It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you noticed the backtracking from 'end of the world' to 'a new age' ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Maybe they would rather back track than think of the worst possible scenario....
I think a lot of things in this world have been affected by FEAR.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It's only a very small faction that believe there will be anything significant happen either way. its a running joke for most people. Ask the cashier about it at the local market they will laugh and say yeah we're all going to die on the 21st...

Thing are changing but it will take a 100 years to see the difference change significantly unless there is some major earth changes the forcefully change things drastically. Like a major solar flare wipes out the grid or something...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

And what makes you think something has to happen exactly when the clock hits 00:00 Dec 21st? Because It can't happen on the 22nd? Because it can't happen in 2 months, or because the cometh to be seen in late fall-winter 2013 closest than ever cannot do anything? or because the sun may not do anything in year 2013 - when it will be the peak of solar activity before it starts going down with the activity?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

My suggestion is that the believers in "end-of the-world" have simply stopped talking.
Perhaps discouraged by the apparent failure of "Nibiru" to start approaching.
As a result, the different groups who believe in "new age" are the only ones whose voices can still be heard.
This would mean that no individuals are actually shifting from one view to another, but the overall "noise" coming from the movement has shifted emphasis.

edit on 25-11-2012 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor

And what makes you think something has to happen exactly when the clock hits 00:00 Dec 21st? Because It can't happen on the 22nd? Because it can't happen in 2 months, or because the cometh to be seen in late fall-winter 2013 closest than ever cannot do anything? or because the sun may not do anything in year 2013 - when it will be the peak of solar activity before it starts going down with the activity?

Well then that would just be a plain ole extinction level event. Nothing the maya predicted.

No doubt anything could happen on any given day. And I personally am really interested in solar flares and cme's lately.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

history repeats itself,
the first time it is a tragedy,
the second time it is a travesty.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It was never intended to be an end of the world thing but an end of one cycle and the beginning of a new one.
Besides the "end" of the world can mean different things to different people.
All cell phones going away could be some ones "end" etc..
Anyway, why do you care, if you dont buy it, did you just start this thread to antagonize people?
Lot of that going on lately.
edit on 11/25/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Exactly, even if nothing happens, one never knows and should not underestimate. The Mayans did not mean going the way of the dinosaurs on that day. But I do remember the words of Mayan researcher who I think correctly say that the end of their previous periods were connected with something important happening. I do not give it much but maybe that's why some think some consciousness thing will happen.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

My suggestion is that the believers in "end-of the-world" have simply stopped talking.
Perhaps discpouraged by the apparent failure of "Nibiru" to start approaching.
As a result, the different groups who believe in "new age" are the only ones whose voices can still be heard.
This would mean that no individuals are actually shifting from one view to another, but the overall "noise" coming from the movement has shifted emphasis.

edit on 25-11-2012 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

That is the kind of answer I was looking for. Makes sense to me... Doesnt mean were right or they are, but it does account for the lack of 'world enders'

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I always thought it was a change from the Pisces age to the Aquarius age. I never thought it was supposed to be the end of the world. You take something and tell one person.... remember this game.... then you tell another and by the time it reaches many people it has completely changed.

This is what I have experienced. All of the sudden the Maya's Golden Age of purification is now the "end of the world".

So yeah.... I see it backwards.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
It was never intended to be an end of the world thing but and end of one cycle and the beginning of a new one.
Besides the "end" of the world can mean different things to different people.
All cell phones going away could be some ones "end" etc..
Anyway, why do you care, if you dont buy it, did you just start this thread to antagonize people?
Lot of that going on lately.

Now that explanation of different interpretations of the end makes sense to me. I like that. And I feel the same way. But let's be clear, the maya did not predict cell phones would stop working on Dec 21, 2012. Nor, and I'll be blunt with what I think (given I do have a background in anthropology, so Im not just making things up out of thin air). I never, and neither did the any of my most open minded of professors, interpreted the maya calendar to be predicting that the world would end on Dec 21, 2012.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
I always thought it was a change from the Pisces age to the Aquarius age. I never thought it was supposed to be the end of the world. You take something and tell one person.... remember this game.... then you tell another and by the time it reaches many people it has completely changed.

This is what I have experienced. All of the sudden the Maya's Golden Age of purification is now the "end of the world".

So yeah.... I see it backwards.

That's the way I and my professors interpreted it as well. Now I didn't focus on Meso-american studies too much, but I'll trust those that did their dissertation on such things over people on the internet, no offense to them(unless they have some kind of background on it, then I'm all ears).

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Seriously?? I have always heard it described according to the Mayan idea- that that would be the ending of one cycle and the beginning of another- a change, as they described happening many times!

Sure there is some real extreme cases on a site like this who say the world is going to end, but they are usually in the under 17 age group, no?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
Seriously?? I have always heard it described according to the Mayan idea- that that would be the ending of one cycle and the beginning of another- a change, as they described happening many times!

Sure there is some real extreme cases on a site like this who say the world is going to end, but they are usually in the under 17 age group, no?
I most certainly would not put the 'world enders' in the under 17 category. This site and many others and just mainstream pre 2008 mostly were in the 'world ender' category. This switch to a new era explanation is most definitely not the original claim.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The cell phone thing was just an example..
Anyway, I will say this. I am one of those people that believes that civilization has advanced before and something significant happened and had to start over.
Then people will ask, well what happened to all of the buildings etc? If youve seen that show, "life after people" or something like that, youll see that after only about 1000 years, the only structures left, are the ones made out of solid stone, everything else returns to the earth.

By the way, I like having fun with this 2012 thing, especially with my kids. I have a countdown plugin on my chrome browser and every day ill say, hey 25 days till the end of the world or something like that.
I told my son this morning that I think im gonna start rioting and looting about 4 hours to midnight on Dec 21st
edit on 11/25/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

LOL- I guess some people were better informed from the beginning then, and it all depends upon what kind of people you tend to be around.
edit on 25-11-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Great OP and personally I'm happy to see the mental shift from Death and outright end of times to a sense of renewed futures and possible starts in a new direction for everyone. Possibly nothing at all, as well.....but at least more are focusing away from death.

My largest concern about 12/21/12 was always been the human factor. There is something else....and I can't define it...but that's secondary to this. The human factor is what brought Jonestown and Heavens Gate. It's what brought Waco and other stand offs in this and other nations where tragedy was the end and by the choice of the cultists for the most part.

If death remains the focus and nothing happens, that let down could CAUSE the very thing events didn't manage to deliver. I know it can be tempting to cite Darwin and smile for the lack of idiots in the world after such a thing, but I like to think I have more decency than to root for such outcomes to other people.

I don't know what will happen next month, IF anything at all.....but it's as like as not to be man made or contributed for troubles.

* by the way..... some do note that it's a fringe...but I disgree. 5,000 bomb shelters in and around Moscow with an absolute deadline of the end of 2012 speaks a lot. These companies making shelters for hundreds of thousands of dollars out to millions of dollars are making quite a business...and money always speaks loudest. Money isn't fringe. Fringe can't general hang onto money at that level.....yet money is moving on the fear of 'something' coming and it's moving in a BIG way. Literally. Lets just all hope it is a new start..or a boring uneventful few days.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

The cell phone thing was just an example..
Anyway, I will say this. I am one of those people that believes that civilization has advanced before and something significant happened and had to start over.
Then people will ask, well what happened to all of the buildings etc? If youve seen that show, "life after people" or something like that, youll see that after only about 1000 years, the only structures left, are the ones made out of solid stone, everything else returns to the earth.

I can personally attest (been on actual digs)that there are remnants of mogollon (mimbres, NM) pit houses and they were basic as basic gets. And if we can find those, then what we have produced would be able to be found thousands of years after the end. IF a civilization was at the level we were at in the past, there would be evidence in the archaeological record, its that simple. And there isn't.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I think a lot of fear has been fed into this along the way. Personally I'm getting a little tired of the 'We're all going to die" scenario. The arms race, the hole in the ozone layer, AIDS, Y2K, H1N1, Climate Change and now this. Maybe I'm not alone in the apathy associated with the sky falling in - again. I am aware that some fundamentalist types were quite excited about the recent Israeli/Palestinian thing, because they thought it was Rapture time or something. Then there are those who want everything to end, so we can start anew with a system that isn't quite so degrading to huge swaths of humanity. Some see it as a new beginning from a spiritual point of view, and others see it as just another day. So I'm not sure how much backtracking has occurred. Maybe it's just different points of view are getting some attention.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyBuff

To me 9 first represented simply "the end". But one could argue it also means "the end of the cycle" which goes hand-in-hand with the Mayan Prophecies. At first I believed the "mystery schools" aka "new age movement" used this to create fear, but now are utilizing it so some people think we are entering into some kind of golden age.

I don't know how you got that.

The last of the cardinal numbers, the 9 is the most worldly and sophisticated of all numbers. The 9 has some similarities with the 6. However, whereas the 6 as a symbol of motherly (or fatherly) love, giving its love and care to friends, family and the immediate community, the 9 offers it to the world at large; the 9, more than any other number, has global consciousness. Looking at the shape of the symbol is, as always, quite telling. The 9 is like the 6 upside down, a symbol of her offering sympathy and compassion to everyone; a reservoir of giving with a generous downward spout.

The 9 lives in the world and understands the connections between all of mankind. It is a humanitarian, and sees no real difference between its neighbor next door and the person living in a very different culture and environment on the other side of the world. The 9 is the least judgmental of all numbers, the most tolerant and the most conscious.

www.numerology.com...

Personally, I think it sounds like exactly what we need.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join