It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Body Genetic Engineering (Super-Soldier/Super-Human)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
Ah yes, but that involves carrying more kit, stress on the CSS chain, not really suitable for prolonged deployed op's

I wish I still had my Dr Atomic red prep goggles, though.

I hear it's drops now, you never know. Visine, gets the dead out!

edit to add - it was on the thread about the MI6 guy stuffed in a gym bag. I started ruminating about the old days and you told me it was poor form on ATS, even in 3rd person.
edit on 25-11-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by yuppa
Hybrids are not the way to go.

Oh, I disagree there.

What if you could produce a bear-human chimera? I used to know this guy that could wax rhapsodic about the possibilities of ape-human or bear-human chimerae. He took "Bear Cavalry" concept a bit too literally.

But really, if you had a grizzly-human soldier, you could wreak friggin' havoc.

Hybrids are monsters who have such a limited span of application they would not be able to live in normal society. It would be Cruel actually. Not to mention they would be unstable mentally with short lifespans.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa

Hybrids are monsters who have such a limited span of application they would not be able to live in normal society. It would be Cruel actually. Not to mention they would be unstable mentally with short lifespans.

While I agree it would be cruel, such hybrids might NOT in fact be mentally unstable, although I'm not sure about the lifespan.

What if your grizzly/human had an above average IQ, and was raised in a loving military environment, in the company of other grizzly hybrids? Properly set up, your hybrids might not realize that the world wasn't populated by both humans and hybrids living in happy coexistence. Until they were turned loose on the battlefield to protect their buddies.

Eventually they'd likely figure it out, in which case a short lifespan might be a good idea. But given a stable upbringing with a slow intro to what's going on, you could likely keep them all happy by their future retirement to Bear Island.

Certainly in literature it's not always Dr Moreau. Heck, when I was a kid one of my favorite programs was a 60's black-and-white program that featured an unnaturally intelligent dog. (not Lassie, btw). My Dad informed me that it was his opinion that the dog was a dog-human hybrid escaped from a lab, and since he was into nefarious Army stuff I thought that was as good an explanation as any. Turns out that was correct by canon - the later remake established that was exactly what had happened. So, if London turned out to be ok, why not Sergeant Griz O'Brian? Not to mention - the possibility of a human-dog as an infiltrator. Sort of a Mata-Hairy, if you will.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Ah yes
" talk like that scares folks on here "

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze
send links

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>