It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing the Anti?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I want to say first off that I admit that I dont know everything that the Bible teaches. I would like to first ask if the Anti Christ that is talked about will be of flesh and blood? Or is it more of an idea i.e Humanism, anti-God, etc.

Second off, I would wonder, if possible, that if the Anti were of flesh and blood, what would happen if he/she we were to die? Or if someone actually knew who they were and decided to off them? Now I know that the Bible pretty much says that this has to happen. And that it will happen before the return of Christ. My question is, if the Anti-Christ were of flesh and blood, would he/she/it be susseptible to death? I'm coming like this because Christ was of flesh and blood, so wouldnt the AntiChrist have to be as well? So what would happen if someone just got fed up and took them out? Would that just totally mess up what the bible says would happen? Wouldnt it all save us a lot of grief of having to go through the 7 year Tribulation. Take him out, make the comming of Christ a (pardon the pun) hell of a lot faster?

what do you guys think?

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It's a Christian myth and it's not universally believed by the Christian churches (to date, only the literalists (fundamentalists) believe in it.

I think it's about as valid as asking how to kill the Gorgon of Greek mythology or how to stop Fenris Wolf of the Nordic Mythology. And according to Jesus (Revelation), the "anti-christ" is anyone (and I mean ANYONE... all of them) who don't believe that Jesus is God. This would include every Muslim, Buddhists, agnostics, everyone following a native religion, Confucianists, Bah'ai, Zororasterans, Jews (yes, God's chosen), athiests, Jainists, Sikhs, Wiccans, Shintoists, Druids, Taoists, Santierists, Zoroasterans, Satanists, and Gnostics.

That's quite a list that the Bible defines for you. If you REALLY believe this stuff, you can probably get started with one of your neighbors -- though, frankly, I wouldn't advise it.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
And according to Jesus (Revelation), the "anti-christ" is anyone (and I mean ANYONE... all of them) who don't believe that Jesus is God.

Can you please show me where the Bible teaches that?

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Byrd you are talking nonsense. You can't take bible, especially revelations completely literally.
I read book called Father Elijah, aka The End Times by Michael D. O'Brien, I very much agree with it and I think its true.
I believe that Antichrist will be a powerful human inspired by Satan, world leader. Who will prosecute church, saying they are slowing down progress of human evolution and science. Majority of people will agree with him. Poor them...

[Edited on 2-5-2003 by Megaquad]

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
As for killing Antichrist, I don't think you'd be able to do that.
Devil would surely disrupt your plans. And it would be sin to kill anyone.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
yeah, I understand that it would be a sin to take a life, but I guess technically it's only flesh you're taking, not the spirit. Maybe someone would have to take one for the team and take him out!!

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megaquad
it would be sin to kill anyone.

Since when? Read the bible..

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The anti-christ will rebuild the Temple of Solomon in Jerusalem, sit on its throne and proclaim to be God.

VzH

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Marylin Manson claimed to be the AntiChrist, no?

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I think he claimed to be "Anti-Christ Super Star" then became Omega or something like that in his next album heheh.

VzH

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
"The year was fifteen ninety and I in my smoking jacket. This in and upon the plague, the acknowledgment of the beast. That every 666 years a new plague would stricken the earth. Or so it seemed.In the year 666 in the year 1332 and again in 1998, so it seemed it had. The onset of HIV and AIDS, not yet air born. This on the eve of world obliteration for the umpteenth time, and I again in my smoking jacket. I heard the wind call my name, and ignored the strong breeze and now stay nestled away so I do not have to hear it call. This on the edge of something, something huge and I unable or unwilling to stop it. So came the rain and it did wash away the sins, so came the sun, so came death. Now this, the final answer to the question if mankind is suitable for life. No man can ever judge nor shall they upon the sandy beach that once was a river of blood. You now cower before me, and you should, I am death. Why so meany have come before me and sailed from shore to shore unable to see or think, but I think. I am evil, I am wrong, and I can not be stopped. I would like to stop myself from time to time. Those who came before me knew me as I know them as the wind knows a fallout shelter or a bear knows the ociean.Can you see me write death on the ocean on the backs of every sailor lost at sea and on the eve of something great something terrible. This is the word of the damned for what I no longer remember, but swear to you it is not worth it, but it is... It is terrible, and horrifying and I look back to myself before the fall, before the cast and I still see me, as I am and always have been myself. Those of you that fear harming me, do your worst. For I shall not bow to me but watch you die, and cry, as I laugh, as I wish that I could remember why it all began. This on the eve of destruction of something grand and horrible. Throw down your arms and walk away from me. I will not be stopped because I never started. I am not a threat I am "only a reflection of you". So death may die but I will not and as the world turns some day will not, but I will still be a reflection of you. Your ways, your overbearing nature your need to destroy your blood thirsty apatite for destruction of you. THis on the eve of something great, this on the eve of something terrible. You show me light to kill the day and sink beneath the rubble of a lunacracy. This on the eve...This on the day... So came two children to a village near bazara. The guard shot off two rounds, blanks, but something else stirred in the woods looking out watching in silent desperation to save, to kill all in one. This is the nature of and the description of the beast. But fear not for this war is all but over and the title wave of events will be as it never happened once Mr. Bush is out of office. Can you see it glimmer like a ruby in the hallway outside just out of reach. And as it was fired, it too has life to see, you and me as one force, to reckon on the walls of eternity. It is you who holds the key, I am bound. Nothing shall ever be as it was or again be the way it is now like a fleeting moment unable to stop or go unable to put a finger on when exactly now is or was. This the last warning the last chance to understand, he that holds the "power" is bound to "it", and he that does not... controls "it". The force of life is like the force of being but without "it" you are nothing, and everything, all in one. Thank you Mikey. As I remember the days before and after my birth and death, and the somins I could not make, for the soul reason that death by my hands and death by yours are the same and one, so kill and I kill, let live and I am more mercifully. Take my word for this, mercy is not what you think at all.
..."

www.anti-christ.net...

What a delirium!

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
posted on 3-5-2003 at 08:53 AM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And according to Jesus (Revelation), the "anti-christ" is anyone (and I mean ANYONE... all of them) who don't believe that Jesus is God.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antichrist: Individual(Dan7:25; 8:10,13; 11:40) or group of peolple (Dan 7:7-28) who oppose God and his purpose (1 John 2:18,22; 4:3; 2 John 7).

In John 2:18, antichrists were human teachers who had left the church. Such antichrists deny the incarnation (1 John 4:3) and Christ's deity (1 John 2:2). In 2 John 7, the antichrists are identified as deceivers who teach that Jesus Christ did not come in the flesh. The concept of antichrist appears as "false Christ" (Matt. 24:24; Mark 13:22).

Antichrists of bibilical history; Antiochus Epiphanes IV; Pompey and Caligula. During the fourth Kingdom Judaism view the Roman Empire as a collective antichrist (2 Baruch 26-40;4 4Ezra 5:3-4). In Revelation 13:3, the beast from the sea may have looked for a return of Nero (who the number 666 refers to). In 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12, the antichrist figure is armed with satanic power and is fused with Belial, a satanic being.

Dispensationalists look for a future ruler who will appear during the tribulation and rule over the earth. Amillennialists interpret the term symbolically.

Obviously it is plain to see that it would not be hard to find someone to fill the boots of the antichrist during any period of history. One just need a conviction or reason to do so.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddas
posted on 3-5-2003 at 08:53 AM

quote:

Antichrist: Individual(Dan7:25; 8:10,13; 11:40) or group of peolple (Dan 7:7-28) who oppose God and his purpose (1 John 2:18,22; 4:3; 2 John 7).

I was asking where the Bible teaches that the anti-christ is anyone who doesn't believe that Jesus is God.

Since I don't, am I the anti-christ? lol

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
1 John 4:3 and every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus does not belong to God. This is the spirit of the antichrist that, as you heard, is to come, but in fact is already in the world.

Does that answer your question?

Kind chuckle to myself. (kctms)

[Edited on 3-5-2003 by Maddas]

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by another_one

I was mistaken. It was John, but not Revelation. And actually Jesus (through John) brings this point up several times:

2 John 7: "7 Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist".

...and...

1John:2:22: "Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist--he denies the Father and the Son".

...and...
1John.2:18-19: "18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come.

Voila.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Jesus the "Christ", not Jesus = God.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megaquad
Byrd you are talking nonsense. You can't take bible, especially revelations completely literally.

Oh, believe me, I don't... I don't.

I believe that Antichrist will be a powerful human inspired by Satan, world leader.

The Christian Satan seems to have done a rather dreadfully poor job of putting forth an Antichrist. 2,000 years of practice, hundreds of despots (including world leaders) various plagues and other ills -- and he hasn't made any inroads.

The Book of Revelation was quite controversial and was almost booted out of the Bible because it didn't meet some standards. It was removed from some later versions of the Bible because it was felt that the book's author (to put it in the vernacular) was probably tripping on illegal substances and that the book was very inaccurate (both Protestants and Catholics left it out of the Bible at various times.)

Anyway, most churches have decided that Revelation is simply a mystical experience and they don't study it and don't believe that it will happen. I agree with the various Catholic and Protestant churches that hold this stance.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 12:33 AM
link   
If the antichrist was killed that wouldn't be conducive to prophecy now, would it? Besides, why would anyone want to hurt the "great leader that's here to solve all our problems who will be worshiped?"

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by another_one

I was mistaken. It was John, but not Revelation. And actually Jesus (through John) brings this point up several times:

2 John 7: "7 Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist".

...and...

1John:2:22: "Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist--he denies the Father and the Son".

...and...
1John.2:18-19: "18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come.

Voila.

2 john.........For many deceivers are entered into the world,who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and ............an antichrist.....

The bible you have is a changed moderized version......
All the others are mixed up....do you have the new King James Version???

'''An Antichrist''' means an opposition of Christ........not the Antichrist which is to come in latter times.........

Yes there are many antichrist's ....against Christ......but one of latter days is ...........The Antichrist........

Many early Church Fathers have spoken of The end of the world............these still are around and now are available in the English language.......

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 04:12 AM
link   

The Christian Satan seems to have done a rather dreadfully poor job of putting forth an Antichrist. 2,000 years of practice, hundreds of despots (including world leaders) various plagues and other ills -- and he hasn't made any inroads.

The Book of Revelation was quite controversial and was almost booted out of the Bible because it didn't meet some standards. It was removed from some later versions of the Bible because it was felt that the book's author (to put it in the vernacular) was probably tripping on illegal substances and that the book was very inaccurate (both Protestants and Catholics left it out of the Bible at various times.)

Anyway, most churches have decided that Revelation is simply a mystical experience and they don't study it and don't believe that it will happen. I agree with the various Catholic and Protestant churches that hold this stance.

there are thousands of people like you on earth, they all have their own different, unmistakable theories and misinterpretations of bible, but they share one thing in common-they are all wrong

[Edited on 3-5-2003 by Megaquad]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join