjello,

I should have spotted this thread before I posted about it yesterday, but I can totally relate your experience. I've seen it since about 2005 in natural half asleep states, falling asleep, or getting a back rub from my wife.

For years now I have viewed the color purple/violet while first waking up, in a half asleep state. Yesterday, II tried listening to a video on past life regression. Well, not long into it I started seeing this same purple with my eyes closed, I also felt a tickling sensation, but a "good" tickling sensation go over the front of my head and down my temple a little bit, "it really felt nice."

Really good to hear others are experiencing this as well. Also, it makes its own shapes and the deeper I stare into it, "even with my eyes closed," the more active it gets and changes shapes frequently, matter of fact I think it's always changing. I've even seen what I thought were faces in it for just a second. I have been reading "Journey of Souls," by Michael Newton and decided to try to relax myself since I haven't found out where to get this done yet.

When I was a child I would see different shapes, sizes, colors, when I closed my eyes sometimes, but never this purple flame, this actually started out of the blue one morning upon awakening in 2005 or 2006, I just woke up opened my eyes and had this purple/violet hue that was fading away and lasted for about 5-7 seconds. Since then I've seen it while half asleep or awakening, but sometimes I can see it as I'm drifting off to sleep. This evening was the first time I've seen it come up while trying to relax and let myself go.

new topics

top topics

join