It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Orbit and Let-Down Approach Simulator (LOLA) [James Hanson / Moon Hoax]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I just saw this in the Daily Mail; I used the search function but could not find anything on abovetopsecret about it and I tried to add it to the general moon conspiracy thread but it was closed.
(www.abovetopsecret.com...)

This video appears to have been released all over youtube yesterday and is hosted by a number of news organisations on youtube

The following is an article about it

How do you prepare to land a space craft on the surface of a moon that no one has ever gone to before?
One answer to that question lay in the development of NASA's Lunar Orbit and Let-Down Approach Simulator (LOLA), which at the time set back the space agency $2 million.
The high-tech simulator was designed to represent the view an Apollo astronaut would see if they were looking at the lunar surface just prior to establishing orbit of the moon.
Scroll Down for Video

Project LOLA or the Lunar Orbit and Landing Approach was a simulator built at Langley Research Center to study problems related to landing on the lunar surface. It was a complex project that cost nearly $2 million dollars.
The pilot of the LOLA was sat atop a gantry staring at a detailed visual encounter with the lunar surface.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

The video reminded me of that one which was 'supposedly' actually taken from the space shuttle window of the moon, but has been shown to have some dodgy editing where they are using a lightening effect to make the moon appear 'bigger'. I can't find the link to that at the moment, if someone could paste it I would be grateful.

Is James Hanson trying to leak easter eggs to help support the idea that the moon landing was a hoax?

Also to read that LOLA was discontinued' soon after Armstrong 'Landed' is interesting in itself!

The Daily Mail link contains some other photos taken from James Hanson's book.
I'm not sure of the function of this, especially as the photos look like its a dodgy film set!

Any other info on this?

edit on 25-11-2012 by Loopdaloop because: link fix

edit on Sun Nov 25 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
OP, I'm confused.... It's showing a simulator they used to train for the landings right? I mean, this is how I'm reading the description embedded in the video and such. So... is the suggestion that a hoax used footage out of their training sims to show as being the real landing? I'm just kinda lost for the point?

At any rate, the sims are simulations, but the earth shaking Saturn V launches with the Apollo craft and men sitting on top sure weren't...and they all went somewhere before a ship full of sailors (A ship packed with mouths who can't stay shut..lol) picked them up from the water afterward.

I find the trainer itself to be fascinating. It's amazing what tech they used to get there and back..so many times, no less. It sure makes me wonder why modern tech hasn't made the trip as routine as a transatlantic flight.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Its the quality of the simulation which is very interesting.
The following picture looks like it could be an extract from the scene where they fake the footage

the level of detail they went to at Langley Research Center....

A perfect film set?

This could even be the smoking gun?
edit on 25-11-2012 by Loopdaloop because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Are there still people who believe the landings were faked despite all the evidence?

Of course the simulator was highly detailed - it would help the Astronauts with orienting themselves when doing it for real. All simulators are made as close to reality as technology allows. Look at modern flight simulators for example.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Loopdaloop

This could even be the smoking gun?

Did you mean triangular aircraft above the moon surface on that video?

IMO that simulation training was unnecessary, like they didn't know how moon would've looked like, yeah right...
edit on 25-11-2012 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the additional material! I have a growing section on one of my sites dedicated to the space program with slide shows and info-graphics on the Saturn Rockets and Apollo program among other things. I hadn't seen some of this for the simulators though! That's just downright neat! After school breaks for Xmas I know what I'll be doing. I have a section to add to incorporate all that simulator footage and modeling of the moon.

I don't agree with the overall premise...but I don't have to agree 100% to say your thread makes for a very interesting read here!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Its can easily enough be verified. The props are good, but they shouldnt be a perfect match to the movie footage. So if the footage seen in the movie differs from the set, then its the real moon. If the match is perfect however then its very curious indeed.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merinda
Its can easily enough be verified. The props are good, but they shouldnt be a perfect match to the movie footage. So if the footage seen in the movie differs from the set, then its the real moon. If the match is perfect however then its very curious indeed.

I wonder if this is part of the evidence for that other thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join