It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perspective-Bending images

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by christafinias

Hey OP,

Make the title to "Perspective-Bending Optical Illusion Thread", i been planning to start an Optical Illusion thread but now i can't

Ok my contributions.

Don't read the words but say the colours.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Originally posted by haven123
reply to post by new_here

I fail to see any Perspective-Bending images, they would fit in more at.....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So true. I only posted them because of this in the OP:

Photorealism: Photorealism is the genre of painting based on using cameras and photographs to gather visual information and then from this creating a painting that appears to be photographic

But I could remove them. Or it may be too late to edit.

No, no need to remove them.

In regards to the photorealism i mentioned, the first picture on The Sun site i linked is a photorealism picture by Japanese artist Makoto Aida. at first I thought it was a real photo, my brain still doesn’t register that it’s a painting/drawing. So my view is distorted, which i think could fit into perspective bending. you think its a photo but its not.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Originally posted by spacedoubt

You'll have to click the link for these elbows.
Simply elbows
I kinda wish you would have worded that differently. That's similar to starting off with the punchline, and then telling the joke. Just doesn't work out as good that way.
lol

I think I would've noticed rather quickly, but cannot know for sure.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Hey OP,

Make the title to "Perspective-Bending Optical Illusion Thread", i been planning to start an Optical Illusion thread but now i can't

Ok my contributions.

lol, go for it, you can still make it (i dont think i can change the title now)
i was pretty good at saying the colours but my boyfriend .....not so good

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by spacedoubt

Originally posted by spacedoubt
You'll have to click the link for these elbows.
Simply elbows
I kinda wish you would have worded that differently. That's similar to starting off with the punchline, and then telling the joke. Just doesn't work out as good that way.
lol
I think I would've noticed rather quickly, but cannot know for sure.

i'm wondering the same thing, i showed the picture to others and they didnt get, it was elbows straight away, however given the content of this thread i think we'd have still got it rather quick.

edit on 28-11-2012 by christafinias because: Quotes

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Well, if they weren't elbows, then she needs to get to a doctor ASAP!!! She's got a few odd lumpy deformities in unusual places.

I don't think it would've took long at all, but it most likely would have fooled me for a split second.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Ok my contributions.

That wasn't so hard. I aced it. Didn't miss a single one of 'em.

[color=888888]Since you can't prove otherwise, that's↑ my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

Apparently this originally aired in 2011, but I just came across it a few days ago. I plan on watching it fairly soon, but haven't actually watched any of it yet. It looks interesting though, and worth checking out. I think that at least some of it is somewhat similar to the image you posted. (similar concepts anyways)

It was a 3 part series.
National Geographic - 'Test Your Brain'

[color=ADA27B]Our brains are hardwired to make sense of what we see, hear, smell, touch and taste, and fill in missing pieces with whatever our expectations suggest should be there. This helps us understand sentences even when the letters are out of place. But while brains are amazing at processing the world around us, how much should you actually trust your own brain? Enough to multitask by chatting on your cell phone while taking a drive? Think spotting a dancing, life-size penguin sounds easy? Or how about riding a bike with your eyes closed, or picking the right person out of a line-up after witnessing a crime?

[color=FFE169]Premiering on National Geographic Channel, Test Your Brain sizes up the human brain with an intricate series of interactive experiments to see how easily the brain can be fooled.

[color=ADA27B]Using some 12 watts of power, the brain is responsible for every fleeting thought, split-second decision and complex judgment. And it has a few tricks of its own – and some ways to cut corners – when piecing together how we see the world.

[color=FFE169]This three-part special will leave viewers rethinking how much faith they are willing to put in everything from memory to multi-tasking.

[color=ADA27B]EPISODE GUIDE

Test your Brain: Pay Attention!
The episode on 'attention' will be shot in Las Vegas and find out how magician use this knowledge of the brain to perform their tricks.

Test your Brain: You Won't Believe Your Eyes
The episode on 'sensory perception' will be shot in Hollywood where filmmakers use images and sound to create compelling illusions of reality.

Test your Brain: Memory
The final episode about ‘memory’ will be shot in New York where a veteran NYPD detective challenges the viewers to test their memories.

natgeotv.com...

www.imdb.com...

edit on 11/28/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Haha nice, it just means you guys can separate you left and right bran activities a bit more than average person.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So THAT'S how it got that way.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

i haven't watched the episodes yet, but gave the interactive games a go.
its amazing what the human brain can do.

you've reminded me of a paragraph of text where the first and last letters are correct, but the one's in the middle are jumbled up yet the brains still able to read it.

......................................................................................................................................................

i think i'm going to try and do my own perspective bending image/photo, i doubt it will be as interesting or exotic as some of the one's we have found.

Thanks People

edit on 29-11-2012 by christafinias because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
You won't believe these pics aren't real.

edit on 11/29/12 by FortAnthem because: Yay! I got rid of the devil number in my post count.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

You won't believe these pics aren't real.

edit on 11/29/12 by FortAnthem because: Yay! I got rid of the devil number in my post count.

AMAZING! Blows my mind!!
The detail is so real, it made me think of the 3D street paintings

The image is by Edgar Mueller.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
www.thesun.co.uk...

i cant upload the images as they are copyright.

an exhibition-goer is almost booted in the face by a girl’s foot in a 3D painting.
Lucky for him it is just an optical illusion, created by painting the foot on the wall outside the picture frame.

there's a gallery in China thats displaying some cool 3d optical illusion type paintings.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Look at this for about ten seconds and then look at your hand.

Pretty trippy and no mind altering drugs required.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Beautiful work!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Here is some of my 'photorealism' work.

Quite a talent you have there...
Beautiful work.

Here's one of mine. It's a pencil drawing I did of a friend's grandfather (I did it as a Christmas present for him, his grandfather had passed that year). I did it as an 8x10 (easier to frame that way) from an old 3x5 wartime pic he had of him...

EDIT: Doh, didn't realize I had already replied before!

edit on 27-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Here is some of my 'photorealism' work.

Quite a talent you have there...
Beautiful work.

Here's one of mine. It's a pencil drawing I did of a friend's grandfather (I did it as a Christmas present for him, his grandfather had passed that year). I did it as an 8x10 (easier to frame that way) from an old 3x5 wartime pic he had of him...

EDIT: Doh, didn't realize I had already replied before!

edit on 27-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

WoW, Gazrok... so very life-like-- incredible.
There is something about working with pencil. Do you agree? It is my favorite, if I had to choose. I find it incredibly versatile... like in your 'grandfather drawing' you've captured the essence of fabric, flesh & metal using just the one 'color.' Do you use smudging sticks and/or a kneadable eraser? Those two things are what I took away from my one art class in college (in which I made a "B" because my sketches were, according to the professor, too detailed in my notebook we had to turn in weekly.
) Whatever. I can't change who I am. Or maybe I just don't want to! (stubborn streak?!) Anyway, life taught me to draw. I just took a class in college, banking on an easy A.

What about you? You've drawn as long as you can remember, right? If you ARE 'professionally trained' that only really served to provide a structured time for you to progress (and pick up a few tips) because you already had the recipe for success in that realm... Belief + Desire = Success. (You believed in the core of your being + You were driven = There is no other outcome but to accomplish it!)

Yeahhh... I know I answered my own question up there, but I see it in your work... in the softness of the cheek shadow, in the hard shadow delineating the emblem on the hat. Shadow and light defining each other. I recognize myself in your work. (I hope that doesn't sound conceited. I just see the way you see, it seems... if that makes any sense!)

Tell me... how many hours have passed in the blink of an eye while you were drawing, yet you felt rejuvenated instead of stiff from sitting so long!

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

edit on 9-8-2013 by SwanIsland because: Have I gotten the link right? Third time lucky?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
cdn.physorg.com...

This really bent my mind when first observed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join